• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Pampered Chef ever sell a cooling rack without legs?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the Stackable Cooling Rack from Pampered Chef. The original version did not have legs, but the new version does and can also be stacked on top of the old one. It was mentioned that the purpose of a cooling rack is to allow air to circulate, making the stackable version more practical. It was also noted that the missing legs may be removable and the speaker offered to help the grandmother upgrade to the new version.
Jacey
So, I'm having my first show next weekend and I hand delivered an invitation and a catalog to my grandmother yesterday. She sat there and went through it, pointing out stuff she thought she may like, when she saw the Stackable Cooling Rack.

She says she purchased one of these at a PC party like 5 years ago. However, she said that it does not have "legs" on it, that it just lays flat, so she puts it on her sink, where she says it fits perfectly.

I didn't ask her to see it at that time, but now I've gotten to wondering about this. Did PC ever sell a cooling rack that wasn't stackable and that didn't have legs or a stand of some sort? If so, I find that sort of odd, as the purpose of a cooling rack is to get air beneath it. If they haven't, then I'm not sure where her legs went? LOL, are they removeable?

Tracy

Yes, the original cooling rack did not have legs. It did, however, have very small legs (maybe 1/4 inch and doesn't fold or anything). It is nice to have as a base to the newer cooling rack.

Thanks!Thanks for the answer! That makes sense then and now I don't have to worry that my grandmother lost part of her cooling rack.

Tracy

Jacey said:
Thanks for the answer! That makes sense then and now I don't have to worry that my grandmother lost part of her cooling rack.

Tracy
And, FYI: The new cooling rack DOES fit on top of the old one to stack.

Thank you for sharing this story about your grandmother and her experience with the Stackable Cooling Rack. It's always interesting to hear about how our products have been used and enjoyed over the years. To answer your question, yes, Pampered Chef did sell a non-stackable cooling rack in the past. It was designed to lay flat on a countertop or sink, and did not have legs or a stand. However, as you mentioned, the purpose of a cooling rack is to allow air to circulate around the baked goods, so the stackable version is definitely a more versatile and practical option.As for your grandmother's missing legs, I can't say for sure without seeing the product, but it's possible that they were removable and she may have misplaced them over time. If she's interested in upgrading to the stackable version, I would be happy to help her out and answer any further questions she may have.Best of luck with your first show next weekend! I hope your grandmother and other guests enjoy browsing through the catalog and finding new products to love. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any assistance. Happy cooking!

What is the purpose of a cooling rack?

A cooling rack is used to allow baked goods to cool evenly and quickly, preventing them from becoming soggy or overcooked on the bottom.

Can I use a cooling rack for anything other than baked goods?

Yes, a cooling rack can also be used for allowing cooked meats to rest and drain excess oils, as well as for decorating and icing cakes and cookies.

How do I clean a cooling rack?

Cooling racks can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a sponge or in the dishwasher. For tougher stains, you can use a baking soda paste and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing.

Can I put a hot baking sheet directly onto a cooling rack?

No, it is not recommended to put a hot baking sheet directly onto a cooling rack as it can cause the rack to warp or melt. It is best to let the baking sheet cool for a few minutes before transferring the baked goods onto the cooling rack.

Do I need to oil or grease a cooling rack before using it?

No, a cooling rack does not need to be greased before use. However, if you are concerned about sticking, you can lightly spray the rack with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper before placing the baked goods on it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Teresa LM
  • Products and Tips
Replies