• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cradle Cap How Do I Get Rid of It?

In summary, anyone have a cure for cradle cap. My 2 yo and 6 month old both have it - but different types. I shampoo with baby shampoo and scrib a bit with a baby toothbrush but it is not really working. Anyone have any advice? TIA
Maragib
Anyone have a cure for cradle cap. My 2 yo and 6 month old both have it - but different types. I shampoo with baby shampoo and scrib a bit with a baby toothbrush but it is not really working. Anyone have any advice? TIA
Mara

There is an excellent cream called VANICREAM. My daughter uses it on her son who also suffers from mild allergic eczema. The "old" remedy was to use baby oil and rub a small amount to the affected area.
Hope this helps!

I remember just scraping it with a baby comb. I tried T-fal by Neutrogena, but I can't justify the price on how good it did. Baby oil and scraping it should work.

I would put baby oil on his head about 15-20 min before I would give him his bath and scrub is head real good.

Lisa

All my kids had it really bad. The dr.'s never gave me a tried and true great remedy. What seemed to work best for me was to get their head wet and put the baby shampoo on right away. Then let it sit for a while. Let them play, whatever. Then after about 10-15 min. I'd start scrubbing with a comb and then comb it through. I did hear that dandruff shampoo is okay to use also, but that I did as a last resort and was super paranoid about it getting in their eyes. It worked, but I don't really think it was that much better than the other method. Eventually, they kind of phased out of having the cradle cap.

my 2 year old had cradle cap very bad up until about the age of 1. I used a product made specifically for cradle cap that I bought in the baby section; I don't remember the name of it, but I know it had winnie the pooh on the bottle. not too expensive and it worked; she hasn't had a problem since.

Both my babies had when they were a few months old. My doctor said to use head and shoulders. I would lay them on a couple of old towels on the counter by the sink (with their head over the sink in one of my hands) and wash their head with the head and shoulders just being really careful. They hated it and would scream (most babies don't like water on their heads), but it worked.

pchefjaneen said:
my 2 year old had cradle cap very bad up until about the age of 1. I used a product made specifically for cradle cap that I bought in the baby section; I don't remember the name of it, but I know it had winnie the pooh on the bottle. not too expensive and it worked; she hasn't had a problem since.

This was the same stuff I used....(although I can't remember the name either!) I just remember that it was a greenish bottle.....
Jen

for my nephew we used melaleuca oil...but you can buy teatree oil at WalMart. After washing their head/hair mix it with water and rub it on their head...or put it on a cotton ball and rub it on there head.

I used the disney stuff when Daughter was tiny now she is 18 months and I go back and forth from Aveeno baby essential moisture and Head and Shoulders.

I did what Amanda did, just used baby shampoo let it sit for awhile then washed. Worked wonders for our DD

Here's a link to the winnie one

http://www.gentlenaturals.com/products/cradle_cap.cfm

What is cradle cap?

Cradle cap, also known as infantile seborrheic dermatitis, is a common skin condition that affects infants. It is characterized by crusty, greasy, yellow or brown scales on the scalp.

What causes cradle cap?

The exact cause of cradle cap is unknown, but it is believed to be caused by an overproduction of oil glands in the skin, which can lead to the buildup of dead skin cells and bacteria.

How do I know if my baby has cradle cap?

Babies with cradle cap typically have scaly, crusty patches on their scalp, often accompanied by redness and inflammation. They may also experience hair loss in the affected areas.

How can I get rid of cradle cap?

Mild cases of cradle cap can be treated with regular gentle washing and brushing of the scalp. For more severe cases, using a gentle baby shampoo and massaging a small amount of mineral oil onto the scalp can help loosen and remove the scales. In some cases, a medicated shampoo or cream may be recommended by a pediatrician.

Is cradle cap harmful to my baby?

Cradle cap is not harmful and does not cause any discomfort or itching for babies. It is a common and temporary condition that usually resolves on its own within a few months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • smspamperedchef