1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Corn on cob in microwave?

1. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

:confused: Client is wanting our product that you can cook corn on the cob in the microwave with??? Not sure what that would be???

Jun 16, 2009
  2. Pampered_Ashley84

Pampered_Ashley84 Member Gold Member

I've used the Micro Cooker to fix corn on the cob in the mircrowave. I think I cooked them for 8 minutes and they came out perfect.

3. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Good to know...Thanks!

Jun 16, 2009
  4. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I use the micro cooker to fix mine too. My microwave has a vegetable setting (one for frozen and another for fresh) so I don't know how long it cooks.

5. nascarcooker

nascarcooker Novice Member Gold Member

The Deep Covered Baker is great with Corn on the cob! Just put a 1/4 cup of water in and the cover and put in the microwave for 12-15 minutes and it is great!!!
    Sally

Jun 16, 2009
  6. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

Could they be referring to the fact that you can insert the corn cob nobs before cooking in the microwave (or putting in the boiling water) . . . .

Jun 16, 2009
  7. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

Sweet! Just another reason to love the baker. Thanks for all the responses.

Jun 16, 2009
  8. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Put them in the baker unwrapped, husks and all. Cook them 4 minutes per ear, up to 6 ears 24 minutes. Let them sit after cooking about 5 minutes don't worry, they'll still be hot. Then, remove husk/strings all at once - and enjoy steamed corn!

Jun 17, 2009
  9. pamperedharriet

That is great, Scott! If I am reading this right you don't add water to yours, right?

10. zmom58

zmom58 Member

You can wrap them in parchment paper and cook one ear 3-4 minutes, depending on your microwave, but I love the DCB tip! Sweet corn season is about 1 month away in Iowa!!
    Deb

Jun 21, 2009
  11. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

no water - just KISS! (Keep It Simple, Scott!) They're AWESOME. You can butter/season after you pull off husks and silk.

Careful - when you have all the husks bent back and "break", you'll want some kind of hand protection b/c the husks have a LOT of water inside and it is H O T hot! Enjoy your DCB!

Jun 22, 2009
  12. pamperedharriet

Thanks, Scott! I truly appreciate your input and tips. I can't wait to try it here before I demo it!

Cross sell the kernel cutter, corn knobs, oven mitts or oven pads and corn butterer.

13. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I LOVE the idea of cooking corn in the DCB with the husks still on!! This is a fabulous idea.

Jun 22, 2009
  14. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Just a thought, but you will probably want to peel back the husks and inspect the cobs first. Sometimes, there are little bugs (yuck!) or rotten sections that you can't tell till you open them.

Jun 22, 2009
Have something to add?