• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Jerk Chicken Nachos: Tips & Ideas for Non-Alcoholic Drinks!

In summary, the Meijer's Brand Raspberry Sorbet would be a good substitute for the sorbet if you can't find it, and the Cran-Raspberry Fizz is always a hit.
ChefPaulaB
Okay, I was thinking about making this tonight for company. I've never made it but have heard good things. I'm making Jerk Chicken Nachos and usually I serve margaritas or beer with this, but my friend is undergoing cancer treatment and can't have alcohol, so I thought I'd try something different. Do you think it would go with the nachos or should I make the lemon fizz version? And if I can't find sorbet, is sherbet close enough, or are they totally different? Any tips or experience (I know, they're not that complicated, just need to know details on things)... TIA!!!

I would think the lemon version would go better with the nachos. A bit more of a nod to the margaritas you can't have.

As for the sorbet vs. sherbert thing, I Googled it, and this came up:

The difference between sorbet and sherbet is that sherbets contain milk or another fat, making it similar to ice cream. Generally thought of as being fruit based, sorbets can be made with any ingredient.

Based on that, I think sherbet might give the drink a funky consistency. If you can't find sorbet though, you can make your own:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/lemon-sorbet-recipe/index.html

It doesn't look too hard, but I don't know if you'd have the time if you need it tonight.

the Cran-Raspberry Fizz is MUCH better than the Lemon-Lime! I've done it twice as a taste test...

Once, at a large cluster meeting - the Cran-Rasp. won hands down...

And then again at my own Host Appreciation show, and again the Cran-Rasp won hands down.
This stuff is sooo good! People LOVE it at shows!
I've made it to go with just about everything, including the Nachos.

Meijers has Raspberry Sorbet - They even have Meijer's Brand Raspberry Sorbet. You want to use sorbet, not sherbet. It's fruitier that way. :D Sherbet is a dairy product.

thank you ladies! I appreciate the input... I was thinking there was probably a difference, but needed to see it. Maybe I'll get stuff for both and do a taste test. Thanks again!

ChefPaulaB said:
thank you ladies! I appreciate the input... I was thinking there was probably a difference, but needed to see it. Maybe I'll get stuff for both and do a taste test. Thanks again!

The Cran Rasp Fizz wins hands down, I've made it dozens of times & is ALWAYS a hit, even with kids, and it makes a full gallon. The Lemon one is barely half & kind of a pain to make & the taste is so so...

If you absolutely can't find the sorbet, sherbet will work, it will just make the drink cloudy, and not quite as fruity. Still good, though. (And significantly less expensive than the sorbet.)

chefann said:
If you absolutely can't find the sorbet, sherbet will work, it will just make the drink cloudy, and not quite as fruity. Still good, though. (And significantly less expensive than the sorbet.)
The Meijer's brand sorbet isn't as expensive, though. Way less than buying Hagen Daz!

We had it at a show a few days ago & the host had bought sherbet. It was still delicious!!

Well after going to the grocery store (didn't have time to make it to meijers) I decided to just stick with the Cran-Raspberry because I didn't want to have to buy 2 different kinds of sorbet! :eek: $4.25 for a pint! :cry: I'm hoping not to like it too much! anyway, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes over!

ChefPaulaB said:
Well after going to the grocery store (didn't have time to make it to meijers) I decided to just stick with the Cran-Raspberry because I didn't want to have to buy 2 different kinds of sorbet! :eek: $4.25 for a pint! :cry: I'm hoping not to like it too much! anyway, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes over!

FYI, if you do like it - Meijers Sorbet is $2.99 a pint...and watch for it on sale! Usually when the Meijer brand frozen foods and desserts are on sale, the sorbet is 2 for $5.

ChefBeckyD said:
FYI, if you do like it - Meijers Sorbet is $2.99 a pint...and watch for it on sale! Usually when the Meijer brand frozen foods and desserts are on sale, the sorbet is 2 for $5.

Awesome, good to know, I'll keep my eye open for that! Thanks!

Also all I drink is diet soda (don't bash me!!! ;) ) and instead of plain Ginger Ale, I use Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale....:D

Ginger428 said:
Also all I drink is diet soda (don't bash me!!! ;) ) and instead of plain Ginger Ale, I use Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale....:D

Mmmm - I bet Cranberry Ginger Ale would make it even better. Hard to imagine though, I love that stuff!

I'm always disappointed at shows when I make it, and it's all gone before I can grab a small glass of it!:eek:

I saw a Cranberry Lemon-Lime soda at the store and wondered if that would be good, but decided to go with original Ginger ale for the first time... It was good, she liked it, but was pretty sure that it'd be better with a little vodka or something in it. I told her after she's all better I'd make her a vodka version...

ChefPaulaB said:
I saw a Cranberry Lemon-Lime soda at the store and wondered if that would be good, but decided to go with original Ginger ale for the first time... It was good, she liked it, but was pretty sure that it'd be better with a little vodka or something in it. I told her after she's all better I'd make her a vodka version...

its also great with wine or champagne!!

Ginger428 said:

Oh, yeah, that would be good! Will have to try that.... ooh, I have a bottle of cranberry wine that I bought from a local winery that would probably be really good in it! Guess I know what I'm doing with the leftovers tonight!

Ginger428 said:

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if anyone has made the Cran Raspberry Fizz with Alcohol? I was thinking about making a regular version and another one with vodka for my Tasting Show this weekend. I'm having firend over to test out new recipes for the Fall.

Thanks!

PamperedSD said:
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if anyone has made the Cran Raspberry Fizz with Alcohol? I was thinking about making a regular version and another one with vodka for my Tasting Show this weekend. I'm having firend over to test out new recipes for the Fall.

Thanks!

Yes! Its Great but leave it separate. Add as you serve.... :D

Ginger428 said:
Yes! Its Great but leave it separate. Add as you serve.... :D

What type and how do you leave it separate? I was thinking about making two batches one with and one without - I have 2 QSP.

1. How do I make the jerk chicken for the nachos?

To make the jerk chicken, marinate chicken breast in a mixture of jerk seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice for at least 30 minutes. Then, grill or bake the chicken until fully cooked and shred it into smaller pieces for the nachos.

2. Can I use a different type of meat for the nachos?

Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer for the nachos such as beef, pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to season it with jerk seasoning for that authentic flavor.

3. What kind of cheese should I use for the nachos?

You can use any type of cheese you like for the nachos, but some popular options include cheddar, pepper jack, or a blend of Mexican cheeses. Just make sure to shred the cheese for even melting.

4. How can I make non-alcoholic drinks to pair with the nachos?

For non-alcoholic drinks, you can make a refreshing tropical punch using pineapple juice, orange juice, and a splash of cranberry juice. You can also make a mocktail version of a margarita using lime juice, agave nectar, and club soda.

5. Can I make the nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prep the ingredients for the nachos ahead of time, but it's best to assemble and bake them right before serving for optimal freshness and crunchiness. You can also make the jerk chicken ahead of time and reheat it before adding it to the nachos.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
bknowles67
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
HockeyLover