1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cran-Raspberry Fizz

1. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Okay, I was thinking about making this tonight for company. I've never made it but have heard good things. I'm making Jerk Chicken Nachos and usually I serve margaritas or beer with this, but my friend is undergoing cancer treatment and can't have alcohol, so I thought I'd try something different. Do you think it would go with the nachos or should I make the lemon fizz version? And if I can't find sorbet, is sherbet close enough, or are they totally different? Any tips or experience (I know, they're not that complicated, just need to know details on things)... TIA!!!

Oct 22, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I would think the lemon version would go better with the nachos. A bit more of a nod to the margaritas you can't have.

As for the sorbet vs. sherbert thing, I Googled it, and this came up:

Based on that, I think sherbet might give the drink a funky consistency. If you can't find sorbet though, you can make your own:

Lemon Sorbet Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

It doesn't look too hard, but I don't know if you'd have the time if you need it tonight.

Oct 22, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

the Cran-Raspberry Fizz is MUCH better than the Lemon-Lime! I've done it twice as a taste test...

Once, at a large cluster meeting - the Cran-Rasp. won hands down...

And then again at my own Host Appreciation show, and again the Cran-Rasp won hands down.
    This stuff is sooo good! People LOVE it at shows!
    I've made it to go with just about everything, including the Nachos.

Meijers has Raspberry Sorbet - They even have Meijer's Brand Raspberry Sorbet. You want to use sorbet, not sherbet. It's fruitier that way. :D Sherbet is a dairy product.

Oct 22, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

thank you ladies! I appreciate the input... I was thinking there was probably a difference, but needed to see it. Maybe I'll get stuff for both and do a taste test. Thanks again!

Oct 22, 2009
  5. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

The Cran Rasp Fizz wins hands down, I've made it dozens of times & is ALWAYS a hit, even with kids, and it makes a full gallon. The Lemon one is barely half & kind of a pain to make & the taste is so so...

Oct 22, 2009
  6. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

If you absolutely can't find the sorbet, sherbet will work, it will just make the drink cloudy, and not quite as fruity. Still good, though. (And significantly less expensive than the sorbet.)

Oct 22, 2009
  7. ChefBeckyD

The Meijer's brand sorbet isn't as expensive, though. Way less than buying Hagen Daz!

Oct 22, 2009
  8. Pedey

Pedey Member

We had it at a show a few days ago & the host had bought sherbet. It was still delicious!!

Oct 22, 2009
  9. ChefPaulaB

Well after going to the grocery store (didn't have time to make it to meijers) I decided to just stick with the Cran-Raspberry because I didn't want to have to buy 2 different kinds of sorbet! :eek: $4.25 for a pint! :cry: I'm hoping not to like it too much! anyway, thanks! I'll let you know how it goes over!

Oct 22, 2009
  10. ChefBeckyD

FYI, if you do like it - Meijers Sorbet is $2.99 a pint...and watch for it on sale! Usually when the Meijer brand frozen foods and desserts are on sale, the sorbet is 2 for $5.

Oct 22, 2009
  11. ChefPaulaB

Awesome, good to know, I'll keep my eye open for that! Thanks!

Oct 22, 2009
  12. Ginger428

Also all I drink is diet soda (don't bash me!!! ;) ) and instead of plain Ginger Ale, I use Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale....:D

Oct 22, 2009
  13. ChefBeckyD

Mmmm - I bet Cranberry Ginger Ale would make it even better. Hard to imagine though, I love that stuff!

I'm always disappointed at shows when I make it, and it's all gone before I can grab a small glass of it!:eek:

Oct 22, 2009
  14. ChefPaulaB

I saw a Cranberry Lemon-Lime soda at the store and wondered if that would be good, but decided to go with original Ginger ale for the first time... It was good, she liked it, but was pretty sure that it'd be better with a little vodka or something in it. I told her after she's all better I'd make her a vodka version...

Oct 22, 2009
  15. Ginger428

its also great with wine or champagne!!

Oct 22, 2009
  16. ChefPaulaB

Oh, yeah, that would be good! Will have to try that.... ooh, I have a bottle of cranberry wine that I bought from a local winery that would probably be really good in it! Guess I know what I'm doing with the leftovers tonight!

Oct 23, 2009
  17. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if anyone has made the Cran Raspberry Fizz with Alcohol? I was thinking about making a regular version and another one with vodka for my Tasting Show this weekend. I'm having firend over to test out new recipes for the Fall.

Thanks!

Aug 26, 2010
  18. Ginger428

Yes! Its Great but leave it separate. Add as you serve.... :D

Aug 26, 2010
  19. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

What type and how do you leave it separate? I was thinking about making two batches one with and one without - I have 2 QSP.

Aug 27, 2010
Have something to add?