• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cool & Serve Tray competition product

krahema

Feb 23, 2010
I imagine that would be VERY heavy to tote around once there was a big block of ice in it! I agree - ours is much more versatile :)

Jen1409

Sep 2, 2009
I would not want to lug that thing around

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
That one is nothing like ours. It's harder to use, less versitile and fits less food. Yea! PC!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Definitely not as much food (nor as attractive!!), but what happens when the ice melts- you have lots of water- so you'll have to dump it before transporting.

vanscootin

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 9, 2010
that thing was ugly! I wouldn't carry that anywhere!

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
That has to be one of the most laughable things I've seen in a while.

kdangel518

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2009
When I first saw the picture the first word that came to my mind was "eeewww!" I can't imagine that selling. It barely holds any food and it's huge!

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
Ours is much, much nicer--at least in pix--can't wait to receive the one I earned!

Bren706

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2007
What a mess that block of ice turned to water would be!

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I don't think I could fit that base in my freezer. Certainly wouldn't work to turn it on its side. :D

BlueMoon

Advanced Member
Apr 30, 2010
My MIL bought this one a few months ago. It is nice sized but messy once the ice melts. She can't wait to buy ours next month!

Cold Bowl On Ice Serving Bowl - Summer Chillin': Keeping It Cool!

I had that one!! we loved it, but it was a little messy..then we lost the little grate that keeps the veggies out of the ice--now it's just a plastic bowl..

I love this thread because every time I look at that thing that DessertDiva posted I laugh!

Can't wait for the cool n' serve!

Marghi

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
I saw a chilling tray in the grocery store today (don't think I could find a link if I tried, as I didn't pay enough attention to the name). It was similar to the above in concept - bowl which you fill with ice cubes on the bottom, place your tray over it. Then I walked the next end-of-aisle display, which featured 'salad bags' (this would be 'competition' to our Salad Spinner). I REALLY need to start talking to people as I stand in line, so I can educate them about QUALITY products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
krystalscooking
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views