• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars

In summary, the recipe for Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars is on page 45 of the Simply Sweet cookbook and can be found online. The recipe includes zest, juice, and cranberries along with sugar. The bars are baked and then top with a crust mixture and sugar. The bars are also diabetic friendly and delicious.
ChefMommyof3Boys
Anyone have this recipe?! It looks delicious!!!! I have a show this weekend and I would love to bring these along!! Thanks!!!

The recipe is on page 45 of the Simply Sweet cookbook. I looked to see if I could find it online anywhere, but couldn't. So, here you go:

Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: 24 bars

Crust:
3/4 c butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
3/4 c sugar
2 egg yolks
3 c all-purpose flour

Filling:
1-2 oranges
1 bag (12 oz) frozen cranberries
1 1/3 c sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 c cold water

Topping:
1 c reserved crust mixture
1/4 c sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray Medium Sheet Pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In Stainless 4-qt Mixing Bowl, mix butter and sugar using Small Mix 'N Scraper until combined. Whisk in egg yolks with Stainless Whisk. Gradually add flour; stir just until combined. Reserve 1 cup of the crust mixture for topping. Gently press remaining crust mixture over bottom of prepared pan. Using Baker's Roller, roll crust to an even thickness. Prick surface of crust with pastry tool. Bake 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.

2. Zest orange with Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 2 tsp. Juice oranges with Juicer to measure 1/3 cup. Combine zest, juice, cranberries and sugar in 3-qt Saucepan. Cook, uncovered, on medium-high heat 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened. Combine cornstarch and water in 1-cup Prep Bowl; stir until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into cranberries with Silicone Sauce Whisk; cook 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.

3. Place remaining crust mixture in Small Batter Bowl. Add sugar; toss until crumbly. (The mixture should hold together when pressed, but readily break into smaller pieces.)

4. Spread filling over crust with Small Spreader. Sprinkle topping evenly over filling. Bake 23-26 minutes or until filling starts to bubble. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool completely. Cut into bars.

Chef's Corner:

To avoid lumps of cornstarch in the filling, it is important to mix the cornstarch with cold water. Whisk the cranberry mixture as you pour in the cornstarch mixture.

Pricking the surface of the crust (also known as docking) allows air circulation throughout the crust, helping both the bottom and the top of the crust to bake evenly. It also prevents the crust from rising or puffing up during baking.

US Nutrients per serving (1 bar): Calories 200, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 40 mg, Fiber 1 g

US Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1 1/4 fruit, 1 fat (2 1/4 carb)

Shari in TX

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH SHARI!!! :) You saved me! I ordered that cookbook today!

Just wondering if you made these and if so how were they? I'm thinking about making them for a Holiday Open House this Saturday! :)

I did make them! They were amazing!! :)

Would the lg. bar pan be too big?

I used it and it was a little too big but the crust doesn't spread much so you could still use it.

What are the ingredients for Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars?

The ingredients for Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars include all-purpose flour, sugar, butter, cranberry sauce, and oats.

How do I make Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars?

To make Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars, start by mixing together flour, sugar, and butter to create the shortbread base. Press the mixture into a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Then, spread cranberry sauce on top and sprinkle with a mixture of oats, flour, and butter to create the streusel topping. Bake for an additional 20 minutes and let cool before cutting into bars.

Can I use fresh cranberries instead of cranberry sauce?

Yes, you can use fresh cranberries instead of cranberry sauce in this recipe. Simply cook the fresh cranberries with some sugar and water until they become soft and jam-like. Then, use this mixture as a substitute for the cranberry sauce in the recipe.

How long do Cranberry Shortbread Streusel Bars last?

These bars can last for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to keep them longer, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

Can I use a different type of fruit for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of fruit in this recipe. Blueberries, raspberries, or chopped apples would all make great substitutes for the cranberries. Just make sure to adjust the amount of sugar used in the recipe depending on the sweetness of the fruit you choose.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• showoffchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • ChefMary412
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jennie50