• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creamy Pasta: Chop Sd Tomatoes?

In summary, the Food Chopper may be suitable for cutting sun-dried tomatoes, but a knife is preferred.
bridgetbakes
I am making Creamy One Pot Pasta for a show tomorrow night. I have done this a number of times before and when it gets to the sun-dried tomatoes I usually have someone slice with the Forged Paring Knife.

However, I wondered if anyone has ever tried using the Food Chopper to dice sun-dried tomatoes before? Since I am already showcasing our Forged cutlery earlier in the recipe, I would love the chance to show off the Chopper. I am just wondering if it is sharp enough for SD tomotoes or if it would make a big mess?

Anyone know?:confused:

Bumping up...:chef:
HELP!

I'm thinking that Sun dried tomatoes would be too sticky to chop well with the food chopper. Is there something else you can chop instead of using a knife?

I have only used a knife, the one time I tried it it didn't really work that well.

I use my old old kitchen shears, NOW I'll be using the NEW shears!!!

Ginger428 said:
I use my old old kitchen shears, NOW I'll be using the NEW shears!!!

Ginger, thanks for the great idea to use the Kitchen Shears! Cutting sun-dried tomatoes with a knife is so messy!

Would still love a great idea for how to use the Food Chopper in that recipe though...;)

bridgetbakes said:
Ginger, thanks for the great idea to use the Kitchen Shears! Cutting sun-dried tomatoes with a knife is so messy!

Would still love a great idea for how to use the Food Chopper in that recipe though...;)

You could leave a few florets & small pieces of carrots & maybe say, If someone in your house doesn't like BIG pieces of veggies, you could do this.....HTH :D

Definitely don't use the food chopper for the sun-dried tomatoes... I tried that (just at home) and it doesn't work at all because the tomatoes are just the wrong texture.

I'd say the Kitchen Sheers or even the Pizza Cutter.

Just thought I would let you all know that the Kitchen Shears worked like MAGIC in cutting the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes! Truthfully it was a lot less messy than using one of the knives. Since I show off 2 of the knives earlier in the recipe, showing off another product like the shears works great.

THANKS for the suggestion!

What ingredients are needed for Creamy Pasta: Chop Sd Tomatoes?

The ingredients for Creamy Pasta: Chop Sd Tomatoes are:

• 8 ounces of penne pasta
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup of heavy cream
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Can I substitute the penne pasta with a different type of pasta?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, we recommend using a short pasta like penne, rotini, or farfalle for the best texture and flavor.

How long does it take to make Creamy Pasta: Chop Sd Tomatoes?

The total time for this recipe is about 20 minutes. It takes about 10 minutes to cook the pasta and 10 minutes to prepare the sauce.

Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned?

Yes, you can use fresh chopped tomatoes instead of canned. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as fresh tomatoes may take longer to soften.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. After cooking the pasta, drain and toss it with a little bit of olive oil to prevent it from sticking. Store the pasta and sauce separately in the fridge and reheat them together when ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • gailz2