• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Stressed Out: Hosting for an Unreachable Host

In summary, the host forgot to send out invitations for her party tonight, and then realized her mistake and called to apologize. She is still looking forward to the party, but next Monday is the real party.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was attempting to host coach for a host today who is impossible to get a hold of. While doing so I realized her show is next weekend and I still haven't sent out her invites! I got her list the day before Thanksgiving and meant to do them Thanksgiving Day. Well I was a lot busier in the last few days than I expected (where the heck has time gone). Of course I didn't get a hold of the host. I'm planning on sending out the invites tomorrow and luckily she gave me phone numbers for most of the guests. I feel bad but know that there is nothing I can do. Just needed to vent.

It may actually be better that they didn't receive their invites over this weekend. Things being so busy for most people it probably would have gotten overlooked.

wadesgirl said:
I was attempting to host coach for a host today who is impossible to get a hold of. While doing so I realized her show is next weekend and I still haven't sent out her invites! I got her list the day before Thanksgiving and meant to do them Thanksgiving Day. Well I was a lot busier in the last few days than I expected (where the heck has time gone). Of course I didn't get a hold of the host. I'm planning on sending out the invites tomorrow and luckily she gave me phone numbers for most of the guests. I feel bad but know that there is nothing I can do. Just needed to vent.

If you have their numbers, you can call them....HTH

Ginger428 said:
If you have their numbers, you can call them....HTH

I send out reminder calls a day before the party.

Dont' beat yourself up too bad...I have done this TWICE in the last week! And then sent some out that have the wrong phone number:cry: The first lady went bullistic and she was not nice at all. Of course, she has been rescheduling since I met her in January, 2007!!!! I think she had to make a point of putting me down to her friends. She was overly rude.

The second one is one that is this Saturday. I have tried to offer to call everyone on her list, called her SIL who hopes she is still having the party...almost begging her but she is positive her friends are busy...I feel she is looking for an out to postpone it. She is MUCH nicer than the other person (who is acting like a hag).

I too am upset and know that my full time job demands really threw me off track. I just noticed today that I blew off a haircut that was scheduled all most 2 weeks ago!! I totally forgot it!

I am trying to get more organized, but it just is an ongoing battle I have in every aspect of my life. I feel fortunate to do all I do with the lack of organizational skills I seem to have!!

Hey! It's okay! I'm in the same position! I was packing for my show and saw the planner that I forgot to mail out for my Dec 6th show. I called and left a message that I'm still excited about her show. I'm embarrassed that I just saw her planner, but I'm not worried because my best shows have been planned in under a week!

We'll see what happens.

Either way...you are not alone on making this mistake.

Here's an even better one... I LOST 2 orders for my MIL's show. The last I saw them was Friday afternoon when I was at the bank. They still had the checks paper clipped to them. One of the ladies at the bank was telling me about remortgaging our house (our bank was bought out & the new service is horrendous) & I think I may have left them at the tellers window. I'm going to call there tomorrow morning & see if that's the case. Otherwise, the only think I can do is call the 2 guests & apologize & ask for the order again.

Ugh! Something very similar....I've been host coaching a host for her party tonight...we've had a conversation Saturday, and then again this morning...and when I said "I'm really looking forward to your party tonight," she informed me that her party is next Monday! :eek:She's right! I have hosts with the same first name and last initial for tonight and next Monday - and I've been host coaching the wrong host! :eek::eek:Just got off the phone with my (real) host for tonight, and thankfully, she was very good natured about the whole mess. Without any last week host coaching from me, she has 15 confirmed RSVP's and 5 outside orders from work. Whew! :eek: And she wants the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder for the demo - same as the other host...so I don't have to repack anything. Double Whew!

Terrible to say but I am so glad that I am not the only "human" out there that makes mess ups sometimes! For the host that was rude to me, I thought she, of all people, would understand because she tried to be a Party Lite consultant while working full time. Guess she was perfect :D even though she no longer does direct sales.

Bank hasn't seen the orders... better search the car again. Ugh!! MIL is waiting on another order anyways, but still, let's close this show & move on!

I won't go in to all the ugly details....just suffice it to say that all this time I was blaming it on senior moments! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :eek:

BTW, whatever happened to Jillysue? She was super organized!

Last edited:
I think an end-of-year melt down has hit everyone. We need to regroup after Dec. 15 and be ready to hit the field running in Jan.

Becky - you really lucked out! I bet they're both great shows.

I think Jilleysue is a consultant for another DS company.

Becca_in_MD said:
I think an end-of-year melt down has hit everyone. We need to regroup after Dec. 15 and be ready to hit the field running in Jan.

Becky - you really lucked out! I bet they're both great shows.

I dodged a bullet is more like it! :eek:

My show tonight - right now is at $1100 with 2 bookings (Jan & Feb) and more outside orders to get. :sing:

When did JilleySue leave?

Good luck! I know it will work out! I def. agree with Sharon!

And, fwiw, I feel that invitations are a reminder because the hosts usually have already told everyone about their shows! And, calls help a lot!

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
I think Jilleysue is a consultant for another DS company.

Hey everyone, Yes I am here....and I still organize. Moved to another DS company. Doing GREAT, hope to promote to Director in April...can you believe it. I still check back in to see how everyone is doing. Love Chef Success. So fun here. Feel free tO PM if you have any organization questions at all. My new company is doing so well, we created my own office. Its amazing. I am very excited. I have a team of 23 and just LOVING IT!!! WOOO HOOOO

I hope you all are well! PC still ROCKS!!! :chef: Love the new S/S line. Awesome!

How are you Ann? Hope you are well!

Just want to let all my PC girls know that I finally promoted to Director with my other DS company. Thank you all so much. I learned so much from PC. You all are the best!!! BIG HUGS!!

Congrats Jilley. What Company are you with?

Scentsy. Love it. I am an addict! : )

1. How do I handle a host who is unreachable and not responding to my messages or calls?

If your host is not responding to your attempts to contact them, the first step is to try reaching out through a different method, such as email or social media. If they still do not respond, it may be best to reach out to their friends or family members who may have a closer relationship with them. Ultimately, if your host is unreachable, it may be necessary to find a new host or reschedule the party.

2. What should I do if my host cancels the party at the last minute due to feeling stressed out?

In this situation, it is important to be understanding and empathetic towards your host. Offer to reschedule the party for a later date or give them the option to hold a virtual party instead. If they are unable to reschedule, you can also offer to provide them with resources and tips for managing their stress.

3. How can I help my host feel less stressed out about hosting the party?

One way to help your host feel less stressed is to offer your assistance with party planning and preparations. You can also suggest ways to simplify the party, such as having a potluck style meal or keeping decorations minimal. Additionally, make sure to communicate clearly and frequently with your host to ensure they feel supported and informed.

4. What can I do if my host is stressed out about the cost of hosting the party?

If your host is feeling stressed about the cost of hosting, you can suggest ways to keep the party budget-friendly, such as having a potluck or providing more affordable recipe options. You can also offer to help with the cost by providing discounts or incentives for their guests to make purchases. Ultimately, it is important to respect your host's financial concerns and work together to find a solution.

5. How do I handle a host who is stressed out about having enough guests attend the party?

If your host is worried about having enough guests, reassure them that the success of the party is not solely dependent on the number of attendees. Offer to help them come up with creative ways to invite more guests, such as through social media or sending out personalized invitations. You can also suggest hosting a smaller, more intimate gathering instead of a large party. Remind your host that the most important thing is to have a fun and enjoyable time with their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PChefPEI
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies