• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Microwave Corn on the Cob - Cook Fresh Corn in Minutes!

In summary, the client is wanting our product that you can cook corn on the cob in the microwave with??? Not sure what that would be??? Scott provides a summary of the product and how to use it.
flemings99
Gold Member
:confused: Client is wanting our product that you can cook corn on the cob in the microwave with??? Not sure what that would be???

I've used the Micro Cooker to fix corn on the cob in the mircrowave. I think I cooked them for 8 minutes and they came out perfect.

Pampered_Ashley84 said:
I've used the Micro Cooker to fix corn on the cob in the mircrowave. I think I cooked them for 8 minutes and they came out perfect.

Good to know...Thanks!

I use the micro cooker to fix mine too. My microwave has a vegetable setting (one for frozen and another for fresh) so I don't know how long it cooks.

The Deep Covered Baker is great with Corn on the cob! Just put a 1/4 cup of water in and the cover and put in the microwave for 12-15 minutes and it is great!!!
Sally

Could they be referring to the fact that you can insert the corn cob nobs before cooking in the microwave (or putting in the boiling water) . . . .

nascarcooker said:
The Deep Covered Baker is great with Corn on the cob! Just put a 1/4 cup of water in and the cover and put in the microwave for 12-15 minutes and it is great!!!
Sally

Sweet! Just another reason to love the baker. Thanks for all the responses.

Put them in the baker unwrapped, husks and all. Cook them 4 minutes per ear, up to 6 ears 24 minutes. Let them sit after cooking about 5 minutes don't worry, they'll still be hot. Then, remove husk/strings all at once - and enjoy steamed corn!

scottcooks said:
Put them in the baker unwrapped, husks and all. Cook them 4 minutes per ear, up to 6 ears 24 minutes. Let them sit after cooking about 5 minutes don't worry, they'll still be hot. Then, remove husk/strings all at once - and enjoy steamed corn!

That is great, Scott! If I am reading this right you don't add water to yours, right?

You can wrap them in parchment paper and cook one ear 3-4 minutes, depending on your microwave, but I love the DCB tip! Sweet corn season is about 1 month away in Iowa!!
Deb

no water - just KISS! (Keep It Simple, Scott!) They're AWESOME. You can butter/season after you pull off husks and silk.Careful - when you have all the husks bent back and "break", you'll want some kind of hand protection b/c the husks have a LOT of water inside and it is H O T hot! Enjoy your DCB!

Thanks, Scott! I truly appreciate your input and tips. I can't wait to try it here before I demo it!

Cross sell the kernel cutter, corn knobs, oven mitts or oven pads and corn butterer.

I LOVE the idea of cooking corn in the DCB with the husks still on!! This is a fabulous idea.

Just a thought, but you will probably want to peel back the husks and inspect the cobs first. Sometimes, there are little bugs (yuck!) or rotten sections that you can't tell till you open them.

1. How long should I microwave corn on the cob?

The recommended time for microwaving corn on the cob is about 4 minutes for one ear and an additional 2 minutes for each additional ear. However, the exact time may vary depending on the wattage of your microwave and the size of the corn.

2. Should I remove the husks before microwaving corn on the cob?

No, it is not necessary to remove the husks before microwaving corn on the cob. The husks actually help to steam the corn and keep it moist during the cooking process.

3. Do I need to add water when microwaving corn on the cob?

No, you do not need to add water when microwaving corn on the cob. The moisture from the husks and the natural juices of the corn will create enough steam to cook the corn.

4. Can I use frozen corn on the cob in the microwave?

Yes, you can use frozen corn on the cob in the microwave. Simply place the frozen corn in a microwave-safe dish and cook for 5-6 minutes, turning the corn halfway through the cooking time.

5. How do I know when the corn on the cob is done in the microwave?

You can check if the corn on the cob is done by poking a kernel with a fork. If it is easily pierced, the corn is ready. Alternatively, you can also use a food thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the corn has reached at least 165°F.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Products and Tips
Replies