• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Brown Stains from Cookware: Troubleshooting Tips

In summary, the small brown stains on the bottom of the pan are most likely caused by something on the pan itself, most likely a residue left from previous uses. There is no easy way to remove the marks, but using a paste of baking soda and water may help.
bridgetbakes
So I just used my 8" saute pan for the 4th time to grill a cheese sandwich. I noticed afterward that it left some small brown stains on the bottom of the pan (exterior) even after I cleaned it. The sandwich was "well done" but not burned. I can't seem to get the stain out and am bummed because after using it the other times it looked so pretty and brand new!

Anyone know if there is a way to remove such marks or know if there is something I may have done incorrectly?

Try a paste of baking soda and water and see if this helps. Let it sit on there for a while. If it doesn't come off, contact HO and see if they have any further suggestions. Is it the professional or executive? You could also inquire about getting it replaced and see what they say. Good luck!:)

on the very bottom of both of my saute pans there's brown spots on it!

I'm not sure what's causing it but my mom has a glass top and hers doesn't do it.

I still have the round burners so maybe that's the cause

me tooI had this happen to my 8" saute Executive pan. I sent it back for replacement. On the first use with the new one I had spots again...I dont know if this is a defect or what...it hasnt happened with any of my other Executive cookware though.:(

I have them and I have a gas stove. I imagine that's what's doing it to mine.

I have them and have a glass stove...

Diane

I have them and have a smooth-top electric stove. I know sometimes it's caused by water spots (water on the pan and cooks "onto" it or whatever). I wish I knew how to remove them.

I have them and have a glass top stove. I have had good luck in removing them by using a scrub pad - I think 3m makes them - they're flat and green.

I have the glass top stove, and I thought there maybe was a crumb or something on the glasstop, and I didn't see it, so when I turned it on, and put the pan on top of the crumb it burned on...
Mine has a streak, or smear...
I heard those Magic Erasers work... I tried it and couldn't get it off. Maybe I waited too long, I used that pan over and over before I tried the Magic Eraser. Maybe it would work if you try it immediately after seeing the spot?

I'll have to try the baking soda thing... but it is hard to sell something and say how nice it looks hanging up when there are spots on the bottom.... But, then again, they are Pots! How perfect are they supposed to stay looking.

The outer bottoms are not the nonstick, only the outer sides, and insides.

What causes cookware stains?

Cookware stains can be caused by a variety of factors such as acidic or high-heat foods, mineral deposits in water, and grease buildup.

How can I prevent cookware stains?

To prevent cookware stains, it is important to properly clean and dry your cookware after each use. Avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces and avoid cooking highly acidic or sugary foods in your cookware. Using a cookware protector or towel between stacked pots and pans can also help prevent staining.

Can I remove stains from my cookware?

Yes, many cookware stains can be removed with proper cleaning techniques. Use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the stain. For tougher stains, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and let it sit on the stain for a few minutes before scrubbing.

Is it safe to use bleach or other harsh chemicals on cookware stains?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh chemicals or bleach on cookware stains as they can damage the surface of the cookware and potentially be harmful to your health. Stick to using non-abrasive cleaners and natural remedies.

What can I do if my cookware is permanently stained?

If your cookware is permanently stained, it may be time to replace it. It is important to properly care for your cookware to prevent staining and extend its lifespan. Consider investing in high-quality, durable cookware that is less likely to stain in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mistym
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
emo812
Replies
Views
k1tchng0ddess