• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Crayon Mark from Stoneware: Tips and Precautions

In summary, a friend has a stoneware with a crayon mark on it and is asking for advice on how to clean it off. They are wondering if they can use a baking soda paste, but the person providing advice does not recommend using the stone for cooking anymore due to uncertainty about the type of crayon. There are suggestions to use soap and hot water or natural methods to remove the mark. Another person suggests using an iron and absorbent paper towel to remove crayon marks. There is also a question about a possible pencil mark on a different stoneware. The friend tried the baking soda paste and the crayon mark is now gone, and they plan to use the stone again.
FFBearPChef
I have a friend just call me and said she found a stoneware with a crayon mark on it. She is asking how to clean it off since we don't recommend to use soap. Can she use baking soda paste? Personally, I don't recommend to use the stone for cooking anymore since I'm not sure what kind of crayon it is. Any suggestion?

I assume it was the cooking surface that was maked. Right? Was the stone (almost) brand new or an older well seasoned?
In this case i would use soap, if the hot water and a little rubbing doesnt take it off. She doesn't have to wash the whole stone just that mark anyway. And later she can always bake something on that she will toss after baking. About the crayon, i would not worry about it since it's most likely that is one of the non-toxic ones.

Also there might be some other natural ways to safely clean crayon marks, that i do not know about. Maybe you will get some more great ideas.

Zsuzsanna

Heat and something absorbent should work. Set an iron to low. Fold paper towel a few times, then place the paper towel over the crayon. Apply the iron. After a few moments, refold the towel, applying a clean spot to the mark. After a few times the mark should be gone.

How about a pencil mark? I had a pencil in the bottom of my bag, and it must have gotten between the Large Bar pan and the Med SS sheet pan I nest into it. I have a dark mark that I am assuming to be pencil lead. All my scrubbing has not gotten it out. Could it be a mark from the sheet pan, and not pencil? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
It's an older stone. She just email me said that she "googled" how to clean a pizza stone and tried the baking soda/water paste with nylon sponge to clean it off. She said the crayon mark is gone. She think it should be ok and plan to use it soon!

Then your problem is solved. Great to hear.

On the 'pencil' mark. I would use eraser first. And then I would use baking soda, then soap then whatever I can think of.

1. How do I remove crayon marks from stoneware?

To remove crayon marks from stoneware, first try rubbing the affected area with a damp cloth and some baking soda. If the marks persist, mix equal parts white vinegar and water and scrub the area with a sponge. Rinse with water and repeat if necessary. You can also use a non-abrasive cleaner specifically designed for stoneware.

2. Will the crayon marks affect the performance of my stoneware?

No, the crayon marks will not affect the performance of your stoneware. As long as the marks are removed, the stoneware will still function as intended. However, it is recommended to remove the marks as soon as possible to prevent them from setting in and becoming more difficult to remove.

3. Can I use a magic eraser to remove crayon marks from stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use a magic eraser on stoneware as it can cause scratches and damage to the surface. Stick to using non-abrasive cleaners and gentle scrubbing methods to remove crayon marks from stoneware.

4. Will using a dishwasher remove crayon marks from stoneware?

In most cases, using a dishwasher will not remove crayon marks from stoneware. It is best to hand wash the stoneware using the methods mentioned above. However, some stoneware may be dishwasher safe, so check the manufacturer's instructions before attempting to remove the marks in the dishwasher.

5. Can I still use my stoneware if the crayon marks won't come off?

Yes, you can still use your stoneware even if the crayon marks won't come off. However, you may notice some discoloration or staining on the stoneware. This will not affect the performance of the stoneware, but if the marks bother you, it may be time to replace the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • sedona
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • DessertDivaFL