• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! I'm Making a Reuben Ring Sunday & Don't Know How to Cook Corned Beef

Corned Beef as a Freezer meal...This is one I do for freezer meals. I also realize it is Tuesday, way past your Sunday show, but it is worth having.Good timing - I couldn't find my crock pot... :grumpy: Mom was up for a few weeks and has this knack of "rearranging my house"...anyway, pulled out the DCB and put it in with cabbage and put it on a low temp in the oven to "slow cook" it... We'll see how it turns out!!!!Then, I came here and saw this post - glad I made a good decision.So it's not St. Patty's Day
chefallison53
I am making the Rueben ring on sunday and I have no idea how to cook corned beef! HELP!!!!:cry:

I still need help! Bump.... Bump in the night!

I cook mine in the crock pot. I put potatoes, onions on the bottom, corned beef on top and cover with water. Cook for 6 hours or until done.

You can also boil it, but better flavor if you slow cook it. Good Luck

You could also go to the local Deli or Supermarket and get Corned Beef sliced thick. Boars Head has awesome Corned Beef.

Good Luck!!!

I always add a bottle of beer to mine I layer the carrots potatoes and onions in too

Most deli's have sliced corned beef. You might also be able to find some packaged - there's a brand called Buddig that sells it. They you don't have to worry about cooking it. That's what I use when I make reuben sandwiches.

I made them with regular corned beef (the kind I had to cook) last time and I found that I actually like it better with the precooked slices.

BTW: When you buy the briskit (regular corned beef) there is usually instructions on the package and it usually comes with a seasoning packet.

Corned Beef as a Freezer meal...This is one I do for freezer meals. I also realize it is Tuesday, way past your Sunday show, but it is worth having.

I sent out an email on Friday to my customers and anyone wanting the recipe and the freezer meal instructions for Corned Beef hash packages. If you want it, you can email me: [email protected]

Last edited:
Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
This is one I do for freezer meals. I also realize it is Tuesday, way past your Sunday show, but it is worth having.

I sent out an email on Friday to my customers and anyone wanting the recipe and the freezer meal instructions for Corned Beef hash packages. If you want it, you can email me: [email protected]

I want it and I'm sending you an e-mail now. My hubby swears he doesn't like corned beef, I just don't think he's ever had it cooked right!

Here is a FYI for everyone and something good to promote is that a good friend and I were talking yesterday and she told me how she made some corned beef over the weekend and how she did 2 of them, one in a crock pot and one in the DCB. She said that the DCB corned beef, won, hands down!
She said her DH was just going on and on about how good the DCB one was!
He was saying how he could just cut it with his fork! Wahhoooo, got to love the DCB!!!:love: :D

MissChef said:
I want it and I'm sending you an e-mail now. My hubby swears he doesn't like corned beef, I just don't think he's ever had it cooked right! Here is a FYI for everyone and something good to promote is that a good friend and I were talking yesterday and she told me how she made some corned beef over the weekend and how she did 2 of them, one in a crock pot and one in the DCB. She said that the DCB corned beef, won, hands down!
She said her DH was just going on and on about how good the DCB one was!
He was saying how he could just cut it with his fork! Wahhoooo, got to love the DCB!!!:love: :D
Good timing - I couldn't find my crock pot... :grumpy: Mom was up for a few weeks and has this knack of "rearranging my house"...anyway, pulled out the DCB and put it in with cabbage and put it on a low temp in the oven to "slow cook" it... We'll see how it turns out!!!!Then, I came here and saw this post - glad I made a good decision.

So it's not St. Patty's Day anymore, but...
HappyStPatsDay.jpg

I buy the corn beef in the can and just cook it slow in a pan. Sometimes I will add the pototoes in it after I have boiled them to get them started. We eat ours with cabbage.

I have never tried it in the crock pot. Nor have I ever gotten real corn beef like I think yall are talking about. The only kind I have ever had is the Hormel in the can.

That graphic that Katie posted contains one of my pet peeves. It's corned beef, not corn beef. Corned refers to how it's brined to preserve it.

Picky, picky...

... Still a funny picture!

This does not have to do w/ the rueben ring, but I make the corned beef dinner that is the Main Dishes cookbook every year, it is awesome (so I'm told, I don't eat CB) but it is a tradition and I make it for St. Pat's Day only...something to try out if you haven't yet, it doesn't take any more ingredients really than the beef, potatoes and cabbage, oh, carrots and then a cream cheese for a sauce...My dh loves it!

katie0128 said:
Picky, picky...

... Still a funny picture!
It is funny. It's just one of those little things that bugs me, especially when it's in a professionally-produced item that should have been proofread.

1. How do I cook the corned beef for a Reuben Ring?

To cook corned beef for a Reuben Ring, you will need to first preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the corned beef in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Let the corned beef cool before slicing and using in the Reuben Ring recipe.

2. Can I use a slow cooker to cook the corned beef?

Yes, you can use a slow cooker to cook the corned beef for a Reuben Ring. Place the corned beef in the slow cooker with enough water to cover it. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. Once cooked, let the corned beef cool before slicing for the Reuben Ring.

3. Do I need to trim the fat off the corned beef before cooking?

It is recommended to trim most of the fat off the corned beef before cooking for a Reuben Ring. This will help prevent the ring from becoming too greasy. However, leaving a small layer of fat can add flavor to the dish.

4. How thick should I slice the corned beef for the Reuben Ring?

The corned beef should be sliced into thin, bite-sized pieces for the Reuben Ring. This will ensure that the filling is evenly distributed and easy to bite into when the ring is finished.

5. Can I use deli-sliced corned beef instead of cooking my own?

Yes, you can use deli-sliced corned beef in the Reuben Ring recipe. However, the flavor and texture may differ slightly from freshly cooked corned beef. Make sure to use thinly sliced deli meat and adjust the baking time accordingly to avoid overcooking the ring.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyCooks
  • brendaziz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Boomerjojo