• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hard Anodized Cookware: What Does It Mean?

In summary, hard anodized cookware is durable and safe to use, with a non-toxic and non-reactive surface. It can be used on all stovetops and is easy to clean and maintain. To prolong its lifespan, it is recommended to avoid using metal utensils and to use a low to medium heat setting when cooking.
pampered_chef_amber
Could anyone tell me what hard anodized means? Is the new
cookware teflon coated? I am confused with this :confused:
Thanks!

Amber,
I'm told that hard-anodized aluminum is harder than stainless steel. In fact, a NASCAR fan friend of mine states that's what NASCAR engines are made from.

The Executive cookware is also a titanium alloy, making it stronger than ever.

Our cookware is coated with Dupont Autograph II nonstick coating. The word "Teflon" isn't in the description...

"Hard-anodization is an electrochemical process that gives added hardness and seals the surface of the pan" (Found this on CC under the Product Information Guide- lots of great info on each product!)

The Prof. cookware is coated with Dupont Autograph Non-stick surface, and the Exec. cookware is coated with Dupont Autograph II Non-stick. These are actually BAKED ON, not sprayed on, which is why they do not begin to peel off with use!

HTH

1. What is hard anodized cookware?

Hard anodized cookware is made of aluminum that has been treated with an electrochemical process. This process creates a hard, non-porous surface that is resistant to scratches and wear, making it more durable than traditional non-stick cookware.

2. Is hard anodized cookware safe to use?

Yes, hard anodized cookware is safe to use. The anodization process creates a non-toxic, non-reactive surface that does not release harmful chemicals or metals into your food. It is also free of PFOA and PTFE, making it a healthier option compared to traditional non-stick cookware.

3. Can hard anodized cookware be used on all stovetops?

Yes, hard anodized cookware is versatile and can be used on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. It is also oven safe, making it a great option for recipes that require stovetop-to-oven cooking.

4. How do I clean and maintain hard anodized cookware?

To clean hard anodized cookware, simply use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface. To maintain the non-stick properties, it is recommended to lightly coat the surface with oil after each use.

5. Does hard anodized cookware require special care?

Hard anodized cookware is very durable and does not require any special care. However, to prolong its lifespan, it is recommended to avoid using metal utensils and to always use a low to medium heat setting when cooking. This will prevent the surface from getting scratched or damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • AnnieBee