• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for Substitute Fruits for a Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for a Cran-Raspberry Fizz drink from The Pampered Chef ®. One person asks for the recipe to be posted, while another person suggests using different fruits and shares that the recipe can also be found on Consultant's Corner. The recipe calls for limes, cranberry juice concentrate, water, raspberry sorbet, and ginger ale, and can be modified with flavored vodka. It also includes tips for garnishing the glasses.
dns2202
Can someone post this recipe? I can't find my SB.

What other fruits could you use for this?? Thanks!

Just an FYI- the current and past couple SBRC's are on Consultant's Corner for download and email.

The Pampered Chef ®
Cran-Raspberry Fizz
Recipe

4 limes, divided
1 can (12 ounces) frozen cranberry juice concentrate
3 cups cold water
1 pint raspberry sorbet, softened
2 liters (8 cups) chilled ginger ale

Slice two of the limes using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade; set aside. Pour cranberry juice concentrate and water into Family-Size Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

Juice remaining limes into pitcher using Citrus Press. Scoop sorbet into pitcher using Ice Cream Dipper; plunge to combine. Add ginger ale and lime slices. Plunge gently until well mixed. Serve over ice.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light: Calories 130, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 2 cups flavored vodka such as raspberry, cranberry, currant, citrus or lime can be added to this recipe.

To garnish rims of glasses, zest one lime using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. Combine lime zest and 1/2 cup sugar in Prep Bowl. Place a small amount of sugar mixture onto Simple Additions® Appetizer Plate. Rub rim of glass with lime wedge to moisten. Dip rim of glass into sugar mixture.

For a simple garnish, using Zester/Scorer, score a lemon and zest a lime; thinly slice using Ultimate Mandoline. Make a cut to the center of each lemon and lime slice using Petite Paring Knife. Garnish each glass with one lemon slice and one lime slice.

Variation: Lemon-Lime Fizz: Substitute frozen limeade concentrate for the cranberry juice concentrate, lemon-lime soda for the ginger ale and lemon sorbet for the raspberry sorbet.

I thought I could look it up there. I looked before I posted. Then I looked after you told me where and I found it. Thanks Ann!

What are some common substitute fruits for a recipe?

Some commonly used substitute fruits for a recipe include apples, pears, bananas, peaches, and berries. These fruits are versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes.

How do I choose the right substitute fruit for a recipe?

When choosing a substitute fruit, consider the texture, flavor, and sweetness of the original fruit in the recipe. You want to choose a fruit that will complement the other ingredients and maintain the overall flavor profile of the dish.

Can I use frozen fruit as a substitute for fresh fruit in a recipe?

Yes, frozen fruit can be used as a substitute for fresh fruit in a recipe. Just make sure to thaw the fruit before using it in the dish. Keep in mind that frozen fruit may have a slightly different texture and may release more liquid when cooked.

Are there any fruits that should not be used as substitutes?

While most fruits can be used as substitutes, some may not work well in certain recipes. For example, citrus fruits may not be a good substitute for apples in a pie, as they have a different texture and flavor. It's always best to stick to fruits that are similar in texture and flavor to the original fruit in the recipe.

Can I mix different types of fruits as substitutes in a recipe?

Yes, you can mix different types of fruits as substitutes in a recipe. This can add a unique flavor and texture to the dish. Just make sure the fruits you choose are compatible with each other and will work well with the other ingredients in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deb V
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • kreaser
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies