• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Couples Show Wine Recipe Ideas

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant seeking help for a couples cooking show with a wine theme. They have a friend interested in co-hosting and are looking for meal ideas that go well with wine. Suggestions for recipes such as Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco and Brie with crackers and fruit are given, along with tips for using wine-themed products like the Dots Wine Glasses and Beaded Cheese Plane and Knife. The consultant is also advised to search for other wine-themed show ideas on the forum.
SaraH5
Hello, I am a new consultant (I just submitted my 4th show today w/in my first 30 days, and made the $1250.00 goal! - I can't wait to get the DCB!! woo hoo!!!) I visit this site daily. Everyone has such fantastic ideas, and is so helpful! I need some help - I have a friend who is interested in co-hosting a couples cooking show with her SIL. We were talking today, and she wanted to cook a meal that would go well with wine. I think it sounded like a good idea but I will be honest although I like to drink wine on occasion, I have absolutely no clue on how to pick a good wine let alone what goes well with a certain recipe. I would like to cook something in the DCB. I have searched threads for ideas, and I found a lot of fun ways to make it interactive, but I'm just not sure on what to fix... Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Congratulations on your great start! You are going to love your DCB! I'm sure you will get some great suggestions about recipes that would work with wine, from others here. I guess my first thought was what kind of wine do your hosts like? If they only like white wines or reds, it is going to be the first thing to limit your choice.

Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco! I think it would be perfect with wine! And it makes a lot and so far everyone I know loves that recipe, it's a great demo! If you wanted to go more for appetizer type demos, anything with cheese, like one of the Brie recipes... Pepper Pecan Brie or something like that... People also say great things about the Greek Cheese Torta, I haven't personally made it but have heard great things... And maybe have the hosts have some cheese and crackers and fruit (grapes)... This sounds like a fun show. It seems to me that there were some other Wine show threads with some great ideas... also if you have the Dots Wine Glasses and the wine bottle opener, dripless pourer/stopper and the drink charms, that would make a great display and you can have them open the wine after the guests arrive using the wine opener (it is awesome and always gets lots of oohs and ahhs) and then use the Dripless Pourer/Stopper to pour the wine and demo how you can lay it on it's side and it won't leak (just make sure that it is closed and in there good and tight). And then you can use the new Beaded Cheese Plane and Beaded Cheese Knife to cut up the cheese or just use for a pretty display with the wine glasses and charms. I wouldn't let anyone actually use the wine glasses, maybe the host if you trust her to be careful.... But definitely search the threads for Wine shows, I remember there being at least one and there were lots of great ideas! Good Luck!!!

Hi there! Congratulations on meeting your goal and earning the DCB, that's fantastic! I'm glad you find this site helpful, it's a great resource for new consultants like yourself. As for your friend's co-hosting idea, that sounds like a lot of fun! Cooking with wine can definitely add a delicious touch to any meal. I would recommend checking out our Pampered Chef recipe collection for some great wine-infused dishes. Some popular options include our White Wine and Herb Chicken and our Red Wine and Mushroom Risotto, both of which can be easily prepared in the DCB. Another fun idea could be to do a wine tasting alongside the cooking show, where you and your guests can sample different wines and discuss which ones pair best with each dish. I hope these ideas help, and I wish you all the best with your upcoming show! Let me know how it goes. Happy cooking!

1. What are some easy appetizers to pair with wine for a couples show?

Some easy appetizer ideas to pair with wine for a couples show include cheese and charcuterie boards, bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms, and crostini with various spreads and toppings.

2. Can you recommend any main course recipes that go well with wine for a couples show?

A few main course recipes that pair well with wine for a couples show are grilled salmon with a lemon butter sauce, rosemary chicken with roasted vegetables, and pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for wine and food pairings at a couples show?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian options for wine and food pairings at a couples show. Some ideas include roasted vegetable tartlets, vegetable lasagna, and a vegetable and cheese quiche.

4. What type of wine should I serve at a couples show?

The type of wine you serve at a couples show will depend on personal preference and the type of food being served. However, some safe options to consider are a light and refreshing white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or a medium-bodied red like Pinot Noir.

5. Can you suggest any dessert ideas to serve with wine at a couples show?

Some delicious dessert ideas to serve with wine at a couples show are chocolate-covered strawberries, a fruit and cheese platter, tiramisu, or a decadent chocolate mousse. These desserts pair well with both red and white wines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
2chefs
  • Chef Meagan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookin to the top
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies