• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Delicious Cornish Hen Racks: Perfect for Any Occasion!

In summary, a Cornish Hen Rack is a specialized cooking tool used to cook Cornish hens. It allows for even cooking and crispy skin by holding the hen upright in the oven. While a regular roasting pan can be used, the Cornish Hen Rack produces better results. To clean and maintain the rack, hand wash it and oil it before each use. It can also be used on a grill with indirect heat and a drip pan. Only one or two hens can be cooked on the rack at a time, with proper spacing and adjusted cooking time for multiple hens.
pchockeymom
One of my new consultants got an email from a friend asking about our "cornish hen racks". She said she thought she'd bought them from PC. ANY IDEAS???

Unless they are VERY old she didn't get them from us. I've been with PC for nearly 15 years and we have never had those. The only racks we have are the one that come with the roasting pan and the cooling racks.

agreed I've been selling 18 years

that's what I thought! I've only been a consultant for 2 years but I've been a PC junky for 20-never heard of it. Maybe she's thinking of the roasting pan rack. Thanks!

Hi there! It sounds like your friend may be referring to our Cornish hen roasting rack. This handy tool allows you to easily roast up to four Cornish hens at once, making it perfect for hosting dinner parties or family meals. It's a great addition to any kitchen and I highly recommend it. If your friend did purchase it from Pampered Chef, she made an excellent choice! Let me know if you have any other questions about it. Happy cooking!

1. What is a Cornish Hen Rack and how is it used?

A Cornish Hen Rack is a specialized cooking tool designed specifically for cooking Cornish hens. It is a metal rack with four prongs that hold the Cornish hen upright in the oven. This allows the heat to circulate evenly around the hen, resulting in a crispy and evenly cooked bird.

2. Can I use a regular roasting pan instead of a Cornish Hen Rack?

While it is possible to use a regular roasting pan to cook Cornish hens, using a Cornish Hen Rack will result in a better cooked bird. The rack allows for better air circulation and ensures that the hen is evenly cooked. It also helps to keep the skin crispy and prevents the hen from sitting in its own juices, resulting in a more flavorful dish.

3. How do I clean and maintain my Cornish Hen Rack?

To clean your Cornish Hen Rack, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse it thoroughly and dry it with a clean towel. To maintain it, make sure to oil the prongs and base before each use to prevent sticking. Avoid using metal utensils on the rack, as this can cause scratches and damage.

4. Can I use the Cornish Hen Rack on a grill?

Yes, you can use the Cornish Hen Rack on a grill. Make sure to use indirect heat and place a drip pan underneath the rack to catch any drippings. You may also want to cover the hen with foil to prevent it from burning. Keep an eye on the temperature and use a meat thermometer to ensure the hen is cooked to the appropriate temperature.

5. How many Cornish hens can I cook on one rack?

The Cornish Hen Rack is designed to hold one Cornish hen at a time. However, if you have a larger rack, you may be able to fit two hens. Just make sure to leave enough space between them for proper air circulation. If you are cooking multiple hens, make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheftiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg