• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can You Politely Decline Avon Products from a Relative?

In summary, I am afraid that my cousin will want me to do a show or something. I don't want to lose customers, but at the same time I don't want to get too deep into the product because I don't wear it often.
JDooley
:yuck:OK I am in a dilemma! My cousin, who has had a party for me and is always sending me order referrals (not for shows just orders), has got involved with Avon. I HATE AVON. For one I don’t wear make-up very often and when I do it is ONLY Mary Kay or Clinique. My new possible recruit is my Mary Kay lady  how convenient is that?!?!?! I am afraid she will want me to do a show or something. I work with ALL men, and do not have any real female friends and I HATE the product…. Anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I really don’t want to lose customers

They always have cute sets, could you consider them as gifts for mother's day, graduates, birthdays and Christmas?

Do you have children? There is pretty much always something in there that kids enjoy. Don't feel as though you need to order all the time. Accept the books when she gives them to you and you may be surprised to find something on occassion that intrigues you!

Both of my kids are too little... 15 months and due in Sept....
I will keep an open mind, really the last time i used anything from them was when I was in High School...maybe things have changed. they do have cheap stuff so maybe a color that i am experimenting with...

JDooley said:
Both of my kids are too little... 15 months and due in Sept....
I will keep an open mind, really the last time i used anything from them was when I was in High School...maybe things have changed. they do have cheap stuff so maybe a color that i am experimenting with...
They have non-skin care stuff for kids, and also for adults. It doesn't have to be makeup/skincare/perfume that you order. Every catalog I've seen has also included jewelry, shoes, clothes, purses, knick knacks, childrens clothes and pajamas, toys, etc....I got my Mom a little Rock Garden with a waterfall one year for Christmas from Avon...and some beach flip flops for my SIL.

Avon doesn't usually do parties, so at worst, she may inundate you with catalogs every 2 weeks. Their moisture therapy hand lotion is actually really good, and Skin So Soft bug guard, I'll be using the one for kids this summer for DS. their shampoo also isn't bad for the price if you buy it when it's on sale.

Their bug guard is the best, and if i recall, chemical free.

Just buy a new lipstick or nailpolish occasionally. Yes, the shampoo is on sale often at a good price.

I love there eyeliner, it is .99 cents and works awesome. They also have this great undereye cream for circles and lines. I have gotten kids stuff too. The Dora buckets for toys, a Dora life size doll, Dora books. Thy have cute breast cancer stuff too.
I have never known a rep to have an in homeparty, I just order from my cousin and neighbor, I alternate. HTH

Yes, I agree...you should only be asked to look at catty's - I don't think they do home shows.

I am the same way you are. I am not a big makeup person - and I only buy Clinique or Mary Kay, too.

But, I do find plenty to get at Avon.

As everyone else is saying - the Shampoo is very reasonable when it is on sale. DH loves it. (Reminds me - I have to go find my co-worker to see if it is on sale.)

I like their Moisture Therapy Hand Cream. I prefer un-scented hand cream and the Oatmeal one is pretty un-scented and nice.

Their foot creams/moisturizers are nice too. You can usually get these on sale.

They have hair brushes and make up brushes. I just bought a nice make-up brush for under $5.

Look for the items on sale to give a try.

I LOVE their Bug -n-sun products especially for the kids! I used it exclusively on my daughter when she was a baby till arround 3years old.

Really like their hand lotion too. I can not do scented and I get VERY dry hands. I really like the purse sizes of lotion.

Ahh! I am having a similiar dilemma. My aunt signed up for Mary Kay on almost the same day I signed up for PC. And now she's like host a party, sell some things and I am thinking um... I have a brand spanking new business to push AND I do not wear makeup ever!! Mary Kay IS makeup. So it's like what do I say. Ugh!! Darn all these selling companies. Except of course PC! :0)

Thank you all for advise on products to order! WAY back when I got the regular SSS oil spray... that WAS the best bug spray out there. looks like they have a line just for bugs now and if it is better than SSS I will be happy. Glad to see I am not the only one in this situation and I am SO happy they dont do home shows that helps a lot!

Piping in late but I agree that if you give a few things in the Avon catalog, you will like it! I was way down on it until one of my preschool students mom started to sell it and I bought something to help her get started. Its come a long way! I still love my Clinique but Avons eye products are awesome - love the "Mistake Proof Mascara" and the eyeliners - and my little granddaughter loves the roll on Princess soap - it looks like roll on deoderant for .99. They have 2 or three of the Princesses and Lightening Mcqueen - I keep them in a basket by the bathtub. Your 15 mo old will love it! The face cleansers/moisturizers are great too and they always have a good sale.

I'm not a huge fan of Avon make-up either. I do like their Glimmersticks eye liner though. One of my BFF's sells it and every now and then I order some things. One thing I do really love of theirs is their "Foot Works" line, it is a complete line of pedicure products and they are very inexpensive and work like a charm!! HTH!!!

JDooley said:
Thank you all for advise on products to order! WAY back when I got the regular SSS oil spray... that WAS the best bug spray out there. looks like they have a line just for bugs now and if it is better than SSS I will be happy. Glad to see I am not the only one in this situation and I am SO happy they dont do home shows that helps a lot!

I strongly Dislike the regular SSS. But I really like the special bug and bug n sun. they have 1 that is a different scent. Cool breeze or something. Much better for me!

1. How does "Cousin Selling Avon" differ from traditional Avon selling?

While traditional Avon selling involves individuals becoming representatives and selling products directly to customers, "Cousin Selling Avon" is a program that allows family members of current Avon representatives to also sell products and earn commissions. This allows for a wider network of sales and potentially more sales for the company.

2. Can anyone become a "Cousin Seller" for Avon?

No, only family members of current Avon representatives who are actively selling products can become "Cousin Sellers". This is to ensure that the program remains within the family and does not become open to the general public.

3. Do "Cousin Sellers" have access to the same products and discounts as traditional Avon representatives?

Yes, "Cousin Sellers" have access to the same products and discounts as traditional Avon representatives. They are also able to purchase products at a discounted price and earn commission on their sales.

4. How do "Cousin Sellers" earn commission?

"Cousin Sellers" earn commission on their sales just like traditional Avon representatives. They can either sell products directly to customers or through online orders. Commission is based on the total sales volume and can range from 20%-50%.

5. Are there any additional benefits for "Cousin Sellers"?

Yes, "Cousin Sellers" are also eligible to earn rewards and incentives through the Avon Rewards program. This can include cash bonuses, free products, and other perks based on their sales performance. They also have the opportunity to attend training and development events to improve their sales skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • JennLizFran
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
mldowney69