• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Teflon Cookware: Scratch or Not?

In summary, non-Teflon cookware is not completely scratch-proof but can withstand more wear than Teflon. To clean it without causing damage, use warm water, mild dish soap, and a soft sponge or cloth. It is safe to use on high heat, but overheating can still cause damage. Non-Teflon cookware is safe for use with all types of food and can last for several years with proper care. Regularly check for scratches and replace if necessary.
micocina
Gold Member
I know that our cookware is not anywhere close to Teflon, but does the material that it is made out of scratch off like Teflon? Sorry, it is a dumb question. What exactly are they made out of?

Just be sure to tell people to use nylon tools, our silicone scrapers or our bamboo tools in them and they won't scratch. You shouldn't use any kind of metal utensil. Those will scratch the surface and make it prone to flaking off eventually.

I had a friend call and say that her Prof. Family Skillet was starting to flake, and she swears she doesn't abuse it. I gave her the number to call, but have any of you had any problems with flaking?

nopeI've had my professional cookware for 2 years now, and it has never scratched or flaked. As long as you use it correctly, it shouldn't.

I took great care of my professional 8" saute pan but I did use it almost every day and after about a year it started to flake. So, it seems like some are fine forever and others not so much...I almost wonder if there are some defective ones out there.

This is exactly why they are Lifetime Warranty!!! Anything goes wrong, send it back and get a new one!!!! -----And it doesn't say whose lifetime!!! :D

1. Is non-Teflon cookware scratch-proof?

No, non-Teflon cookware is not completely scratch-proof. While it is more durable than Teflon, it can still be scratched by sharp utensils or metal scouring pads. It is important to use non-metal utensils and gentle cleaning methods to prevent scratches.

2. How do I clean non-Teflon cookware without damaging it?

To clean non-Teflon cookware, it is best to use warm water, mild dish soap, and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using metal scouring pads or harsh chemicals, as these can cause damage to the surface. For tougher stains, you can soak the cookware in warm, soapy water before cleaning.

3. Can I use non-Teflon cookware on high heat?

Yes, non-Teflon cookware is safe to use on high heat. In fact, it can withstand higher temperatures than Teflon cookware. However, it is still important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid overheating the cookware, as this can cause damage to the surface.

4. Is non-Teflon cookware safe for use with all types of food?

Yes, non-Teflon cookware is safe for use with all types of food. It does not release any harmful chemicals or toxins when heated, unlike Teflon. This makes it a healthier option for cooking.

5. How long does non-Teflon cookware last?

The lifespan of non-Teflon cookware varies, depending on the quality of the material and how well it is cared for. Generally, it can last for several years with proper use and maintenance. It is important to regularly check for scratches and replace the cookware if it becomes significantly damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefani
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • PC Latoya
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • kcjodih