• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mileage for Parties: Commissionable or Deductible?

In summary, the guest gets mileage for travel and PC work. The host gets mileage for food and half price items. Everything else is commissionable.
nikkijo
Mileage for parties do we get paid this on our commission check? Or do we write it off at the end of the year?

I know what a commissionable sale is for the guest. For the host I know that the half price items and host special are not commissionable. Is everything else commissionable after there free products?

Thank you, all of you have been wonderful answering all of my questions while my director is away on her vacation!

Nikki

We write the mileage off when we do our taxes and the only things not commissionable are the host special, host half price and the past host's host special. Everything earns us $$ :D

I keep a little note pad in my van to track my mileage, at the end of the year I have it all together and ready for my taxes.

kcjodih said:
We write the mileage off when we do our taxes and the only things not commissionable are the host special, host half price and the past host's host special. Everything earns us $$ :D

Also, the FPV we don't earn commission on...just the host's order after she spends the FPV.

question about mileagedo we have to keep track of every time we go on a PC run.. so for cluster mtgs, shows, etc.? Is it all documented for each time? or one lump sum at the end of the year? I havent been keeping good track. I'm in my 2ndSS

I would, I just write down the mileage when I get in the car to do any PC related stuff and write down the mileage when I pull in the garage. Then at the end of the year I just calculate the mileage and I have a record of my exact mileage with the date.

I keep track of all of it in Pampered Partner expenses. Then I don't have to think about it later and try to find where I wrote it down. It is working well so far :D

Don't forget...You can report it on each individual show in PP. There is a slot for expenses and milage right on the show screen. I enter every single shows milage and expenses right away. I write on the receipt each show date and number for the expenses so I which one goes with what. That way I do not have to try to figure out what I did in the past on January 31st.
To hard to do that. I go in the morning after each cluster meeting too and enter an expense entry for the milage.
PP makes it so easy to keep track that it is, in my opinion silly, not to take advantage of it.

Keep good records!:D
TinasKitchen said:
do we have to keep track of every time we go on a PC run.. so for cluster mtgs, shows, etc.? Is it all documented for each time? or one lump sum at the end of the year? I havent been keeping good track. I'm in my 2ndSS

You not only need to know the mileage, you need to know your odometer start and finish, the date, and the reason for mileage. Everytime I go anywhere, I try to do something business related so I can write those miles off. If I head to the dreaded Wal Mart, I always pick up ink cartridges, paper or groceries for my shows! This way I am able to write the trip off, even if I didn't exclusively go for Pampered Chef!!

A notebook in my vehicle works fabulous! I don't track my mileage in pampered partner because of the # of miles I drive that are business, but aren't directly related to 1 show! If I go to the post office to mail 6 host packets it is just easier to write it in my notebook. Then I tally it at the end of the year by month and give it to my accountant. Make sure you keep track monthly because they might change the amount we can write off like they did fall of last year!:D

You can buy a handy vehicle mileage log from your local office supply store. Keep it in your car with a pen and you're good to go on the mileage!

how much do we get for mileage? How do you change it in pp?

You don't need to have the milage attached to a showTo keep track of it. Simply go to PP, Click on Personal Info then Income and Expenses. Click ADD then key in the info. If there is a show number in the show number slot, just wipe it out. Put in the date, click on expense if it is not already marked, use the drop down to pick milage and then key in the rate which is now 0.485 not the 0.3150 that it is in there now then under Quantity, put in the number of miles. That simple.
Oh and I can not find anything that changes the default of 0.3150 anywhere so I have just been over keying it. I did the same thing with the show milages and other milage entries for last year which for some reason never got changed in PP either. it was 0.405 from January 1, 2006 to July 31, 2006 and then was changed to 0.485 on Auguat 1, 2006 to December 31, 2006. It is currently 0.485 per mile.

Last edited:
John,Don't you mean 2005?

It is simple to change the...default for mileage and all other expenses. All you have to do is:

UPDATE
INCOME/EXPENSE CODES
GO TO EXPENSE YOU WANT, JUST CLICK IT ONCE TO HIGHLIGHT IT
RIGHT CLICK ONCE
CLICK EDIT
THEN CHANGE YOUR DEFAULT

This way you don't have to type over it every time!:D

YEah, you caught me!Yes I meant for 2005. It would have been a lot silly of me to do only 2006 when those new numbers were in effect for 2005.
I woulda lost a whole heck of a lot of money!
I am just curious as to why PP has not been updated. I got those number from someone out here and the H&R block office I took my taxes to confirmed the changes. So why is PP still at .315?
I guess I will need to e-mail them.
But I need to thank fruit76loop. I never would have thought to look there at all. I found it and got it changed. Thank you so very much!!!

Last edited:

1. Is mileage for parties considered commissionable or deductible?

Mileage for parties is considered deductible, not commissionable. This means that you can claim it as a business expense on your taxes, but it will not count towards your commission earnings.

2. How do I calculate the mileage for parties?

The mileage for parties is calculated by multiplying the total number of miles driven for the party by the current IRS standard mileage rate. This rate is subject to change each year, so it's important to check for the most recent rate.

3. Can I claim mileage for parties if I am an independent consultant?

Yes, as an independent consultant, you can claim mileage for parties as a business expense on your taxes. However, you will need to keep accurate records and receipts to support your claim.

4. What types of parties are eligible for mileage deduction?

Any party that is directly related to your Pampered Chef business is eligible for mileage deduction. This includes in-home parties, vendor events, and team meetings. However, personal parties, such as a friend's bridal shower, are not eligible.

5. Do I need to track mileage for every party I attend?

Yes, it's important to keep track of mileage for every party you attend, even if it's just a few miles. These small deductions can add up over time and help reduce your overall tax burden. It's best to keep a log or use a mileage tracking app to accurately record your mileage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies