• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using apples in your Bread Pudding?

In summary, to make Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding, you will need a loaf of crusty French bread, fresh cranberries, an orange, eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and melted butter. You can use dried cranberries instead of fresh ones, but make sure to rehydrate them first. The baking time for the bread pudding is about 45 minutes, and it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Other types of bread, such as brioche or challah, can also be used for this recipe.
pkd09
Silver Member
I prepared this for the first time yesterday. WOW what a lot of product used! Anyway, DH and myself were OK with the recipe. I really like Bread Pudding and am not a fan of fruit in it. But, my DH suggested using apples! Thought it sounded really good. Could use apple juice instead of the juice from the orange, not sure about apple zest? On top I could sprinkle the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles. I think I will try it this week.

Thanks for the awesome recipe!That sounds like a great idea! You could definitely try using apple juice instead of orange juice, and adding some apple zest would give the pudding an extra layer of flavor. The Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles on top would be a great way to finish it off. Looking forward to hearing about how it turns out!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the recipe! It's always helpful to hear how others have modified or enjoyed a dish. Using apples in bread pudding sounds like a delicious idea. I think using apple juice instead of orange juice would add a nice touch, and I'm sure the Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles on top would be a tasty addition. Let us know how it turns out when you try it this week!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding?

To make Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding, you will need:

• 1 loaf of crusty French bread
  • 1 cup of fresh cranberries
  • 1 orange
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup of melted butter

2. Can I use dried cranberries instead of fresh ones for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute dried cranberries for fresh ones in this recipe. Just make sure to rehydrate the dried cranberries by soaking them in warm water for 10-15 minutes before using them in the recipe.

3. How long does it take to bake the Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding?

It takes about 45 minutes to bake the Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding. The bread pudding is done when the top is golden brown and the center is set.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding ahead of time. After baking, let it cool completely and then cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. When you're ready to serve, reheat the bread pudding in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

5. Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of bread for this recipe. However, crusty bread works best because it holds its shape and texture when mixed with the custard. You can also use brioche, challah, or any other type of bread that you prefer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Brenda K.