• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing Between Sam's Club & Costco for Business Shopping

Does Walmart carry those items you get at Sams club? I stopped going to Sam's because i spent more than I saved, but I realized that a lot of the same things are at Walmart, since they are the same company. I don't have a Costco near me and I grew up going to Sam's so I have no idea which is better. BUT I just renewed my Sam's membership today for the first time with our Pampered Perks and it was $35 for me and my husband (I think last year we paided $60) and I got a $10 gift card as well. I thought that was a good deal!I love Costco.
higoobs
Gold Member
What is your prefrence as a consumer to shop at a wholesale retailer. We have always had a Sam's Club here in the Rio Grande Valley but today is the Grand Opening for a Costco. I am going to buy a membership as a business and I am interested in either renewing my Sam's Club or trying out Costco for a year.

Can you get a trial pass? I dont know if they do it, but many times, you can get a trial pass. i know Sams club used to but you paid an extra 15% at checkout with a trial. I dont know about Costco.

I like both. They carry different brands so depending on what I need... Costco around here is a little cleaner and the aisles are more spacious. Oh and I LOVE Costco birthday cake, YUM!!!

I have been a Costco member for years since they opened up here. I love it. I also joined Sam's when they gave us an opportunity for the business membership- really wasn't impressed, & honestly haven't gone back!

Oh, & I like how costco treats their employees- most of them have been there since it opened (about 12 years or so).

Costco ALL THE WAY! I've had memberships to both, and to me, Costco is the much better place to shop. Better customer service, higher quality of products, and I also like supporting a business that is good to their employees. (My Mom worked for Sam's Club for 11 years, and she was never treated well. Costco has the lowest turnover rate for employees in their industry - that says volumes!)

I wish we had a COSTCO!!! I have heard wonderful things from people (who moved here from other places) about Costco.

We have a Sam's close to us and I think that is what they were complaining about (it's not the same as Costco, etc).

But, between BJs and Sams - we love BJS better (have been members of both). We drive further to BJs. It is not as bright and "supermarket-y" as Sam's...but from some reason I like BJs better. We can use coupons at BJS and the people are nicer at BJS than at Sams. (The savings alone from coupons more than pays for our membership.)

So, if BJs is better than Sam's I have no doubt Costco will be.

(And, to be honest, I am more prejudiced against Sam's/Walmart - but that is just me!)

I have tried all three and we have come back to BJ's. Costco would be my 2nd choice over Sam's...I agree about the cleanliness and the way the employees are treated.

I have to keep both (as much as my kids hate I have one to either since I live alone)
Sam's sells my favorite eggrolls and only northern toilet tissue.
But, love the other things costco sells

Teresa Lynn said:
I have to keep both (as much as my kids hate I have one to either since I live alone)
Sam's sells my favorite eggrolls and only northern toilet tissue.
But, love the other things costco sells

Does Walmart carry those items you get at Sams club? I stopped going to sams because i spent mre than I saved, but I realized alot of the same things are at walmart, since they are the same company.

I don't have a costco near me and I grew up going to Sam's so I have no idea which is better. BUT I just renewed my Sam's membership today for the first time with our Pampered Perks and it was $35 for me and my husband ( I think last year we payed $60) and I got a $10 gift card as well. I thought that was a good deal!

I love Costco.

However, I've heard that at BJs or Sam's (not sure which) you can use manufacturer's coupons, and if it's a multi-pack you can use as many coupons as there are items in that pack.

NooraK said:
I love Costco.

However, I've heard that at BJs or Sam's (not sure which) you can use manufacturer's coupons, and if it's a multi-pack you can use as many coupons as there are items in that pack.

BJ's accepts manufacturer's coupons - and they have their own. BJ's coupons are around $2-$3 off. If I plan it right, I can usually save $20-$30 with the coupons.

Last time I was a member of Sam's (a year or two ago), they did not accept manufacturer's coupons. Big drawback for me.

nope on the egg rolls and oddly enough the package says they are distributed by Schwanns (& thats a whole 'nother thing i don't need stopping at my house) HA!!

1. What are the main differences between Sam's Club and Costco for business shopping?

Both Sam's Club and Costco offer a wide variety of products and services for businesses, but there are a few key differences. Sam's Club is owned by Walmart and tends to have lower prices and a larger selection of national brands. Costco, on the other hand, is known for its high-quality private label products and a focus on member benefits such as discounted gas and travel services.

2. Which store offers better deals for bulk purchases?

Both Sam's Club and Costco offer competitive prices for buying in bulk. However, it ultimately depends on the specific products and promotions available at each store. It's always a good idea to compare prices and deals before making a purchase.

3. Do I need a membership to shop at Sam's Club and Costco for business purchases?

Yes, both Sam's Club and Costco require a membership to shop at their stores. However, both stores offer different levels of membership with varying benefits and fees. It's important to consider your business needs and compare membership options to determine which store is the best fit for you.

4. Can I use my personal Sam's Club or Costco membership for business shopping?

No, personal memberships cannot be used for business shopping at either Sam's Club or Costco. Both stores offer separate memberships specifically for businesses, which may include additional benefits and discounts.

5. Are there any other perks to shopping at Sam's Club or Costco for business purposes?

In addition to discounted prices and bulk purchasing options, both Sam's Club and Costco offer additional perks for businesses. This includes services such as delivery and installation, as well as access to business-specific resources and tools. It's worth researching and comparing these perks to see which store better meets the needs of your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
robochick84
Replies
Views
laurieandjaffy
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78