• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cool Veggie Pizza with Prepared Dough: Can It Work?

In summary, this conversation discusses making a pizza using prepared dough. It is mentioned that any type of prepared dough, such as pizza dough or puff pastry dough, can be used. Pre-baking the dough is not necessary and the pizza can be made ahead of time by assembling the dough and toppings separately. Frozen vegetables can also be used, but should be thawed and drained beforehand. The pizza will stay fresh for 1-2 days in the refrigerator or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
ChefMary412
Can I make the cool veggie pizza with prepared pizza dough? I have it and wanted to use it up. I thought it might work...

Are you talking about a pre-made pizza dough that you buy in the deli department? I don't see why not. The crust will be thicker...you might want to add more cream cheese mixture. That is what is so wonderful about our recipes...most of the time if you don't have something you can substitute something else.

I was going to use the Pillsbury kind that is recommended for the garden pizza. thanks!!

ChefMary412 said:
I was going to use the Pillsbury kind that is recommended for the garden pizza. thanks!!

I have done that and it worked and tasted great :)

Absolutely! The cool veggie pizza is a great way to use up any extra prepared pizza dough you may have. Simply roll out the dough and follow the recipe as directed. You can even get creative and add some of your own favorite veggies on top. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of prepared dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of prepared dough such as pizza dough, crescent roll dough, or puff pastry dough for this recipe. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions on the package for best results.

2. Do I need to pre-bake the prepared dough before adding the toppings?

It is not necessary to pre-bake the prepared dough before adding the toppings. The dough will cook along with the toppings in the oven and become crispy and golden brown.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing the dough and toppings separately and assembling them right before serving. You can also make the entire pizza ahead of time and reheat it in the oven before serving.

4. Can I use frozen vegetables for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen vegetables for this recipe, but make sure to thaw and drain them before using. Excess moisture from the frozen vegetables can make the crust soggy.

5. How long will the Cool Veggie Pizza with Prepared Dough stay fresh?

This pizza will stay fresh for 1-2 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the pizza for up to 3 months, just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
chefmickey1