• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fairs: Bought Candy or Homemade Goodies?

In summary, the PC consultant is bringing in a recruit and will have bathroom breaks. She is going to provide the PC products for display, the table, etc.
samcmills
Another PC consultant has asked me to help her with a local craft fair, she is going to need bathroom breaks so wants help and will split the leads. She is also bringing in a recruit of hers. She is going to provide the PC products for display, the table, etc. She said all I have to do is be there with some catalogs. I asked her what kind of food she is going to prepare for display and she said she just puts hershey kisses in the SA in the three tiered stand. I think it would do better to have something homemade, the brownies, puffs or some cookies.

So got me to wondering, what do you ladies and gentleman do for local craft fairs, bought candy or homemade goodies?

for me it depends on the season. we had a fair the day after christmas and that whole weekend, so TONS of people showed up. i had candy in the SA pieces because i knew i would runout of samples. if its a big fair i would try that. if its a smaller one then samples would be good. i think the puffs or the 3 step fudge would do good, cookies, small things that could go in cupcake holders or small cups. HTH!!

Some fairs don't allow food or the require a special permit which you have to pay extra for. i've come across this mostly for county fairs that are pretty big, so smaller booth opportunities may not care. You should check with the coordinator of the event just to be sure.

I'm doing a community fair on Saturday and they don't allow food without a permit. I have no desire to go THAT route, so it's just kisses in the SA 3 tier for me!

I agree. Most festival and fairs require a food permit because most states/counties have health code regulations regarding where and how the food was prepared.

I have done granny smith apples on the APCS - kids love this! Also, bread slices for cut and seal demo, only - not eating.

It's best however to stick with candy or pretzels and the like in SA.

how about doing the potato demo? i did that one month...had a handful of potatos and if someone wanted to know how to use a tool (the crinkle cutter was the most often asked about) i just grabbed a potato and showed them. the a/p/c/s is another good option!!

1. Can I sell store-bought candy at craft fairs?

Yes, you can sell store-bought candy at craft fairs. However, it is important to check with the event organizer beforehand to make sure they allow it. Some craft fairs have specific guidelines for what can and cannot be sold.

2. Do I need a permit to sell homemade goodies at craft fairs?

It depends on your local laws and regulations. In some areas, a permit may be required to sell homemade food items at craft fairs. It is best to check with your local health department to determine if a permit is needed.

3. How should I package my homemade goodies for sale?

It is important to have visually appealing packaging for your homemade goodies. Consider using clear plastic bags, mason jars, or small boxes decorated with ribbons or labels. Make sure to label all ingredients and include any allergen information.

4. Can I offer samples of my homemade goodies at craft fairs?

Yes, offering samples is a great way to entice customers to try your homemade goodies. However, make sure to have proper food handling and hygiene practices in place, such as using gloves and providing toothpicks for sampling.

5. How do I price my homemade goodies at craft fairs?

Pricing can vary depending on the type of homemade goodies you are selling and the ingredients used. It is important to consider the cost of ingredients, packaging, and your time when determining the price. Researching similar items at other craft fairs can also give you an idea of what a fair price would be.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefann