• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Tips: Using Ice Cubes to Boost Sales on Cookware

In summary, putting an ice cube in a small saucepan can show how evenly the pan heats and cools. This demonstration is great with a small saucepan, or you could try the quick garlic bites recipe on the How to Sell Our Collections CD.
chefautumn
I just invested in the small saute pan, not only for myself but hopefully to increase sales on cookware.
I think I remember reading on here about placing a ice cube in the pan and passing it around the room.
Could someone please explain the details for me??
Thank You

Well the idea here is to show how evenly the pan heats and in this case cools, you would put an ice cube in the pan and one in something else to show how fast the cube melts in the pan because it conducts heat on its own, you should pass the pan around before and after to show the pan isn't heated up in the beginning and after you add the ice cube pass it around to show that the sides of the pan are cool also and the ice cube is just in the bottom. You can do the same with an ice cube in the ice cream dipper.

I have one of the smaller sauce pans and I do this demo with that instead only because it shows even better how evenly it distributes the coolness....ALL the way up the "walls" of the sauce pan. This demo is great with the small saute pan too. Or you could try those quick garlic bites and the recipe is probably around here somewhere, but they talk about it on that How to Sell Our Collections CD that we got at the start of the new season. I want to try that at my next show!

I've listened to the collections CD 3 dozen times by now, and have done the ice trick many times, always get oohs and ahhs, but no takers on actually buying the cookware yet.

The idea is that you put a piece or two of ice in the small saute pan. Wait maybe a minute or two. Then say, our cookware is made of hard-anodized aluminum, which means it's an excellent conductor of heat. I'm passing around our small saute pan with an ice cube in it which is quickly melting. You can see just how evenly our pans heat and cool (if i passed around a pot of boiling water, you wouldn't be so thrilled:) and your water will even take a bit less time to come to a boil in our pans because the sides of our pans are the same temperature as the bottom.

I usually add something about with my old pans having to move the pieces of chicken around so that the chicken on the left side of the pan got as cooked as the right, etc.

HTH :)

Hi there! Congrats on your new small saute pan purchase! It's always exciting to add new cookware to our collection. As for the ice cube trick, it's a great way to showcase the non-stick capabilities of our pans. Simply heat the pan on medium-high heat until it's hot, then drop in an ice cube. You'll see it slide around effortlessly without sticking to the pan. This is a great way to demonstrate to potential customers how easy it is to cook with our non-stick pans. Hope this helps! Happy cooking!

What is "Cookware W/ Ice Cube" and how does it work?

"Cookware W/ Ice Cube" is a line of cookware from Pampered Chef that features an innovative design incorporating an ice cube tray into the lid. The ice cube tray can be filled with water and frozen, then placed inside the lid of the cookware to create a steam effect that helps cook food evenly and prevents burning.

What types of recipes can I make with "Cookware W/ Ice Cube"?

You can make a wide variety of recipes with "Cookware W/ Ice Cube". This cookware is great for dishes that require even heating and moisture, such as steamed vegetables, rice, and fish. You can also use it for soups, stews, and casseroles.

Is "Cookware W/ Ice Cube" safe to use?

Yes, "Cookware W/ Ice Cube" is completely safe to use. The cookware is made from high-quality materials and has been thoroughly tested to ensure its safety. The ice cube tray is also made from food-grade silicone that is BPA-free and heat-resistant.

Can I put the "Cookware W/ Ice Cube" in the dishwasher?

Yes, "Cookware W/ Ice Cube" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the cookware and ice cube tray to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage from dishwashing detergents.

What are the benefits of using "Cookware W/ Ice Cube"?

The "Cookware W/ Ice Cube" line offers many benefits, including even cooking and preventing food from burning. It also helps retain moisture in food, allowing for more flavorful and tender dishes. This cookware is also versatile and can be used for a wide range of recipes, making it a must-have in any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • OhmyDLM
  • Products and Tips
Replies