• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Crafts at Craft Shows: Veteran Entrepreneurs Unite!

You are correct, if you are not selling product from your booth the entry fee is generally less expensive. If you will be selling, you need to disclose this on the application.
Buffanie
Craft Shows? All veterans help!I'm still so new to this...Are we allowed to sell products at craft shows? Where are we not allowed to sell our products?

Thanks for your quick as always responses!

PC Love-

Steph

Last edited:
Buffanie said:
I'm still so new to this...Are we allowed to sell products at craft shows? Where are we not allowed to sell our products?

No, you may not sell products at the craft show, but you MAY take ORDERS as you would for a catalog show.

I was told by my director that I could sell anything I wanted at craft sales if I wanted to buy the inventory. She told me to stock small things like the cook books, bamboo tongs, spices, ect. People like to have small things to buy at craft sales. Maybe this is only a Canada thing that we are able to do. I even listened to a CD from PC about fairs and craft shows and in there also tells you to have small items on hand for your inventory to sell.

I am pretty sure that I read in Recipe for Success that you could sell inventory and buy the stuff in bulk. I think it was like you could buy things from PC for just that reason but you had to purchase at least 6 of each item. I can't go looking for it right now (I'm trying to finish my August newsletter! :p ) but please correct me if I'm wrong!

PampMomof3 said:
I am pretty sure that I read in Recipe for Success that you could sell inventory and buy the stuff in bulk. I think it was like you could buy things from PC for just that reason but you had to purchase at least 6 of each item. I can't go looking for it right now (I'm trying to finish my August newsletter! :p ) but please correct me if I'm wrong!

The Pampered Chef discourages having an inventory of products however you may choose to carry inventory when exhibiting at a fair or other special purposes. Personal inventory orders must be placed separately from any other orders.

1. Use a sales receipt and write "Personal Inventory Order" at the top. (or submit a personal inventory order in PP)
You must order at lleast 6 of an item.
2. Follow steps for "Personal Orders".
3. Because you will be reselling the items calculate the appropriate sales tax on the total of the retail order before the discount.
4. Determine shipping charges from the individual shipping schedule on the back of the sales receipt.

Also note:
a. No commission will be paid on personal inventory purchases.
b. Merchandise is nonrefundable, except upon termination of the Kitchen Consultant Agreement. See agreement for details.

The above was quoted from our Recipe for Success under Policies and Procedures - Personal Inventory.

Festivals/Fairs I have attendedThe events I have participated in have different classes of vendors usually. If you are not selling product from your booth, the entry fee is generally less expensive. If you will be selling you need to disclose this on the application.

Just an FYI of my experience.

What types of crafts sell best at craft shows?

The best-selling crafts at craft shows tend to be unique, handcrafted items such as jewelry, home decor, and personal accessories. These types of items are often one-of-a-kind and appeal to a wide range of customers.

How can I stand out among other vendors at a craft show?

To stand out at a craft show, it's important to have eye-catching displays, high-quality products, and excellent customer service. You can also consider offering special promotions or discounts to attract more customers to your booth.

What is the best way to price my crafts at a craft show?

Pricing your crafts can be tricky, but it's important to find a balance between covering your costs and making a profit. Research the prices of similar items at other craft shows and consider your materials, time, and labor when setting your prices.

Do I need a business license to sell at craft shows?

This may vary depending on your location, so it's best to check with your local government or craft show organizers. In some cases, you may need a business license or temporary sales permit to sell at a craft show.

How can I market my crafts before a craft show?

Marketing your crafts before a craft show is crucial for attracting customers to your booth. Utilize social media platforms, create eye-catching flyers or posters, and reach out to friends and family to spread the word about your upcoming craft show appearance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DandyG03
  • Jules711