• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crate vs Show to Go: Streamlining My Show Packing Process

In summary, Charlene uses a rolling showcase with a crate and a tote. She takes what she needs for the recipe and some of the new products.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I already feel like I pack my whole kitchen when I go to a show. I just earned my final show to go piece :D I used to use my crate with a trashbag to put my dirty dishes in. Has anyone tried putting a trashbag in the rolling bag? I don't want to ruin it already. I have already scatched my glassware and the top of my chillzane by using the crate. But I don't want to have to take the 3 pieces of show to go plus the crate plus my briefcase plus my laptop bag if I can avoid it.

I've used the rolling case (which is awesome by the way) and I fold up the crate and stick it in the back pouch there, with an extra folded up garbage bag. To take dirty dishes home, I set up the crate and stick them in there. I haven't done the thing with the trash bag IN the rolling case, but I think I've read on here that people have. I find it's REALLY easy to just use the crate, that way if it gets dirty it's easy to clean. I do still use the garbage bag incase I end up needing to stick some extra clean stuff in there in a hurry. I rarely do since the tote and the rolling case have so much room in them. Unless I bring a ton extra to the show, there's always plenty of room.

Hope that gives you at least one opinion! :)

Not SureI haven't gotten my 3rd piece yet, it should be here by Monday. However after watching the video several times it looks like there would be space to put your briefcase material in the rolling case of the S-T-G. What are you putting in those three pouches on the outside of the case right now?

I was concerned about bringing too much stuff myself. I am going to play with it a bit and see if I can't get all of my paperwork and possibly my laptop in the rolling case. That sucker is going to be DANG heavy!

I love the Show-to-go but it is heavy getting in and out of the car and up and down stairs. I have watched the video many times and put LESS in it than she does! I may go back to using the crate if I can't figure out a way to lighten the load. No way would I even consider using the rolling crate to hold my paperwork. I can see where it would be good to take to a fair or other event where you have to walk a bit to get to your table - but getting it up those stairs...

I take what I need for the recipe and some of the new products so I don't think I'm really carrying an overly lot of product.

I can't watch the video on my computer.I don't know why?

Charlene

Do ya'll bring a folding table also? Most of my host don't have a table area for me to work from. What do ya'll do?
Charlene

I just use the kitchen/dining room table, move it if necessary, or if the host has an L-shaped counter or a bar, I work off of that. If at all possible I try to avoid using a card table, way too shaky to use the chopper on.

Try downloading Quicktime, and then see if you can watch the video

cbord said:
I don't know why?

Charlene

I have a table that I bring. It's a sturdier version of a card table and doesn't move at all when I chop. It's made of a polyurethane material and is light weight too. I have it in the car in case I need it when I get to the party which is about half of the time.

I always over-pack.I have so much stuff that I hate to leave it all at home! I'm always overpacking. I, too have the Rolling showcase & I love it! The new one looks smaller in size than my current one. (I have $60.00 to go to earn my 3rd piece, but that's ok...I have a show in the morning w/an expected attendance of 30 who have rsvp'd!) /the host already has seven outside orders,too!

I have always taken my crate (in my showcase) holding all my products, and a second crate folded on top. I take a rubbermaid tote w/lid for my dirty stuff (which usually isn't much, because my host always wash my stuff while I clean & pack up).

I know I take too much stuff, but I like for customers to be able to look at, try out, touch, & investigate the products for themselves.

Holy cow, that should be a great show tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes! :D

Show-to-Go Travels WellThe Show to Go just made a trip from Newark to Tampa, traveling successfully through the airline baggage system! Nothing was lost and it looks none the worse for the wear (I did not have any stoneware with me, as my sister had plenty, but I had packed plenty of SA pieces). I know it's not its intended use, but I can recommend it if you ever need to make an out of town kitchen show run!

Mary

Check out my response in new threads!!!!!
pamperedbecky said:
Holy cow, that should be a great show tomorrow!! Let us know how it goes! :D

Thanks Becky! $1000+ show! I'm going to post it in another thread since this is about the crate & the show-to-go!

I have an out of town show this weekend. I am going to leave the crate behind and try to work out with just the show to go pieces. Hopefully I won't do any major damage. What is this about host doing the dishes?? I have never had this proposed and I am still there about 4 hours.

Wouldn't you know it...the one time I am going to try something new and use the trash bag in my rolling crate, the host decided to do up my dishes for me while I was taking orders. Wow that was a new experience but definately a nice one.

krzymomof4 said:
I already feel like I pack my whole kitchen when I go to a show. I just earned my final show to go piece :D I used to use my crate with a trashbag to put my dirty dishes in. Has anyone tried putting a trashbag in the rolling bag? I don't want to ruin it already. I have already scatched my glassware and the top of my chillzane by using the crate. But I don't want to have to take the 3 pieces of show to go plus the crate plus my briefcase plus my laptop bag if I can avoid it.

I put my crate in the back of my show to go! It works great! Then I unfold it when I get to the show and use it for my dirty dishes. All of my clean dishes go back in the show to go! And none of the clean dishes get dirty! :D

Smiles,

Marlene Bauman
Independent Sales Director
The Pampered Chef

www.pamperedchef.biz/marleneskitchen

What is the difference between a Crate and a Show to Go for streamlining my show packing process?

A Crate is a larger, sturdier option for transporting your Pampered Chef products, while a Show to Go is a more compact and lightweight option. Both are designed to help streamline your show packing process and make it easier to transport your products from show to show.

How do I determine which option is best for me?

The decision between a Crate and a Show to Go will depend on your specific needs. If you have a large amount of products to transport and need something more durable, a Crate may be the better option. If you have a smaller product selection and value convenience and portability, a Show to Go may be more suitable.

Can I use both a Crate and a Show to Go for my shows?

Yes, you can use both options for your shows. Some consultants prefer to use a Crate for their larger products and a Show to Go for their smaller or more delicate items. This allows for more organization and efficient packing.

Are there any specific products that are better suited for a Crate or a Show to Go?

Both options can accommodate a variety of products, but there are a few factors to consider. Crates are best for larger, heavier items or products that need more protection during transportation. Show to Gos are great for smaller items or products that are more fragile and need to be carried with care.

How do I properly pack and organize my Crate or Show to Go?

To ensure the most efficient use of space and protection for your products, it is recommended to pack your Crate or Show to Go with the heaviest items on the bottom and the lighter items on top. Utilize dividers and organizers to keep products in place and prevent any shifting during transportation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dwyerkim
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
Replies