• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Country Music Radio Station Sponsorship Opportunity for Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, the author is interested in an opportunity to participate in a party set up by the radio station and to contribute recipes to a cookbook being published by the station. They are unsure of what they are allowed to do legally and would like to consult with their employer.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Last week we had a merchants fair thingy here in my hometown and I stopped by the country music radio station there and gave some business cards to the girls who work at the station. They just contacted me and set up a party! In addition the station is putting out a cookbook in the Fall and they just contacted me to see if I would like to help sponsor it and contribute an ad in the cookbook. Of course I want too....but what are my stipulations on this as far as PC is concerned? I am at work and do not have my PC manual. But OMG just imagine the possibilities for me if I can do this! The girl who contacted me even said that they could promote me as and kitchen consultant and not use the words "PC".....any ideas for me?

Wow!!What a WONDERFUL oppprtunity!!! I don't know for sure - I would call HO about this and ask what you are allowed to do. I am sure you can participate, but the whole advertsising thing is where it may get difficult. I'm sorry I couldn't help out too much, but it's always safe to call HO. Let us know what they say. I sure hope it all works out!! I'm sure there are ways around it all - the radiostation would surely understand the company'r policies, as they have rules to follow as well. Good Luck!!

Here are some of the guidelines that are in Recipe for Success. "Consultants can place PAID advertisements in local, community and national newspapers, town newsletters, Chambers of Commerce or other business organizations' publications, school, church or county fair programs, flyers, etc, and in local and national magazines.

In all advertisements, you must identify yourself as an Independent Kitchen Consultant rather than as the company or one of its employees."

"KCs, Future Directors and Directors may not advertise or promote your business on the radio."

So I don't know if they were going to advertise anything on the radio, but the only way that's allowed for us if it's included in a registration or booth fee for some type of fair or expo.

I would think you could include recipes in the cookbook, but I doubt they can be Pampered Chef recipes. That would definitely be something to call HO about. Recipes are copyrighted. It does state that there are certain circumstances where the Corporate Communications Department would grant permission so you can contact them at 630-792-7610 or via email at [email protected].

Sounds like a GREAT opportunity!! Definitely do as much as you're "allowed" to do in the form of publicity and advertising! If you find out something from Corporate Communications, let us know the guidelines they tell you.

Good for you!! :D

OK - so to clear this up, sounds like I can place an ad but just identify myself as an Independent Kitchen Consultant with my name, address, email etc. This makes me want to get a website, which I was thinking of doing anyway! Can I use the PC logo in the ad? I was not going to submit a PC recipe anyway, just a couple recipes of my own. Thats not even a concern right now, I just need to give them an answer on the ad. I doubt if anything will be said on the radio about the sponsors, so I am safe on that. Thanks for your help!
This is so awesome!

Last edited:
I don't think you can use the PC logo. But, to be on the safe side, contact the Home Office to get all the details.

Shawnna

YES, you can use the logo. Here's what Recipe for Success says: "You may use The Pampered Chef logo in advertising and publicity as long as you include your name and proper title, and act in accordance with all other guidelines (see advertising and publicity guidelines). The logo is available for download behind Consultant's Corner; it may not be altered in any way."

I don't think this used to be the case, but now ALL KC's can use it. What a cool ad you'll have! How much are they charging you? I'm excited for you! This sounds like a great opportunity! :)

I dont know how much they are charging me yet - I am at work and cant really talk to them here! I just printed the Advertising & Publicity Guidlines from the PC website and am reading over it now. Now I just need wording ideas for my ad....any help there? I will definitely get a website and I want to put something like kitchen shows, fundraisers or order directly through my website.....

Updatethe girl at the radio station just called me! I have a call in to my director on this....but in the meantime, The morning DJ's there are staying up for 3 straight nights and she wants me to come in at 7am on Wednesday and cook breakfast for them! I wont use the name "Pampered Chef" in anyway cuz I cant...but I think I can say Im a kitchen consultant, or that I teach cooking classes!

Oh and they are staying up all night as part of a fundraiser so this may be my way around things - I can say I am participating in the fundraiser and I think then it may be okay to say PC. I am at work or I would call Customer Service.

Suggestions on food??? Personally I think they need caffeine and the pie in the new cookbook would be awesome - it has coffee in it. I cant remember the name of it right now, but it is so good. I need to see if they have an oven, I dont know yet. Idea???

The Charity for above...I just found out...they are staying up all night to solicit $$ for charity. The charitys are:

Onslow Women Center
Susan G. Koeman Breast Cancer foundation
The Muscular Dystropy Association
or
The Ronald McDonald House in Greenville

Too bad we are running our Help Whip Cancer campaign right now! But again - maybe PC will allow me to do this now.

wow! what a great oppurtunity. I had an idea. I know you can not say you are with PC on the radio but I was wondering if at the end of your interview the dj can tell them you website address. Do you have one? I bet you could do that. All they would say was pamperedchef.biz/????? , they would just be giving out the website. It is just a thought.

Yes I have a website. I am going to have my business cards with me too. Im thinking of maybe baking a bunch of muffins ahead, people can stop by, donate to charity, give them a card or catalog. What do you think? I need to figure out how to handle all this. I'll be on for about an hour. I can let the DJ's use the products and get crazy with them....just no USG after no sleep! LOL. Maybe let them help make a breakfast pizza. Figure out how to talk about PC without talking about PC you know! One thing - the marketing girl at the radio station is called corporate communications at PC this afternoon and seeing what we can do since it is for such good charities. I will keep you posted!

OOOOHHHH - just had idea - could I do like a guessing game - use the stuff - people call in with what they think Im using or who I work for? They win a prize if they guess? That way they're saying it...not me?????????

Me Again!The marketing girl at the radio station called Corporate for me and this is what they told her and it is good!

I just got off the phone with Debbie at Corp. Communications. She said at your level (?) you cannot do radio interviews, but you CAN come in Wednesday with the breakfast. You CANNOT promote The Pampered Chef on air, but CAN distribute your cards to anyone who comes in the radio station. You CAN say you are an independent kitchen consultant for a direct marketer. You must emphasize that the item you are donating for the drawing is being donated BY YOU and you can say what kind of kitchen item it is, just not a Pampered Chef item. That doesn't mean you can't attach one of your cards to it when the person comes to pick it up.

I hope that helps. If you have any questions, feel free to call me!

To clarify the item donation - I am donating a $50 item. Havent decided what yet. I have some new fall products I just may throw a few together. Or do a gift certificate of PC and attach it to a mini-spatula which I have. Anyway, ppl listening will drop by and make a donation to the charitys. I will take their name and at then end of the hour that I am on the radio, they win the prize. Im making the egg braid, the Mexican Pie which is a new Celebrations recipe (due to the chocolate and coffee - they need caffeine!) and bringing frozen orange juice so they can all PLUNGE the QSPitcher. That will be a funny part!

Also - corporate told her that I only cant say "PC" on the air. That does mean that ppl cant call in and I tell them what I do - it just cant be on the air! The other thing is - with the 4 charities, I am going to post all 4 on my website as a fundraiser. I will be able to tell people that if they want to purchase "my product" they can go to my website and log onto the charity of their choice. I'll keep the 4 fundraisers going thru the end of Sept. I just have to think of a way to let them know about my website without using the name PC on the air. I can give them my email tho and also my phone number and the radio will have the info too! I am so psyched! I am going to make flyers tonight with all 4 charities on it to pass out. We are even going to have people by the street handing out the flyers and ppl drive by.

Can I link my website to the radio's website? Does anyone know? I tried to find the answer and have a message thru to corporate but no one has called me back yet.

Very cool opportunity! That's so neat. Even if you can't say PC, you can maybe say a leading direct sales company that sells kitchen tools and gadgets. Maybe there will be people calling the station directly who will ask, THEN they can give out your info. What a fun thing to cook them breakfast. Will you have access to an oven? There are some great brunch recipes, like the Ham and Egg Brunch Braid and there's a new croissant bake in the new Season's Best. Of course the old standy is the cinnnamon rolls in the mini-baker. Yum! It's making me hungry. Keep us posted. :)

No oven - we are doing the show in the break room with the 3 Top 40 DJ's and the two Country DJ's. I'm going to bake the egg braid (yes - the one in the new Seasons Best) here at home and keep it warm, maybe zap it in the microwave there. I can let them use the pizza cutter live on the air. And Im going to bring some other stuff and have it on the table - they can pick them up and talk about them. Mainly tho - we are going to talk about the charities I imagine. They willl be tired and hungry after 3 straight days of being on the air and not sleeping. It should get pretty funny.

I have a few Help Whip Cancer items left over and I am going to give them to the DJ who is sponsoring the cancer charity and tell her about the HWC that we do every May. Maybe we can do something fun then on the radio too!

1. What is the cost of sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef?

The cost of sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef varies depending on the specific station and the length of the sponsorship. Please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and pricing options.

2. What benefits can I expect to receive from sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef?

Sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef can provide your business with increased exposure to a targeted audience, potential new customers, and the opportunity to promote your products or services through radio advertisements and on-air mentions. It can also help to build brand recognition and credibility with the listeners of the station.

3. How do I go about sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef?

To sponsor a country music radio station through Pampered Chef, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will guide you through the process. They will help you select a suitable station, negotiate the sponsorship package, and handle all the necessary paperwork and logistics.

4. Can I choose which country music radio station I want to sponsor through Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can choose which country music radio station you want to sponsor through Pampered Chef. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to identify a station that aligns with your target audience and business goals.

5. Is sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef limited to consultants only?

No, sponsoring a country music radio station through Pampered Chef is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, as well as any businesses or individuals interested in promoting their products or services through radio advertising. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information on how to get started.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefcook
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mikecooks
  • Christine Hughes