• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dental Misery: My Tooth Cracked & Now I'm in Pain!

In summary, Lisai's tooth pain is caused by a hairline crack in her tooth, and she will have an emergency dental procedure tomorrow.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I am in an inordinate amount of pain at the moment... I have been dealing with a tooth situation since May that finally came to a head :(

Back in May I saw my dentist b/c one of my molars was really bugging me- almost like I had a cavity, but nothing was showing on the x-rays. He sent me to the endodontist, who determined that I had a hairline crack in my tooth. He said we can do a root canal or I can have your dentist put a crown on. I wasn't at root canal level then, so went back to my dentist and he opted to remove and replace the existing filling instead.

Well, it's never been 100% since but it's been ok overall. I have very sensitive teeth so I'm used to a little ping every now and again with my teeth... Fast forward to last week, it started to bother me even more. Last night for some crazy reason I decided it would be a good idea to floss- well, I've been in INSANE pain since then, and realized tonight that I now have a FULL ON crack in my tooth :(

Looks like I'll be having an emergency dental procedure tomorrow- I'm kicking myself that I didn't have this taken care of months ago and could have avoided this major pain that is now shooting up my jaw into my ear :cry:

Please be VERY VERY Careful, if you've got swelling along with the Pain, get to the ER NOW!!!!

You can have an infection that is going into the bone.

I had an abcess that I thought, oh I'll wait and see my dentist, well my entire face was swollen, hubby finally convinved me to go to ER, and they took me for tests and bloodwork and determined, that had I waited until morning I would have probably been hospitilized due to infection going through my bloodstream. So please be very careful with this.

Prayers and good thoughts coming your way!!

Hugs,

Lisa

i hope your mouth starts feeling better! tooth pains are never a fun thing to have going on. hopefully it doesn't turn into the infection before you get to your dentist

I feel for you, I have a crack in one of my molars that has been bugging me for a while. I was feeling just a tinge every once and awhile and had my dentist take a look and he said that it is a hairline crack and if the pain became anything more that I was going to need a root canal. Well I now can not chew anything sweet or chewy/sticky on that side because is hurts and I can feel that it is cracked. I am terrified of dental work and have to take a pill to half put me to sleep to have anything done other then a cleaning. I am 8 months pregnant and know that I can't take the pill, so I have been trying to live with it until after the baby. One more month! hope I can make it!

Holy worst week ever!!
gezzz hope you feel better soon! Good luck, let me know if you need a recommendation for someone. My best friend just had some major tooth thing (maybe root canal) about 6 months ago I can find out who he went to if you need. I don't remember the specifics but I remember that he was super happy with the results.We'll put off coffee for a while too. Let me know when you need a break. :/
Good luck!!

God Bless You.. that is very painful. I have had tooth problems in tha past. Take Care and know that relief will be yours in the morning. Just getting throught the night may be rough. Prayers are sent your way!

Hi everyone- thanks for your well wishes and kind words! Called my dentist on his emergency line at 7 am- good thing he's also a bit of a family friend (my mom went to HS with his parents and used to babysit him and his brothers when they were growing up! It's a family practice and I've been seeing his dad and/or him since I was 2 :) ) He was debating back and forth for a few minutes whether or not to see me first or send me straight to the endodontist. He said "If you don't NEED a root canal I don't want to send you over there."I said to him "Greg, not that I wouldn't like to see you and say hello today, but this pain is radiating down my jaw into my ear. I've had root canals before. I've put this off for 5 months, it's time for the root canal!" He agreed after hearing how the pain was spreading that yes, it was definitely time for a root canal.Endodontist was able to get me in at 9 am. I was home and napping by 10:30 and feeling SO MUCH BETTER! Thankfully they were willing to split my portion/co-pay 50/50 so I have another 30 days to save for the next portion due.Root canals are never fun but so much better than the alternative of living with the pain- oh sweet relief!!

1. What are the common causes of a cracked tooth?

There are several potential causes of a cracked tooth, including biting down on a hard object, tooth decay, and injuries or trauma to the mouth. It is also possible for teeth to crack due to weakened enamel, chewing on ice or hard candy, or clenching or grinding the teeth.

2. What are the symptoms of a cracked tooth?

The symptoms of a cracked tooth can vary depending on the severity of the crack, but some common signs include pain when chewing, sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, and a sharp or dull pain in the affected tooth. In some cases, a cracked tooth may also cause swelling or inflammation in the gums near the affected tooth.

3. What should I do if I suspect I have a cracked tooth?

If you suspect you have a cracked tooth, it is important to see a dentist as soon as possible. They will be able to diagnose the issue and determine the best course of treatment. In the meantime, you can take over-the-counter pain medication and avoid chewing on the affected tooth to help alleviate discomfort.

4. Can a cracked tooth be fixed?

Yes, in most cases, a cracked tooth can be fixed with proper dental treatment. The specific treatment will depend on the severity and location of the crack. Options may include dental bonding, a crown, or a root canal. It is important to seek treatment to prevent further damage to the tooth and alleviate pain.

5. How can I prevent a cracked tooth?

To help prevent a cracked tooth, it is important to practice good oral hygiene and avoid chewing on hard objects such as ice or hard candy. If you clench or grind your teeth, wearing a mouthguard at night may also help prevent cracks. Regular dental check-ups can also help identify any potential issues before they become more serious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMomto4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • pamperedtraci