• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking on a Stove-Eye: Tips for 1st-Timer

In summary, people have made the recipe for shows and meetings with modifications such as doubling the cream cheese, adding chicken, using a variety of vegetables, and using Roma tomatoes in place of sun-dried tomatoes. They recommend prepping some ingredients beforehand to save time, as well as boiling the water for the pasta before guests arrive. There are also suggestions for using tools as booking tools.
kam said:
Did you use just one box of whole wheat penne (less than the 16 oz called for) or did you use one box plus extra from another box to make 16 oz. The whole wheat boxes of penne that my store carries is about 12-13 oz I think.

If you used the smaller box, did all the liquid get absorbed??

I used 1 (16oz) box of pasta, but I did add just a little more cream cheese (6oz).;)

SusanBP0129 said:
I double the cream cheese and used the Moroccan Rub variation.
Excellent.

Anyone like cajon pasta? Wonder how the new chipoltle would be with this?? :confused:
Schel

Wish me luck- hubby and I are making it for dinner tonight to try it and then making it for a show tomorrow.

Good luck Becky - Its awesome -and even delish the next day!!

Thanks. Dinner was ok, but we aren't big cream cheese fans (*sighing* but cheesecake is a favorite so don't ask! ha ha) so it was alright. Not something I'd make again but the comments on here were GREAT!!!! We really used them here at home so we can incorporate them tomorrow.
DH is coming with me since its a couples show and he knows the tools as well as I do. I wish we could sign on our spouses! HA HA JK!

I'll keep yall posted!

schel said:
Anyone like cajon pasta? Wonder how the new chipoltle would be with this?? :confused:
Schel

Interesting! I may have to try that.:D

I made this recipe and it turned out great!!! Everyone loved it. The only change I made was I used a jar of tomato pesto instead of the sun dried tomatoes and it was super simple.

I sooo need to try this recipe at my next family dinner!

Garlic OOPsOkay so here is my update from tonight's show. It took no time at all to make-DH came and he started the garlic and broth before people arrived. So start to eating was 30minutes. I have never really done something so simple but showing so many cool tools (the UM...thank you all for the GREAT idea- the host bought one with her half price) and Everyone LOVED IT!:love:
The show is closing at $300 but thats ok. It got my name out so I"m happy. Smallest show I've done- the two co-hosts, their other halves, and one guest!! BUT they brought me $186 in outside orders so that helped!!

Okay- so here is a tip for all. KNow what a CLOVE of garlic is VS a BULB/HEAD of garlic. :blushing: DH and I did 3 BULBS last night at dinner not the 3-4 CLOVES it called for!
:D

Okay Becky should I not point out that you are near the garlic capitol Gilroy??? I have always wanted to be there during their annual garlic festival. I have driven through and at the right time you can actually smell garlic in the air.

Also, has anyone tried placing the four garlic cloves on the prongs of the UM? Seems like that was a tip in a former catalog. Does anyone remember? Would that be a v-shape or the thinner setting of the other adjustable blade????

jzramom said:
Okay Becky should I not point out that you are near the garlic capitol Gilroy??? I have always wanted to be there during their annual garlic festival. I have driven through and at the right time you can actually smell garlic in the air.

Also, has anyone tried placing the four garlic cloves on the prongs of the UM? Seems like that was a tip in a former catalog. Does anyone remember? Would that be a v-shape or the thinner setting of the other adjustable blade????

I've sliced garlic - using the adjustable blade.....don't know what setting it has been on though - probably whatever it was on when I slid the blade in.:eek:

It works great though! I do it to slice garlic to stuff inside the skin of chicken before roasting. Slide sliced garlic, and slice lemon under the skin, stuff the other half of the lemon inside the cavity, and then sprinkle with Greek Seasoning. Yummy! Had if for dinner last night!

Yum! Thanks for the good tip!

The UM is how I slice the garlic for this recipe. I use the adj blade set on the thin slice. It was super easy!! The hardest part was peeling the garlic (major pain in the butt!!)!!

I'm curious if anyone has made this using frozen vegetables?

Chef Kearns said:
The UM is how I slice the garlic for this recipe. I use the adj blade set on the thin slice. It was super easy!! The hardest part was peeling the garlic (major pain in the butt!!)!!
Roll it between your hands for a second. That will help loosen the skin and it will come off easier.

Oh man! I wish I had the 8 qt stockpot so that I could make this recipe. It sounds so good to eat, and a great show recipe at that!

Anyone use a pasta other than the penne? I guess that'd probably work the best but I wondered if anyone had tried anything different.

I would think you could use any pasta! I bet rotinis would be great in this!

I've used radiatore, which are little radiator shaped curly things. As long as they cook in the same amount of time as penne, any shape should work. Shapes with grooves or hollows will give the best taste, as the grooves and hollows will hold the creamy sauce.

<h2>1. What type of cookware should I use on a stove-eye?</h2><p>It is recommended to use cookware that has a flat bottom and is made of materials that conduct heat well, such as stainless steel or cast iron. Avoid using cookware with rounded bottoms or non-stick coatings, as they may not heat evenly on a portable stove-eye.</p><h2>2. How do I control the heat on a portable stove-eye?</h2><p>Most portable stove-eyes have adjustable temperature settings, usually ranging from low to high. To control the heat, turn the knob to the desired temperature and allow the stove-eye to heat up before adding your cookware. You can also move the cookware to different areas of the stove-eye to adjust the heat as needed.</p><h2>3. Can I use a portable stove-eye with any type of cookware?</h2><p>It is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for your specific portable stove-eye, but in general, it is safe to use most types of cookware on a stove-eye. Just make sure the cookware is compatible with the heat source and is not too large for the stove-eye's cooking surface.</p><h2>4. How do I clean a portable stove-eye?</h2><p>Before cleaning, make sure the stove-eye is completely cooled down. Use a damp cloth or sponge with mild soap to wipe down the cooking surface. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals, as they may damage the stove-eye. If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub the surface.</p><h2>5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a portable stove-eye?</h2><p>Always make sure the stove-eye is placed on a stable and heat-resistant surface. Do not leave the stove-eye unattended while it is in use. Keep flammable materials away from the stove-eye, and make sure to turn it off and unplug it when you are finished cooking. It is also important to keep the stove-eye clean to prevent any potential fire hazards.</p>

1. What type of cookware should I use on a stove-eye?

It is recommended to use cookware that has a flat bottom and is made of materials that conduct heat well, such as stainless steel or cast iron. Avoid using cookware with rounded bottoms or non-stick coatings, as they may not heat evenly on a portable stove-eye.

2. How do I control the heat on a portable stove-eye?

Most portable stove-eyes have adjustable temperature settings, usually ranging from low to high. To control the heat, turn the knob to the desired temperature and allow the stove-eye to heat up before adding your cookware. You can also move the cookware to different areas of the stove-eye to adjust the heat as needed.

3. Can I use a portable stove-eye with any type of cookware?

It is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for your specific portable stove-eye, but in general, it is safe to use most types of cookware on a stove-eye. Just make sure the cookware is compatible with the heat source and is not too large for the stove-eye's cooking surface.

4. How do I clean a portable stove-eye?

Before cleaning, make sure the stove-eye is completely cooled down. Use a damp cloth or sponge with mild soap to wipe down the cooking surface. Avoid using abrasive materials or harsh chemicals, as they may damage the stove-eye. If there are any stubborn stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water to gently scrub the surface.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a portable stove-eye?

Always make sure the stove-eye is placed on a stable and heat-resistant surface. Do not leave the stove-eye unattended while it is in use. Keep flammable materials away from the stove-eye, and make sure to turn it off and unplug it when you are finished cooking. It is also important to keep the stove-eye clean to prevent any potential fire hazards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheChaoticCook
  • Jillmami
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jillmami
Replies