• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booths Craft Fair "mug cake"

SherryLynn

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2013
I have a craft/vendor fair this weekend. I found a recipe online for a single serving cake using cake mix and yogurt. I'm going to try it tonight with chocolate cake and cherry yogurt. If it works out, what do you think about a one-cup prep bowl, a petite bamboo spoon and a cake mix for $5.

If someone bought a set of the one-cup bowls and a the spoons, it would cost $30 (plus shipping). I think I can get cake mix on sale for $1. At a supply order price it costs me $18 for the same products - which I have at home for host gifts. I would make $1 profit per set if I sold all of them.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2013
The only problem with that is they'd have only 1 of the prep bowls & a whole thing of cake mix leaving them to make 1 at a time. I like the idea, but as a customer, I wouldn't buy it if it was going to cause me more frustration.

SherryLynn

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2013
So I should probably just do a couple snack bags of the mix already ready for them with instructions on how to do it themselves in the future? They just need to add yogurt and microwave for a minute.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
So I should probably just do a couple snack bags of the mix already ready for them with instructions on how to do it themselves in the future? They just need to add yogurt and microwave for a minute.

The only problem with that is, depending on the health codes in your state, you might not be able to legally sell an opened and repackaged food product.