• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cream Substitute!

In summary, the conversation revolves around a new non-dairy cream substitute called MimicCreme that was found at a local health food store. The person who discovered it is excited to try it out as a substitute for cream in their recipes, especially since their family has lactose intolerance. They also mention that it is completely vegan, making it a great alternative for those with dietary preferences. However, one person points out that it contains cashews and almonds, making it unsuitable for those with allergies to those ingredients. Overall, the group is interested in trying out MimicCreme and curious to see how it will work as a substitute in baking.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Several of the new recipes call for Cream....and while I love cream, I have a problem using it all the time, and especially using it at home, since my DH & DS have some lactose intolerance. Plus, I don't use canned cream soups, so I'm always trying to come up with a good alternative for those. Today, at my local health food store, I found something new! It's called MimicCream, and my friend who works there says it works great! (just not for whipped cream - yet)

I bought some, and I'll be using it soon! Here is the link to the website, for those who may be interested. OH! AND it's completely Vegan, so it's a great alternative for those people too. :D

MimicCreme Non-Dairy Creme Substitute

Thanks Becky. I took a look at the ingreadients list....nice to see it isn't a chemical list! I'd be curious to see how it handles as a substitute in baking. Have you had an experience with that yet....I'm wondering if the lower fat content will make a noticable difference.

Cool. Thanks for sharing, Becky.

POOP! Got all excited about that as my grandson has severe allergies to all dairy - and TREE NUTS. So this is a no-go because it contains cashews & almonds. Darn it anyhow.....but please let us know how it works as it may be a good show alternative for the vegans.

Hi there! It's great to hear that you found a solution for using cream in your recipes! I understand how frustrating it can be to have dietary restrictions and still want to enjoy delicious meals. I'm also glad to hear that MimicCreme is vegan, making it a great alternative for those with dietary preferences as well. I'll have to check out the website and give it a try in my recipes. Thank you for sharing your find with the rest of us in the community! Happy cooking!

What is a cream substitute?

A cream substitute is a product that can be used as a replacement for traditional cream in cooking and baking. It is often made from a combination of ingredients such as milk, vegetable oil, and thickening agents.

What are the benefits of using a cream substitute?

There are several benefits to using a cream substitute, including lower fat and calorie content, dairy-free options, and longer shelf life. It can also be a more budget-friendly alternative to traditional cream.

Can a cream substitute be used in all recipes that call for cream?

While a cream substitute can be used in many recipes, it may not work well in all of them. It is best to check the specific recipe to see if a cream substitute is recommended or if it can be substituted for traditional cream.

How do I choose the right cream substitute?

Choosing the right cream substitute depends on your personal dietary needs and preferences. If you are looking for a dairy-free option, you may want to choose a product made from plant-based ingredients. If you are watching your calorie intake, you may want to choose a lower-fat option. It is also important to consider the flavor and consistency of the cream substitute.

Are there any tips for using a cream substitute in cooking and baking?

When using a cream substitute in cooking and baking, it is important to follow the instructions on the product packaging. You may also need to adjust the amount of cream substitute used in the recipe to achieve the desired consistency. It is also recommended to taste the dish as you cook and adjust the seasonings as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • otisbg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC