• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cradle Cap how do I get rid of it?

Maragib

Mar 23, 2009
Anyone have a cure for cradle cap. My 2 yo and 6 month old both have it - but different types. I shampoo with baby shampoo and scrib a bit with a baby toothbrush but it is not really working. Anyone have any advice? TIA
Mara

otisbg

Advanced Member
Gold Member
May 5, 2008
There is an excellent cream called VANICREAM. My daughter uses it on her son who also suffers from mild allergic eczema. The "old" remedy was to use baby oil and rub a small amount to the affected area.
Hope this helps!

robbiesmom123

Oct 30, 2008
I remember just scraping it with a baby comb. I tried T-fal by Neutrogena, but I can't justify the price on how good it did. Baby oil and scraping it should work.

lcucinella

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2007
I would put baby oil on his head about 15-20 min before I would give him his bath and scrub is head real good.

Lisa

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
All my kids had it really bad. The dr.'s never gave me a tried and true great remedy. What seemed to work best for me was to get their head wet and put the baby shampoo on right away. Then let it sit for a while. Let them play, whatever. Then after about 10-15 min. I'd start scrubbing with a comb and then comb it through. I did hear that dandruff shampoo is okay to use also, but that I did as a last resort and was super paranoid about it getting in their eyes. It worked, but I don't really think it was that much better than the other method. Eventually, they kind of phased out of having the cradle cap.

pchefjaneen

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2009
my 2 year old had cradle cap very bad up until about the age of 1. I used a product made specifically for cradle cap that I bought in the baby section; I don't remember the name of it, but I know it had winnie the pooh on the bottle. not too expensive and it worked; she hasn't had a problem since.

BlessedWifeMommy

Veteran Member
Oct 15, 2008
Both my babies had when they were a few months old. My doctor said to use head and shoulders. I would lay them on a couple of old towels on the counter by the sink (with their head over the sink in one of my hands) and wash their head with the head and shoulders just being really careful. They hated it and would scream (most babies don't like water on their heads), but it worked.

jross93

Feb 9, 2009
my 2 year old had cradle cap very bad up until about the age of 1. I used a product made specifically for cradle cap that I bought in the baby section; I don't remember the name of it, but I know it had winnie the pooh on the bottle. not too expensive and it worked; she hasn't had a problem since.

This was the same stuff I used....(although I can't remember the name either!) I just remember that it was a greenish bottle.....
Jen

Shawnna

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2005
for my nephew we used melaleuca oil...but you can buy teatree oil at WalMart. After washing their head/hair mix it with water and rub it on their head...or put it on a cotton ball and rub it on there head.

JDooley

Dec 15, 2008
I used the disney stuff when Daughter was tiny now she is 18 months and I go back and forth from Aveeno baby essential moisture and Head and Shoulders.

Jennie4PC

Legacy Member
May 24, 2005
I did what Amanda did, just used baby shampoo let it sit for awhile then washed. Worked wonders for our DD