• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cool and Serve Tray...to Order or Not to Order? That Is the Question.

Or maybe tack it on to one of my hosts orders in June? - my best friend is having a show and I know she wouldn't mind.In summary, the conversation revolved around the decision of whether or not to order the Cool and Serve Tray at a discounted price or wait for a kit enhancement or tack it onto a host's order. The group discussed the product's usefulness for summer sales and the appeal of its pictures. Some shared personal experiences and gave advice on purchasing products and not feeling pressured to buy everything. Ultimately, it was suggested to order the tray on a friend's show with a host discount and commissionable sales.
bridedream
I didn't earn the Cool and Serve Tray in May. And really, it's not a question of whether or not to order, but when and how. Should I order it at a 20% discount so I can show it at my June shows? Or wait for my kit enhancement? Or maybe tack it on to one of my hosts orders in June? - my best friend is having a show and I know she wouldn't mind.

Well, what do you guys think?

Its a terrific product and perfect for summer sales. I have no idea when you'll qualify for your kit enhancement.

RMDave said:
Its a terrific product and perfect for summer sales. I have no idea when you'll qualify for your kit enhancement.

I started March 30. So the end of July, right?

I think you're overanalyzing it way too much. It's a great product. You'll want it to show off so you can sell it, and so you can use it. Just get it on a personal order so you have it right away. Don't let summer pass you by without the Cool & Serve!

bridedream said:
I started March 30. So the end of July, right?

The end of July...it sounds so close, but it's 2 months from now, then another few days for delivery......Where I live, we have lovely weather all year 'round. Do you need it now to take advantage of summer?

Another factor is the pictures are so darn great. They really sell it. I haven't seen one in person, but I think I could sell them just by showing the flyer.

As someone else new to this world, I'll be interested to hear what you decide.

Marghi

I stayed up on June 1st, until 1 AM, EDST, just so I could get my order in the quickest possible time. I think it is a real winner. I have always loved the Chillzanne, and this
replaces the ones they discontinued last year. I'm curious what the dimensions will be,
and how the dozen eggs (cut in half 24), will fit in this new product.

I don't have one and have sold it with the flier. I tend to choose items to buy based on what I want to use, not based on what to show people. If you want it and can afford it, get it. With PC, don't ever feel you HAVE to have something. Except the DCB, of course!!

Dotty, I would have saved myself a lot of money if I had started out with your philosophy. I mistakenly convinced myself to buy the A package of new products almost every change over. I have a garage full of PC products that are like new. They got too heavy to carry to all my shows, and eventually, I realized I did not have to have all of the new products to show. I just know I will use the new Cool and Chill Square Tray a lot with my RVing, cause it looks like it will take up less space, and I like the versitility, of the various compartments. To each his/her own.

I saw one (4 of them actually!) at a cluster meeting last night. They are awesome and I can't wait to order one. It is 12x12 and looks bigger in person than in print, IMHO.

Order it on your friend's show on her host order with her discount. It will count toward your commissionable sales for earning PC bucks as well as June SAT.

Grandmarita said:
Dotty, I would have saved myself a lot of money if I had started out with your philosophy. I mistakenly convinced myself to buy the A package of new products almost every change over. I have a garage full of PC products that are like new. They got too heavy to carry to all my shows, and eventually, I realized I did not have to have all of the new products to show. I just know I will use the new Cool and Chill Square Tray a lot with my RVing, cause it looks like it will take up less space, and I like the versitility, of the various compartments. To each his/her own.

Yep, and I'm repeating the mantra to myself every time I get tempted to order stuff! I keep waffling over the tray but I really don't need it. I would definitely get it if I didn't already have the rectangular Chillzane that I love and use. :)

bridedream said:
I didn't earn the Cool and Serve Tray in May. And really, it's not a question of whether or not to order, but when and how. Should I order it at a 20% discount so I can show it at my June shows? Or wait for my kit enhancement? Or maybe tack it on to one of my hosts orders in June? - my best friend is having a show and I know she wouldn't mind.

Well, what do you guys think?

Gah, I just re-read the original post. Sorry about the misread!!

So, my REAL answer is: It all depends on your finances and when your kit enhancement month is. I started in Feb and my kit enhancement is June. If you can afford it and want it, then get it. Write it off. :)

I used some PC dollars and ordered it. So really, it didn't cost me anything! I hope it is a big seller!

bridedream said:
I used some PC dollars and ordered it. So really, it didn't cost me anything! I hope it is a big seller!

I had my last May show on the 28th - I booked 3 Summer parties because of the Cool & Serve.

I had my first June show tonight - I sold 3 Cool & Serves, and booked another Summer party!

I earned mine so had it to show at a "little party" last night...only 4 people attended. Sold 3, plus host ordered one as her item - past host ordered one as her item; and today hostess called and added 2 more in her add on orders. Honestly - I was turned off by the price but I can say I'm quite happy about me "being wrong!"
Looking forward to meeting you all in Chicago! and I will be a director by then!

Grandmarita said:
I stayed up on June 1st, until 1 AM, EDST, just so I could get my order in the quickest possible time. I think it is a real winner. I have always loved the Chillzanne, and this
replaces the ones they discontinued last year. I'm curious what the dimensions will be,
and how the dozen eggs (cut in half 24), will fit in this new product.

haha.... so did I!! I thought I was the only one who would do that. :)

Today's host was booked off my friend's show. Well she did REALLY, REALLY well! So my friend doesn't want a special so she's giving it to me. Cool and Serve, here I come!

My ex director was fond of telling us that we have a beautiful catalog that illlustrates everything. So you don't have to have it all. But ESPECIALLY if you don't have the chilzanne, you'll use it all the time. So if you need it, get it. Otherwise, hold off but still get it. In my opinion, it's not a summer thing. It also keeps food cold at indoor parties.

I'm fond of telling people, "How much would a case of food poisoning cost you?"

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'm fond of telling people, "How much would a case of food poisoning cost you?"

I'll be stealing that line.

RMDave said:
I'll be stealing that line.

Me, too! That's a great one.

What is the purpose of the Cool and Serve Tray?

The Cool and Serve Tray is designed to keep food items cool and fresh while being served. It is perfect for outdoor events, picnics, and potlucks.

How does the Cool and Serve Tray work?

The tray has a gel-filled layer that, when frozen, acts as a cold source to keep food chilled. Simply place the tray in the freezer for a few hours before use and then add your food items on top.

Can I use the Cool and Serve Tray for hot foods?

No, the tray is not designed for hot foods. It is meant to keep cold foods cool and fresh.

Is the Cool and Serve Tray dishwasher safe?

Yes, the tray is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the tray to prolong its lifespan.

Do I need to order the Cool and Serve Tray?

It depends on your need for a convenient and efficient way to keep cold foods fresh while serving. If you frequently host outdoor events or attend potlucks, the Cool and Serve Tray may be a valuable addition to your kitchen. However, if you rarely need to keep food chilled while serving, it may not be necessary to order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DeeDee616
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amandaC
Replies