• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious & Affordable Mug Cake Kits at the Craft Fair - $5 Only!

In summary, the consultant has a craft/vendor fair this weekend and plans to sell a single serving cake made with cake mix and yogurt. They are considering offering a set of one-cup prep bowls, petite bamboo spoons, and a cake mix for $5. However, they may also offer prepackaged snack bags of the mix with instructions for customers to make at home. They also have the option to offer a discount for customers who purchase multiple sets.
SherryLynn
Gold Member
I have a craft/vendor fair this weekend. I found a recipe online for a single serving cake using cake mix and yogurt. I'm going to try it tonight with chocolate cake and cherry yogurt. If it works out, what do you think about a one-cup prep bowl, a petite bamboo spoon and a cake mix for $5.

If someone bought a set of the one-cup bowls and a the spoons, it would cost $30 (plus shipping). I think I can get cake mix on sale for $1. At a supply order price it costs me $18 for the same products - which I have at home for host gifts. I would make $1 profit per set if I sold all of them.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

The only problem with that is they'd have only 1 of the prep bowls & a whole thing of cake mix leaving them to make 1 at a time. I like the idea, but as a customer, I wouldn't buy it if it was going to cause me more frustration.

So I should probably just do a couple snack bags of the mix already ready for them with instructions on how to do it themselves in the future? They just need to add yogurt and microwave for a minute.

SherryLynn said:
So I should probably just do a couple snack bags of the mix already ready for them with instructions on how to do it themselves in the future? They just need to add yogurt and microwave for a minute.
The only problem with that is, depending on the health codes in your state, you might not be able to legally sell an opened and repackaged food product.

I love your idea of using the single serving cake recipe for your craft/vendor fair! It's a great way to showcase the versatility of our products and offer a tasty treat to potential customers. The combination of chocolate cake and cherry yogurt sounds delicious.As for your proposed price of $5 for a set of one-cup prep bowls, petite bamboo spoons, and a cake mix, I think it's a fair and attractive price point. It's also great that you have the products on hand for host gifts, making it even more convenient for you to offer them to customers.However, I would suggest considering offering a discount for customers who purchase multiple sets. For example, you could offer a special price of $25 for two sets, or $40 for four sets. This way, customers will feel like they are getting a better deal and you will still make a profit.Overall, I think this is a great opportunity to showcase our products and make some profit at the same time. Good luck at your craft/vendor fair and I hope your single serving cake is a hit! Don't forget to share your success with us on our consultant community page.Best regards,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What ingredients are needed for the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake?

The "Craft Fair" Mug Cake requires 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of oil, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of sprinkles.

Can I use a different type of flour for the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake?

Yes, you can substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

How long does it take to make the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake?

The "Craft Fair" Mug Cake takes about 2-3 minutes to prepare and 1 minute to cook in the microwave.

Can I add other mix-ins to the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake?

Yes, you can add chocolate chips, nuts, or even a spoonful of Nutella to the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake for extra flavor and texture.

Can I make the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake ahead of time?

No, the "Craft Fair" Mug Cake is best enjoyed fresh and warm from the microwave. It is not recommended to make it ahead of time as the texture may become dry and rubbery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jenne
  • jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • speedychef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies