• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Tell Me the Cooking/Steaming Time for Corn on the Cob in the Dcb?

In summary, the cooking time for corn on the cob in a microwave is about 16 minutes, adding 1/4 cup of water will make it softer, and it is best to steam them afterwards.
I know there are instructions in the consultant created DCB cookbook.

Side note: Am I the only one who struggles using our Corn Cob Knobs? I can hardly ever get them to screw in good enough. My mom and sister aren't happy with them either.

I usually do 2-3 minutes per ear of corn. I always put about a 1/4 cup of water in the bottom too. I don't have problems with the nobs. I cut both ends off the corn and screw them in! I just have a hard time keeping track of the little buggers!

babywings76 said:
Side note: Am I the only one who struggles using our Corn Cob Knobs? I can hardly ever get them to screw in good enough. My mom and sister aren't happy with them either.

Try cutting off the tip of the pointy end of the ear to make a flat surface, then screwing it in.

Made the corn in the DCB tonite for the first time. About 16 minutes on high for 5 ears of corn, added the 1/4 cup of water.
Soooo good!

DebPC said:
Made the corn in the DCB tonite for the first time. About 16 minutes on high for 5 ears of corn, added the 1/4 cup of water.
Soooo good!
That's a long time! I have always done 5 ears, 1/4 cup water, 10 minutes, perfect. That's the recipe I give everyone and have never had anyone say they needed more time. Maybe it's our corn?

They were right out of the fridge- I wonder if that is why it took a bit longer. Do you let them steam after?

that may be it, I never put my corn in the frig. They usually do steam only because we're getting everything else together, but I don't purposely do it.

1. How do I prepare the corn on the cob in the Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To prepare corn on the cob in the DCB, first shuck the corn and remove the silk. Then, place the corn in the DCB and add about 1/4 cup of water. Cover the DCB and microwave for 4-5 minutes per ear of corn.

2. Can I use frozen corn on the cob in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen corn on the cob in the DCB. Simply place the frozen corn in the DCB and add about 1/4 cup of water. Microwave for 6-7 minutes per ear of corn.

3. Do I need to add any seasonings or butter to the corn in the DCB?

It is not necessary to add any seasonings or butter to the corn on the cob in the DCB, as the corn will steam and cook in its own natural juices. However, you can add some butter or your favorite seasonings before or after microwaving for added flavor.

4. How many ears of corn can I cook in the DCB at once?

The DCB can hold up to 8 ears of corn at once. If you need to cook more than 8 ears, you can cook them in batches.

5. Can I use the DCB to cook corn on the cob in the oven?

Yes, you can use the DCB to cook corn on the cob in the oven. Preheat your oven to 375°F and place the DCB with the corn inside. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the corn is tender.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • sassypip
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • KYCHEF