• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wrapping the Power Cord: Is it Just Me or is it Cumbersome?

I don't think it is meant for power cords specifically. It's meant for cords like ear buds and such that are thin and long.
kam
Staff member
Is it just me or this cumbersome to use?

I am trying to wrap the power cord (without the wall mount part) that came with my Samsung phone and there almost seems as if there is too much cord and I can't fit it all into the cord wrap.

Am I doing something wrong? I have half of it "flipped" out into my hand so it is "open", yet I can't fit the entire length of the cord in. By the time I get to the last part of the cord, I am just wrapping and it is on the outside and when I flip the cord mount back into place, it does not hold. Ugh!

I bring the power cord to work with me every day and that is what I wanted this for.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Could you post a picture? I don't flip it out when I wrap my cords. I just wrap them through the gap.

When I tried to wrap inside it didn't work well either, so I just wrapped it all on the outside. Maybe there needs to be a tutorial for this! :confused:

I used them once, but didn't like it. It's been so long since I tried it though, I don't recall what exactly it was that made me just toss it on my desk. I'll have to try it again I guess. I had used it for my ipod earbuds.

I love the cord wraps. AC power cords are often long and bulky. I don't think it's made for that. I tell people it's for things like ear buds and such--those thin cords. I carry a portable charger with me, and it's perfect for keeping that cord wrangled in my purse. I carry lots of different cords in my van, and it works well for those as well.

Yes, I am thinking it is made for ear buds more specifically than power cords. Though, of course you don't realize that until you have it!Here is the picture I took. By the time it gets to the end of the cord, there is no more room and I have to try to shove it in. Then I need to shove the actual connector piece in so it stays put. Takes a little bit of time. I was using a piece of velcro to secure the cord and I think I may just go back to that! It's a shame since I was really looking forward to this as being a nicer way to transport my power cord! Oh well! cordwrap.jpg

For cords like that, I use a "tie-it". I just pull the cord up, and then wrap one of those around it. They hold very well.

1795-lg.jpg

I recently moved and this actually helped coral all my cords. I had my (really long) kindle cord and ipad cord wrapped in a figure 8 and put on on each side and it kept them in place.

1. Why is wrapping the power cord on my Pampered Chef appliance so difficult?

The power cord on Pampered Chef appliances may feel cumbersome because it is designed to be longer than other appliance cords. This extra length allows for more flexibility and convenience in the kitchen.

2. How should I go about wrapping the power cord on my Pampered Chef appliance?

To properly wrap the power cord, start by coiling the cord loosely around your hand. Then, wrap the cord around the appliance, making sure to leave a small loop at the end to secure the cord in place.

3. Is there a specific way to wrap the power cord to prevent tangling?

Yes, there is a specific way to wrap the power cord to prevent tangling. Make sure to always start with the plug end of the cord and wrap it in the same direction as the cord naturally coils. This will help prevent tangles and make it easier to unravel when needed.

4. Can I use any other method to wrap the power cord on my Pampered Chef appliance?

While there are other methods for wrapping power cords, we recommend following the specific instructions for Pampered Chef appliances to ensure the cord is properly secured and easy to unravel when needed.

5. Why is it important to properly wrap the power cord on my Pampered Chef appliance?

Properly wrapping the power cord not only prevents tangles, but it also helps to keep the cord in good condition for longer use. It also makes it easier to store the appliance when not in use and prevents any potential damage to the cord.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pcheframsey
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • MomToEli