• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some easy and creative recipe ideas for a craft show booth?

In summary, the recipe for the spritz cookies is as follows: combine white cake mix and melted butter, press dough onto ungreased baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
ChefJtyle494
I have a booth in a craft show next saturday. I need a finger food/sampling recipe that people can try as they walk past my booth. I want something attractive and maybe a little different so that it will draw them to me. Anyone who has ever been to a Pampered Chef party is familiar with the rings, wreaths, cookies on a stone, etc.

Also, I need something that won't need to be heated or kept cold... there are outlets but there is no guarentee that I will be able to get one. There is the possibility that I could take a cooler but I am 7 months pregnant and would have to carry it alone so it would need to be a small one. I will be there from 8 am until 5 and I am drawing a blank on what would keep for that long! Any suggestions?

Jessica

Perhaps the Truffles?In this season's SS?

Just a thought...

Sandy

I can't really help with this one...not yet anyway..but congratulations on your pregnancy!! I am having twins and I'm 6 months so i'm right there with you! let us know what you decided on and keep us updated on how it goes!

Well since it is a craft fair are you thinking of putting some things out that are 'crafty' made with some of the PC stuff?? Like the email I got the other day that said to use the apple corer and put a candle in the hole, use the kids knife to do the pumpkin, or something off consultant's corner under showstoppers would be good... or how about the cinnamon-scented heart mold the recipe that comes with the mold...I personally don't suggest the 'stained glass confections in the heart mold I had a terrible time with them, it seemed to come right out of the professional cookware, just not the mold, wasn't very happy was trying to do them for teacher's gifts at the end of the year...You could make the chocolate bowl and put the chocolate truffles in them....
Just some ideas I think it might catch their eye a little more if it was in a 'crafty' way.

What is the recipe for the cinnamon scented heart mold?

dawn424383 said:
What is the recipe for the cinnamon scented heart mold?
:eek: whew, I didn't think I was going to find it...

1 1/2 cups ground cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1/3 cup white school glue

Mix ingredients in Classic BB, remove from BB; knead mixture until firm and clay-like. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Sprinkle mold lightly with cinnamon; invert and tap sides to remove excess cinnamon. Firmly press a portion of dough into mold. If dough is sticky, lightly sprinkle hands with cinnamon.

I found another one on the use and care card
Tissue Paper Decorations

2 Sheets Tissue Paper (20x26 inches each)
1 1/4 cups water
Additional tissue paper

Assemble ingredients prior to recipe preperation
Preheat oven to 200. Crumble tissue paper. Place tissue in blender container; carefuly push down close to blade. Add water. Cover and blend 15-20 seconds. Place blended paper in colander; squeeze excess water out with hands or spatula. Firmly press paper evenly into mold. Use an additional piece of crumbled tissue paper to blot any excess water from paper in mold. Bake 2 1/2-3 hours or until paper is completely dry. Do not bake too long or edges will curl and turn brown. Remove paper decoration from mold. Paint with water colors or acrylic paints or decorate ad desired.

Spritz CookiesI always do spritz cookies for events like this. I know you mentioned people are familiar with cookies on a stone, but you can show off the S.A., cookie press, etc. I make different varieties: plain, mint, chocolate spice. For the mint I use green food coloring, use the Christmas tree disc, and drizzle with chocolate when finished. They are really pretty. Then I stack the S.A. to make tiers, and put the cookies on there. You can make a lot of cookies quickly, and being 7 months pregnant, you won't have to be on your feet for long!

Here's the no fail recipe I use:

Basic Butter Recipe
1lb. (4 sticks) butter, divided
1 pkg. (18.25 oz) white cake mix
2 ¾ cups (11oz) all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 Deg. F. In small bowl, microwave 2 sticks of butter on high, 1 minute or until melted. Slice remaining butter into ½ inch pieces; add to melted butter tossing to coat. Allow butter to stand 3-5 minutes or until softened. If necessary, return butter to microwave for 10-20 seconds or until creamy and pourable. Do not melt completely. ****This is the key to making the cookies press out correctly****.

Measure flour, add cake mix, and blend to break any lumps. Whisk butter until smooth and free of lumps. Pour butter all at once into dry ingredients, thoroughly scrape butter from bowl. With mixing spoon, mix until dry ingredients are incorporated and dough is smooth.

Fill Cookie Press and press cookies onto baking stone or parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes. Cool 3 minutes on baking stone, then remove to cooling rack. Makes approximately 8 dozen cookies.

Flavor Variations: Use Devils Food Cake Mix instead of White Cake Mix. Or add a few drops of mint extract and green food coloring and use the Christmas tree disk. Or use a yellow cake mix and add a tablespoon of the Cinnamon Plus Spice blend to make a great spice cookie.

Good luck!
Diane

I make the cinnamon scented items also but instead of using the mold I cut out shapes using the creative cutters. Poke a hole at the top with a straw while the dough is still wet. When completely dry string a ribbon through the hole and you have an ornament for the tree! OR I don't poke a hole and mix them in with a package of dry potporrie(sp?). Looks very cute and smells great. It's a fun kids project.

Lee Anne Brock

What is a "Craft Show Recipe"?

A "Craft Show Recipe" is a recipe that has been specifically chosen and tested to be a hit at craft shows. These recipes are typically easy to make, visually appealing, and perfect for sampling and selling at events.

Do I need to be a consultant to access "Craft Show Recipes"?

No, "Craft Show Recipes" are available to all Pampered Chef customers. They can be found on our website or through your consultant.

Can I modify "Craft Show Recipes" to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, our "Craft Show Recipes" can be modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. We offer a variety of recipes that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can also substitute ingredients to fit your specific needs.

How can I make my "Craft Show Recipe" stand out at a craft show?

To make your "Craft Show Recipe" stand out, we recommend using our Pampered Chef kitchen tools to create unique and visually appealing presentations. You can also offer samples and use our customizable recipe cards to share the recipe with potential customers.

Are there any tips for selling "Craft Show Recipes" at a craft show?

Yes, we recommend setting up a visually appealing display using our kitchen tools and cookware. Offering samples and providing recipe cards with the purchase of the product can also help increase sales. It's also important to engage with customers and share the story behind the recipe to make a personal connection and encourage sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • sarahjmpc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sjackson
  • missyciccolella