1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cradle Cap how do I get rid of it?

1. Maragib

Maragib Member

Anyone have a cure for cradle cap. My 2 yo and 6 month old both have it - but different types. I shampoo with baby shampoo and scrib a bit with a baby toothbrush but it is not really working. Anyone have any advice? TIA
    Mara

Jul 15, 2009
  2. otisbg

otisbg Advanced Member Gold Member

There is an excellent cream called VANICREAM. My daughter uses it on her son who also suffers from mild allergic eczema. The "old" remedy was to use baby oil and rub a small amount to the affected area.
    Hope this helps!

Jul 15, 2009
  3. robbiesmom123

robbiesmom123 Member

I remember just scraping it with a baby comb. I tried T-fal by Neutrogena, but I can't justify the price on how good it did. Baby oil and scraping it should work.

Jul 15, 2009
  4. lcucinella

lcucinella Member Gold Member

I would put baby oil on his head about 15-20 min before I would give him his bath and scrub is head real good.

Lisa

Jul 15, 2009
  5. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

All my kids had it really bad. The dr.'s never gave me a tried and true great remedy. What seemed to work best for me was to get their head wet and put the baby shampoo on right away. Then let it sit for a while. Let them play, whatever. Then after about 10-15 min. I'd start scrubbing with a comb and then comb it through. I did hear that dandruff shampoo is okay to use also, but that I did as a last resort and was super paranoid about it getting in their eyes. It worked, but I don't really think it was that much better than the other method. Eventually, they kind of phased out of having the cradle cap.

Jul 15, 2009
  6. pchefjaneen

pchefjaneen Member Gold Member

my 2 year old had cradle cap very bad up until about the age of 1. I used a product made specifically for cradle cap that I bought in the baby section; I don't remember the name of it, but I know it had winnie the pooh on the bottle. not too expensive and it worked; she hasn't had a problem since.

Jul 15, 2009
  7. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Both my babies had when they were a few months old. My doctor said to use head and shoulders. I would lay them on a couple of old towels on the counter by the sink (with their head over the sink in one of my hands) and wash their head with the head and shoulders just being really careful. They hated it and would scream (most babies don't like water on their heads), but it worked.

8. jross93

jross93 Member

This was the same stuff I used....(although I can't remember the name either!) I just remember that it was a greenish bottle.....
    Jen

Jul 15, 2009
  9. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

for my nephew we used melaleuca oil...but you can buy teatree oil at WalMart. After washing their head/hair mix it with water and rub it on their head...or put it on a cotton ball and rub it on there head.

Jul 15, 2009
  10. JDooley

JDooley Member

I used the disney stuff when Daughter was tiny now she is 18 months and I go back and forth from Aveeno baby essential moisture and Head and Shoulders.

Jul 16, 2009
  11. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I did what Amanda did, just used baby shampoo let it sit for awhile then washed. Worked wonders for our DD

Jul 16, 2009
  12. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2009
Have something to add?