• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Share a Copyrighted Recipe Picture from Dash Recipes on Social Media?

In summary, a copy right rule on pictures is a legal protection that grants the creator of an original photograph or image exclusive rights to control and distribute its use. This includes the right to reproduce, display, and sell the image. As the creator, you automatically hold the copy right to your pictures, but it is recommended to register them for added legal protection. It is not advisable to use pictures with a copyright mark without obtaining permission from the owner, as it can result in legal consequences. Exceptions to copy right rules on pictures include fair use for educational or informational purposes and images in the public domain. In most countries, copy right for pictures lasts for the life of the creator plus 70 years after their death, after which the image enters the
aried
Gold Member
In today's Parade magazine had a great muffin recipes from Dash. I found a PDF file on line for it and wanted to post it but it had a copy right on the picture so I just posted the link to Dash Recipes on my facebook page. So was I correct in that I could not post it since it was copy righted?

You are just sharing it I looked you up alot of Ann R Illinois freinded one not sure if it was yours had me interested in seeing the recipe.

As long as you reference back to the source, you are good to go. You just can't take the photo & use it as "your" photo. Sharing & giving them free advertising shouldn't be an issue. ;)

1. What is a copy right rule on pictures?

A copy right rule on pictures is a legal protection that grants the creator of an original photograph or image the exclusive rights to control and distribute its use. This includes the right to reproduce, display, and sell the image.

2. Do I need to obtain copy right for all pictures I take?

Yes, as the creator of the image, you automatically hold the copy right to your pictures. However, it is recommended to register your images with the appropriate copyright office for added legal protection.

3. Can I use pictures that have a copy right mark on them?

No, it is not advisable to use pictures with a copyright mark without obtaining permission from the owner. Using copyrighted material without authorization can result in legal consequences.

4. Are there any exceptions to copy right rules on pictures?

Yes, there are certain exceptions to copy right rules on pictures such as fair use for educational or informational purposes, or if the image is in the public domain. However, it is best to consult a legal professional for specific cases.

5. How long does copy right last for pictures?

In most countries, copy right for pictures lasts for the life of the creator plus 70 years after their death. After this time, the image enters the public domain and can be used freely by anyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pchockeymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • NooraK