• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Show Preparation: Shipping Tips for a Successful Event

In summary, the conversation revolved around a consultant's upcoming craft show and the dilemma of whether to offer direct shipping or personally deliver products to customers. Some consultants prefer the personal touch of delivering products while others opt for the convenience of direct shipping, even offering it as a special promotion. The conversation also touched on different strategies for handling deliveries at events, such as setting up a pick-up location or having the orders delivered to a central location. Ultimately, it was up to each individual consultant to decide what worked best for their business and customers.
Jillb
Gold Member
Wow - I just got an free table at a local craft show for tommarow!!! I am having a cooking show tonight that I must close tonight and send in tonight (today is my 30th day and I want that extra pc dollards)!! so I am racing around triing to get stuff togeather!!

Ok here is my biggest question - Shipping do I make everone who orders have the items shipped to them or just call and have everyone meet me for pick-up or drive around and deliver?

Please advise!!!!

It's totally up to you. If I do a show that is local, I will deliver it. If it's a show that is some distance from me, I charge them direct shipping.

Krista, I do the same as you. As long as I feel comfortable that I'll get $150 or more, they get the local shipping--but if someone purchases and they don't live close by, they need to pay for shipping directly to their house. Jill, Happy 30th day!! It seems like you are doing very well with bookings, etc. Congratulations and welcome to PC!!!

I charge everyone the $4.25 shipping and cover the extra to have it shipped direct to them.

Usually, the special that I run for Craft/Vendor shows is Show shipping price for direct shipping. I HATE making deliveries - it's one of the reasons why I love PC - I don't have to deliver. It's worth the expense to me to not have to deliver everyone's product. I just put the extra $ in as a consultant gift, and write it off at the end of the year. :)

I have the items shipped to me if they live in my area. I like having that extra connection with the person when I deliver their products. I have some to deliver tomorrow that I'm going to check with them to see if they want to book a show.

I did a big event a good distance away and I had it shipped direct. I am doing a local show tomorrow and will probably deliver, that way I can make sure I give the best service I can. I am also building my business. 90 days on the 19th

I ask them if they would like it shipped directly to their house....they always say yes. Then I just add it up and tell them the total. I have an event tomorrow. Guess I should get my stuff organized! LOL. :)

One time I just called everyone when their stuff arrived and told them that I'd be at the local BK between 5 and 7 pm for them to pick up their stuff. It was a playland, so my kids played while I waited for people to pick up their stuff, there were only a couple people that couldn't make it and we worked that out. But they were all local, I wouldn't try that if they weren't local...

I have been struggling with this same issue for an event I have tonight.

I was thinking about paying the difference on the ship direct, however, there are going to be 200 women there with at least $25 to spend and only 15 vendors. I don't know if I could cover the cost difference right now. However, I don't really have the time to be running around and making deliveries. hmm.....I better make up my mind soon, as I leave in 45 minutes. :)

I give "free local shipping" as a gift at booths! I had $180 in orders at my last booth and most of those were 1 or two items of $15 or less! They bought because I gave "FREE SHIPPING"! All I did was put all orders under a single person but gave them individual receipts. I also had one lady buy the new Professional Shears who was in visiting relatives from FL. I gave her $4.25 discount and shipped to her. That was orders I probably would not have had if I hadn't done that. I am doing a Stop N Shop at an elementary school tomorrow. To encourage parents/ community to shop, they have all the sorted orders delivered from each vendor to the school, then the PTO sets up a time where everyone picks up their stuff from all the vendors they shopped from. It works out really well since people like the idea of not having to run around and find all the people they purchased from. We pay $10 + 10% of our total sales! I am looking forward to a very productive day!

pcchefjane said:
I give "free local shipping" as a gift at booths! I had $180 in orders at my last booth and most of those were 1 or two items of $15 or less! They bought because I gave "FREE SHIPPING"! All I did was put all orders under a single person but gave them individual receipts.

How did you give them individual receipts if you put the orders in under one person?
Also - how did you handle payment? Cash, cheque, cc??

I'm guessing you could give people individual (hand written) receipts, and then enter everything in P3 under one name. You'd have to deliver the items, and it might cause an issue with the warranty, though...I think.
(so, my "guess" answer is really a bump!)

1. How do I pay for shipping at a craft show?

At a craft show, you can pay for shipping with cash, credit card, or check. We also accept payment through popular digital payment platforms like PayPal and Venmo.

2. Can I have my purchase shipped directly to my home?

Yes, we offer direct shipping to your home for all purchases made at our craft shows. Simply provide us with your shipping address and payment for shipping, and we will take care of the rest.

3. What are the shipping rates for craft show purchases?

Our shipping rates vary depending on the size and weight of your purchase, as well as the distance it needs to be shipped. We strive to offer competitive rates and always aim to provide the most cost-effective shipping options for our customers.

4. Do you offer international shipping for craft show purchases?

Unfortunately, we currently do not offer international shipping for craft show purchases. However, we are constantly expanding our shipping capabilities and hope to offer this service in the future.

5. Can I track my shipped craft show purchase?

Yes, we provide tracking information for all shipped craft show purchases. Once your purchase has been shipped, we will provide you with a tracking number and instructions on how to track your shipment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jbachen
  • Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jessica Miller
  • pamperedchef88