• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready for Wave One? How are others preparing for the countdown?

In summary, you and your friends are planning a Meet and Greet for the last day of Wave One. There will be no food and you will have to leave at 4:45 a.m. to make it on time. There will also be a Meet and Greet for singles.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
The other waves have a countdown - so I thought we should have one!

Only 66 days til Wave One!

We did it at the same time! I'll go delete mine! :D

YAHOO!!!!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Can not wait!!

My goodness! Counting down? I'm still finalizing things for tomorrow to go to the Regional Meeting! Yikes!Any tidbits for that? So far I have bring a good notebook and pen and bring a small snack or water if you get hungry early...

janetupnorth said:
My goodness! Counting down? I'm still finalizing things for tomorrow to go to the Regional Meeting! Yikes!

Any tidbits for that?

So far I have bring a good notebook and pen and bring a small snack or water if you get hungry early...

There was water & coffee in the morning - just no food.

You are in for a great time!

ChefBeckyD said:
There was water & coffee in the morning - just no food.

You are in for a great time!

Thanks!

I'm tired already and have to leave my house at 4:45 a.m. but I'm exciting and hoping it will be worth the time.

Just also dreading what I'll come back to at work. I just got done entering about 15 orders and needed a quick minute to recover before I do my next batch...got through my e-mails but not to regular tasks yet!

Oh well, back to the chaos...

Wow - only 66 days left?? Holy moly - I better get my butt in gear and start shopping for clothes!!!

I cannot wait! I really need the kick in the rear and the motivation to return that you all say you get from attending NC!

PamperedDor said:
Wow - only 66 days left?? Holy moly - I better get my butt in gear and start shopping for clothes!!!

I think I better shed a few pounds, THEN start shopping for new clothes!!! LOL :D

I hope to stop over this year :) Any parties I can crash?

Admin Greg said:
I hope to stop over this year :) Any parties I can crash?
Cool! You don't have to crash - you can be our guest of honor!

We are planning one - we just don't have a time and place nailed down yet.

ChefBeckyD said:
Cool! You don't have to crash - you can be our guest of honor!

We are planning one - we just don't have a time and place nailed down yet.

Only the Meet 'N Greets he can crash...my DH would have some real issues if he crashed my hotel room! ;)

So Greg, are you going to take the train down and back from Milwaukee? Seems A LOT cheaper than gas, tolls and parking!!!!Beth and I are planning on meeting up in Milw. or Oak Creek between my wave and hers...

How much can I milk the last minute and still get early bird registration?

I believe until June 15th.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I am so looking forward to it! I was hoping to be walking the stage but so far no go. Only 2 away! I am only $3500 away from $50,000 in Career Sales so I should make the luncheon. YAY!

65 Days to go!Start working on child care now!

Yikes... we've got a SERVE Missions trip with our youth in June so reading 65 days to NC ... yikes... I've got to get cooking!

Did we ever come up with a Meet and Greet date and time??

Not sure about the MNG date/time. I think we've still got time to work on that, though! :) It seems like the most popular choices were Wednesday/Thursday evenings.

On that note:

63 Days!

62 Days!

We need a stage walkers list, too! :D

It will be here before we know it!BTW, don't forget to bring lots of $1 bills with you for tipping servers & cab drivers. Also, you might consider tipping housekeeping at your hotel. A dollar or two each day left in an envelope marked "Housekeeping" works well. That way you'll be sure to reward everyone, even if you have different staff each day. :)

Thanks, Rae for the tips! I was thinking of how to add wonderful tips like you did last year, but I'm just not that good. ;)

Aw, shucks, you're making me blush. :blushing:

Actually, I've been thinking all week about the countdown I helped with last year. Right now my ongoing temp job is keeping me from visiting the site daily. I hope you don't mind if I add the occasional tip when I get a chance.

Start breaking in new shoes as well - comfort counts -

As for the singles - HA - my first thought was- hmmm who is going to a chipendales in Chicago?? LOL - didn't read it thru the first time - speed reading class from HS isn't paying off - LOL -

Dorene, you can do whatever you want with your singles. LOL!

Only 61 days!

You'll be getting lots of advice about packing light, and that's the best thing to do. However, I have one little extra that can really help. If you're sharing a room, one of you should bring along an outlet strip. You'll probably each have a cell phone charger. I've spent waaay too much time in hotel rooms crawling under the desk to plug in my charger or unplug it in the morning. Plus, if you have only one bathroom and more than one of you needs to use a curling or flat iron at the same time, you can easily use that outlet strip near the room mirror.

Oh great tip Rae - ( I meant the one on outlet strip - not singles!! LOL)

I also pack a little extra duffle bag, but not sure if we are allowed 2 pieces this year - and I know most airlines now have weight restrictions - so read the small print!

Only 60 days!

In years past, I've encountered a few panhandlers while touring the Chicago streets. Part of me always wants to help. Part of me is always afraid that I'll just be supporting a drug or alcohol habit. However, somewhere I came across a suggestion to carry fast food gift certificates to give.

Most fast food places still have the paper gift certificates available; you just have to ask. And, if you don't use them while at NC, you can always use them on the way home.

YIkes... I have about 75 pounds to lose before then! THink I can do that??????
:)

Diane - I think you can do anything right now! :)

I have about 30 to lose. I'm right there with ya!

Weight restrictions on the baggage or the passengers?That, to be honest, was the reason I was hesitant to fly Southwest ... but that is the airline my cluster chose. Even if I lose 50 or 75 pounds, I will not be "skinny" by any stretch ... friends of mine who are also plus sized have gone Southwest many times and have not had a problem ... and my clustermates would probably rise up in protest if there was one ...The OTHER Diane

Another tip: Travel can really throw your good, healthy intentions for a loop. Take along some good, healthy snacks. Nuts, dried fruit, and such can help fill a rumbly tummy and make those triple-size muffins look much less appealing. They're also easy to take along in little snack-size zippered bags. Along with regular water consumption (bring your own or use a refillable water bottle) you'll be able tol save money and your waistilne.

LOL- I meant the airline has restrictions on baggage weight - not ours!!! You guys crack me up!!!

I agree with Rae - I always bring trail mix with me and my own water bottle - I fill it up all the time to stay hydrated and between that and all the walking - I count it as exercise!!!

Love the water bottle idea! I have one in my hand ALL the time when I'm away from home!!!

56 days and counting!

Last edited:
Woo hoo! Don't forget to take along address labels. These will save you time and effort filling out info on forms. Also, you'll want to take business cards along. You might even want to take a few self-addressed, stamped envelopes. That will make it easier to get people to send you info.

NC Tip55 Days

Take along the names and addresses of the hosts for your shows in the few weeks after you get back from NC. Your first day there, pick up postcards. Send one to each of your upcoming hosts telling them you're excited about learning how to make their show even better. It's a great way to connect with your host.

BTW, you might also want to bring along their phone numbers so you can do a bit of host coaching during breaks.

Bumping because I'm excited!

LOL, Rae! You're too funny. I'm right there with ya on the excitement though. I'm ready to go, now!

I would need about $18,000 to make it. Don't think that's likely to happen this year. I'll be at that table next year, though. :) This year I'll just wave wildly to those of you at the special tables.

NC TipWith only 54 days to go :thumbup:, now's the time to start planning your wardrobe.It will be mid-July in Chicago, so plan for hot, humid days and possibly chilly nights. Make sure that you try everything on, the complete outfit with shoes and any special foundational garments (need a new strapless bra?), at least a week or two before you leave.Your first consideration needs to be comfort. You'll be doing a lot of walking and a lot of sitting. Is any piece too snug? Trust me, you'll be miserable by the end of the first session if you're wearing something too tight. Will every pair of shoes be be comfy after miles of walking and climbing stairs? (Oh, yeah, if you're planning to wear a skirt, make sure you can climb stairs in it. Narrow skirts are cute, but some make climbing nearly impossible.)Now, check everything over carefully. You don't want to get to Chicago and realize that there's a stain, rip, or other problem with one of your clothing pieces. A week or two should give you enough time to make any repairs, have things laundered or dry cleaned, replace a piece or two, or even choose a whole new outfit.It won't take nearly as much time as it sounds, and you'll be glad you planned ahead.See you in 54 days!

Oh now I am getting PSYCHED!!!!

I need to count down pounds instead of days. I'm trying to lose some weight to fit into some clothes and not look too scary in my bathing suit while checking out our hotel pool.

NC TipOnly 53 days!

While you're filling your June and July calendars, don't forget to block out a bit of personal time. If you can, set aside a day or two before NC to spend some quality time with your family or just getting yourself mentally prepared. Take a day or two after NC to go over your notes, absorb the info, make plans to implement any new ideas, and spend some private time with family.

A bit of extra time spent with your family before and after your absence might make them more likely to gracefully accept your absence in the future. And, a bit of down time can help you make the most of your NC experience.

It would really help to know what time we're gonna have free ... I know this is a question that you all cannot necessarily answer ... I am a conference newbie. I want to have some time with all of you too ... AND with 1-3 online friends who may meet up with me! But I don't want to abandon my cluster and especially my "mini-cluster" (the 4 of us who are going sans our now ex-director.)

Chef Bobby said:
I need to count down pounds instead of days. I'm trying to lose some weight to fit into some clothes and not look too scary in my bathing suit while checking out our hotel pool.

You think that is bad? This year is my year to recertify in lifeguarding...so I have to do that in about 1 week.

Then, I have to get in a pool with about 20-30 kids less than half my age and help my DH train them as lifeguards...after 2 kids, my stomach isn't as flat as it used be and I'm not in as good as shape!!!! :blushing:

Di_Can_Cook said:
It would really help to know what time we're gonna have free ... I know this is a question that you all cannot necessarily answer ... I am a conference newbie. I want to have some time with all of you too ... AND with 1-3 online friends who may meet up with me! But I don't want to abandon my cluster and especially my "mini-cluster" (the 4 of us who are going sans our now ex-director.)

You can check out the conference itinerary/agenda on CC - basically we are free until 1:15 on day one - it's a great time to check out the booths...we're free the night of day 1 - after 6:15pm...day two we're booked up all day and evening...day three it all ends at 1:15 unless you are taking the late HO tours.

<h2>1. What exactly is Wave One?</h2><p>Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.</p><h2>2. When does Wave One usually happen?</h2><p>Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!</p><h2>3. What can we expect from Wave One?</h2><p>While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.</p><h2>4. How can I prepare for Wave One?</h2><p>To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.</p><h2>5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?</h2><p>Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.</p>

1. What exactly is Wave One?

Wave One refers to the first release of new products and updates from Pampered Chef for the year. It typically includes highly anticipated items and improvements to existing products.

2. When does Wave One usually happen?

Wave One typically happens in January, although the exact date may vary each year. This year, it is happening in just 66 days!

3. What can we expect from Wave One?

While the exact details of Wave One are not yet released, you can expect new and improved products, as well as updates to existing products to make your cooking and entertaining experience even better.

4. How can I prepare for Wave One?

To prepare for Wave One, you can start by making a list of products you are interested in and staying updated on any sneak peeks or announcements from Pampered Chef. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and to plan your purchases.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for Wave One?

Yes, there are often special deals and promotions for Wave One, such as discounted bundles or free gifts with purchase. These will be announced closer to the release date, so be sure to stay tuned for updates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Poll
  • rebeccastt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views