• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Need Tips for Creamy One Pot Pasta in DCB?

In summary, the recipe was good and quick and easy to follow, but it wasn't the best showcase of the products. The host decided not to purchase the jar of sun dried tomatoes, so a bottle of olive oil was brought just in case. The recipe was done in the living room on a demo table using an electric single burner.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Have you done this at a show? Done it in the DCB? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. A consultant on my team is dealing with a difficult host and this is the recipe she want's.

TIA!

Oh I LOVE this recipe. I would think that you could follow the steps as if you were doing the grilled chicken penne, no? You wouldn't have to do the sun-dried tomatoes ahead though. Hmmm, maybe try it in the dcb? The pasta, chicken broth, garlic, carrots and broccoli could cook for 16 min. Does broccoli need that long? Then maybe toss in the cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes? Is that everything?

OK, so this probably was SO not helpful. LOL

Last edited:
I love the recipe, but my family wanted some meat with it LOL So next time I am going to grill up some chicken and add it at the end before serving :)

I did this at a show on the weekend. It is a good recipe and quite quick & easy but I found that it wasn't all that great at showcasing the products.
jmo:)

Thanks ladies, we did some brainstorming and think we have it figured out, Any other tips though would be appreciated.

As for tools I learned a long time ago that you can use way more tools for most recipes than they call for. That's why trying a recipe at home is good and taking notes while you do so.

etteluap70PC said:
Have you done this at a show? Done it in the DCB? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. A consultant on my team is dealing with a difficult host and this is the recipe she want's.

TIA!

I use an electric single burner & make it right on my demo table in my 12in skillet. People love watching how I keep adding things to the skillet! I do use 80z of cream cheese instead of 4....:D

Thank you everyone! I had my show today and the recip went great and tasted yummy!! :)
The host decided to not purchase the jar of sun dried tomatoes so I am glad that I brought a bottle of olive oil just in case. (as you use the olive oil from the jar of tomatoes) anyway, it all turned out great and we added cooked chicken too. I would not mind adding more cream cheese myself. :)

Stacey, did you make it in the dcb? If so, how did you do it?

Well, I did it alot like the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco recipe. The host did not buy the jar of tomatoes so I first added olive oil and then sliced the garlic and poped it in the micro for about 3 minutes to get the garlic soft. Then added the chicken broth and the uncooked pasta and put that in the micro for about 16-18 minutes similiar to the Penne recipe. While that was cooking I cut up the carrots, chicken and block of cream cheese. When the noodles were done I added the veggies and cooked in micro for about 4-5 minutes then added the cream cheese and chicken and put back in for about 3 minutes to help melt the cheese then mixed and added parm cheese to the top and it was ready to go. It was really good!
This particular home was not the best set up as I had to do the demo in the living room and go back and forth to the kitchen to the micro so that made for a little more work and I felt I kept losing my group each time I left...But I made it work!

Glad it worked out OK! I was going to call you last night to ask but was not sure if I should :)

What is the best type of pasta to use for one pot pasta dishes?

The best type of pasta to use for one pot pasta dishes is a short, sturdy pasta such as penne, fusilli, or rigatoni. These types of pasta hold up well in the sauce and won't become mushy.

Can I use regular milk instead of heavy cream in one pot pasta recipes?

Yes, you can use regular milk instead of heavy cream in one pot pasta recipes. However, the sauce may not be as thick and creamy as it would be with heavy cream. You can also try using half and half or a combination of milk and cream to achieve a similar consistency.

Can I add vegetables to my one pot pasta dish?

Yes, you can add vegetables to your one pot pasta dish. Just make sure to add them in at the right time so they don't become overcooked. Vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, and mushrooms work well in one pot pasta dishes.

Do I need to stir the pasta while it cooks in the one pot?

Yes, it is important to stir the pasta while it cooks in the one pot. This helps prevent the pasta from sticking together and ensures it cooks evenly. It also helps distribute the sauce and flavors throughout the dish.

How do I prevent the pasta from becoming too mushy?

To prevent the pasta from becoming too mushy, make sure to follow the recommended cooking time on the package. You can also start with less liquid and add more if needed. If the pasta is still too soft, you can try cooking it for a shorter amount of time or using a firmer type of pasta.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • c00p
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • vonfirmath