• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dyeing Cool Whip for Trifles: Experiences & Techniques

In summary, to dye Cool Whip for trifles without altering the consistency, you will need Cool Whip, food coloring (preferably gel), and a mixing bowl. Natural food coloring can also be used, but the color may not be as vibrant. It is best to dye Cool Whip no more than 24 hours in advance and any leftover dyed Cool Whip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.
PamperedinAvon
Has anyone tried to dye Cool Whip? I know mixing it too much can cause it to become soupy, but I thought maybe it could be gently blended with a powder or gel dye. Has anyone had any success or failure with this?

I'd like to dye Cool Whip orange as a layer in my chocolate trifles at shows this month.

THANKS! :)

what a neat idea...interested to see results.

I've done the gel and just folded very gently. What an awesome idea for trifles!

You can always do orange jello powder if you don't mind flavoring it as well! (and then it will "set" a little and it holds shape pretty well)

Yum Yum Yum!!

I always dye it with wilton food paste for frostings

What ingredients do I need to dye Cool Whip for trifles?

You will need Cool Whip, food coloring, and a mixing bowl.

How do I dye Cool Whip for trifles without altering the consistency?

To prevent changes in consistency, use gel food coloring instead of liquid. Start with a small amount and gradually add more until you reach your desired color.

Can I use natural food coloring to dye Cool Whip for trifles?

Yes, you can use natural food coloring such as beet juice or turmeric powder. Keep in mind that the color may not be as vibrant as artificial food coloring.

How far in advance can I dye Cool Whip for trifles?

It is best to dye Cool Whip no more than 24 hours in advance. Any longer may cause the color to fade or the consistency to change.

Can I use Cool Whip that has already been dyed for other desserts?

Yes, you can use dyed Cool Whip for other desserts. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • beepampered