• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

News from the Loop: Return Policy Change & Pro Pan Item #

the pan is treated properly and doesn't have any abrasive materials in the cooking surface (ie: no PAM) then it should last a long time. I do tell people this at my shows. I tell them that they will never have to worry about the surface bubbling or popping off and that they will wear out the pan before that happens. If...the pan is treated properly and doesn't have any abrasive materials in the cooking surface (ie: no PAM) then it should last a long time.
finley1991
Just got this from another loop... has anyone heard about this?

In a message dated 3/19/2010 10:23:40 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, chefal...@earthl...
Does anyone know the item number for the Professional Sauté Pan & Professional Stir-Fry Skillet? Also do you know what year we stopped selling Professional? Sorry to ask the loop but I don’t have any old catalogs.

By the way, We will all be hearing about a new return policy in the next weekly bites for the cookware that the company is putting in place. That’s what I was just told, and I was also told that In one week the company had 400 pieces of cookware they received being returned. So they said that the return policy is being abused and that now when any cookware is returned it will go through some sort of a “jury” process to see if the cookware was misused with metal utensils etc, and will either be exchanged or refused.

In a message dated 3/19/2010 10:23:40 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
maryg...@netz...
AND they (HO) will determine if pam was used on the surface to dull and muck up the non-stick coating properties. (or if the cookware was placed in the dishwasher)

interesting.....I did hear from a SC supervisor that they were reviewing what to do, esp since the stock of Professional is pretty well depleted. Both my sisters have Prof and are giving me grief about it...

This could get ugly. I have seen the Professional turn bad and it was not misused. I can just see this turning into losing customers if they have used it properly but HO says no. Egads!

baychef said:
This could get ugly. I have seen the Professional turn bad and it was not misused. I can just see this turning into losing customers if they have used it properly but HO says no. Egads!

I'm with genius. The professional is not nearly as good as the executive ( IMO.)
I had to send back one of my own pieces a year or so ago. And we did not misuse it.
Ay yi yi...

beckyjsmith said:
I'm with genius. The professional is not nearly as good as the executive ( IMO.)
I had to send back one of my own pieces a year or so ago. And we did not misuse it.
Ay yi yi...

I COMPLETELY Agree. same thing here. I baby my cookware.

Anyone who has the professional family skillet already has to pay an upcharge to get the Exec. Family Skillet since those are now gone. I've had 2 very upset customers who said lifetime is lifetime... and they are NOT happy about the upcharge and I did speak with a CS at HO that gave me loads of details about this new policy.. every piece will be hand inspected for mis-use. She did not tell me anything about Pam/Spray. Does the use and care card state not to use that? I tell people not to and I don't but does it say it? She told me they had pieces that had very obviously been used over campfires, and on grills that were replaced. Sigh... That is most definetely not normal everyday use.

From my director, who also sent a note to someone in the HO..

Thanks for the post, I have sent it to SVP of Operations, Rich Hlava and our Director of Customer Solutions, Gennie Nuzzo for their comments, they have thoroughly vetted this issue.

Yes, the inspection process is new and needed! You can't imagine what people send in, some who clearly just want to replace their sets before the end of the warranty, some that are clearly abused (campfires and even a pan with a hole in the bottom!), and most where there is clear abuse. We are simply enforcing what the guarantee already states.

Thanks - I'll get back with you!

I have to side with HO on this. The guarantee states that it covers manufacturer defects, not normal wear and tear. Non stick, no matter who you buy it from or who makes it, will wear out. It's like paint on a car. Even the most loved car, one that is wash, waxed and garaged, will still rust and the paint will still degrade over time.

Non stick is not a 'lifetime' as in you'll have it your whole life, product. It will wear out. Ours may last longer than what you'd buy at Wal-Mart, but the simple fact remains, it will wear out over time/use.

I do tell people this at my shows. I tell them that they will never have to worry about the surface bubbling or popping off and that they will wear out the pan before that happens. If they are looking for cookware that they can use for all of their adult life and never replace, then Stainless Steel or cast iron is the only way to go.

It burns me to no end when people think that we should replace a 10 year old pan for a new one when it starts sticking because the surface has worn out.

DebChefIA said:
I have to side with HO on this. The guarantee states that it covers manufacturer defects, not normal wear and tear. Non stick, no matter who you buy it from or who makes it, will wear out. It's like paint on a car. Even the most loved car, one that is wash, waxed and garaged, will still rust and the paint will still degrade over time.

Non stick is not a 'lifetime' as in you'll have it your whole life, product. It will wear out. Ours may last longer than what you'd buy at Wal-Mart, but the simple fact remains, it will wear out over time/use.

I do tell people this at my shows. I tell them that they will never have to worry about the surface bubbling or popping off and that they will wear out the pan before that happens. If they are looking for cookware that they can use for all of their adult life and never replace, then Stainless Steel or cast iron is the only way to go.

It burns me to no end when people think that we should replace a 10 year old pan for a new one when it starts sticking because the surface has worn out.
I thought the warranty only excluded misuse and not following the use and care instructions. Otherwise lifetime is a misnomer.

Lifetime Guarantee [return to top] (according to the PIG online)
Lifetime guarantee for noncommercial use. Refer to sales receipt for details. The guarantee excludes damage caused by abuse or misuse (such as improper cleaning, overheating, dishwasher cleaning, use of caustic or other unapproved cleaners), ordinary wear and tear, or an act of God.

Why can't they be used on a grill? What's the difference between that and a gas stove top? As long as you don't close the lid so that the temp gets too high I can't see why it can't be used that way. That's kind of a big deal in Florida when we get hit with hurricanes.

DebChefIA said:

I totally agree that people send it things that are clearly abused, however, if this is the case, then there should be a 10 year guarantee not a lifetime. If the stainless and cast iron will last forever, then that should be a lifetime.

If not, then is should be made more clear by HO. I feel this falls in some of the other "catch me if you can" things that are going on.

Even if they put limited lifetime warrenty...I would agree with that.

Ok, I need help. I have a really good friend who told me a couple of weeks ago that she needed to return two pieces of her cookware, that they were bubbling at the bottom. I told her no problem, to let me know which two pieces. So I read this post and emailed her and asked her to send me which pieces needed to be replaced and I'd get the adjustment done. This is what I received:

"12 qt. stockpot
8 qt. covered stockpot
4 qt. covered cassarole
3 qt. covered saucepan
2 qt. covered saucepan
1.5 qt. covered saucepan
8" saute pan
10" saute pan
10" skillet

Basically almost every piece needs needs replaced except for the big skillet. None of the lids need replaced.

Thanks!"

Um...wow. Ok, so I called and tried to figure out what is going on. She's obviously doing something she's not supposed to be if this many pieces have issues (but of course says she isn't). She said they were all pieces she got at the same time and wonders if they are a bad batch. I told her to tell me which ones she was the most concerned about (the TWO she told me she had a couple of weeks ago) and I went ahead and did adjustments. How would you guys handle this?? Like I said, she's my good friend (which makes it that much harder), but there is no way that every piece of cookware she has (except the big skillet) need to be replaced...ugh! What to do, what to do???

Tell her that PC has changed the way they handle cookware returns and that it would be in her best interest to call PC and chat with them about it. It's their policy, let them be the bearer of bad/good news.

baychef said:
I totally agree that people send it things that are clearly abused, however, if this is the case, then there should be a 10 year guarantee not a lifetime. If the stainless and cast iron will last forever, then that should be a lifetime.

If not, then is should be made more clear by HO. I feel this falls in some of the other "catch me if you can" things that are going on.

That is exactly what I was thinking Ann. I have always said that you will never need to buy cookware again but now I guess that I am going to have to adjsut what I am saying.

DebChefIA said:
Tell her that PC has changed the way they handle cookware returns and that it would be in her best interest to call PC and chat with them about it. It's their policy, let them be the bearer of bad/good news.

I like your answer Deb. Going to have to learn this one myself and teach my downline.

baychef said:

Ok, from now on I am going to think something in my head and Ann, if you don't mind, just write what I am thinking out for me, because you do a FABULOUS job.:D Seriously, I think I should just follow you around and say "yeah that."

Just for future reference, we should never say that our products have a warranty. Our products carry a guarantee, but a warranty infers that the product will be repaired in the future should it fail. Guarantee infers that the product, if it fails in the given guarantee period AND the failure is due to a manufacturers defect and not misuse/wear and tear, will be replaced.

Major legal difference. HO actually addresses this at times in some of the teleclass outlines as well as in the Business Guide.

I just had to do an adjustment on two pieces of Exec. The CS person called the nonstick TEFLON! Good grief. I always talk about how our nonstick surface isn't teflon
and then a CS person CALLS IT THAT! She said it really didn't matter what I called it... it's all the same thing. sigh.... I'm really tired of lousy cs people and I'm asking for supervisors every time I get one. I also did another adjustment a bit later and had an AMAZING and HAPPY CS person so I told her thank you and what a super job she did and asked if she could note my joy somewhere. She said I needed to transfer to her supervisor if I would and of course... If I'm going to complain about bad ones, I sure as anything am HAPPY to brag on the great ones so I did! there... done ranting. sorry...

beckyjsmith said:
Ok, from now on I am going to think something in my head and Ann, if you don't mind, just write what I am thinking out for me, because you do a FABULOUS job.:D Seriously, I think I should just follow you around and say "yeah that."

It is called having a career that you need to A.) covering your buns B) digging my feet out of my small intestine...plus I am not a "what is your sign" person, but I do fit the Libra...balance the scales, keep the peace but be as honest as I can (except to myself!).

I write better than I talk so if you follow me...have your sneakers on because you just may want to run!!!:D

Thank you for the compliment!

quiverfull7 said:
I just had to do an adjustment on two pieces of Exec. The CS person called the nonstick TEFLON! Good grief. I always talk about how our nonstick surface isn't teflon
and then a CS person CALLS IT THAT! She said it really didn't matter what I called it... it's all the same thing. sigh.... I'm really tired of lousy cs people and I'm asking for supervisors every time I get one. I also did another adjustment a bit later and had an AMAZING and HAPPY CS person so I told her thank you and what a super job she did and asked if she could note my joy somewhere. She said I needed to transfer to her supervisor if I would and of course... If I'm going to complain about bad ones, I sure as anything am HAPPY to brag on the great ones so I did! there... done ranting. sorry...

Good point!!! I may shoot out e-mails to them when I get a good one!!

And yes....the non-stick coating is a registered trademark from Dupont called teflon.
It is like calling a paper tissue a kleenex. Kleenex is a brand name. Maybe I'll start asking for a Puffs instead of a kleenex!!

DebChefIA said:

Thanks! This is what I'm going to do. I did two adjustments last night and got emails back with like 8 questions from home office that I forwarded to my friend to answer. Thanks again :)

baychef said:
Good point!!! I may shoot out e-mails to them when I get a good one!!

And yes....the non-stick coating is a registered trademark from Dupont called teflon.
It is like calling a paper tissue a kleenex. Kleenex is a brand name. Maybe I'll start asking for a Puffs instead of a kleenex!!

I was trained that teflon is sprayed on and that our Dupont (insert name here cuz I can't remember it) is baked on in a very different process. I truly need to know the true info about this. The newswire today with the statement that "normal wear and tear" isn't covered just seems odd to me. I am SO very careful with my exec. cookware but it still has little places in it that I'm not sure how they got there.. .like little dings and things... sigh... This should have been made more clear long ago I guess. I'm feeling stupid today.

Our coating is DuPont Autograph 2.

OMG!!! Did you look at the examples of abused cookware? GROSS! With returns like that there's no wonder that HO is getting stricter.

pamperedlinda said:
OMG!!! Did you look at the examples of abused cookware? GROSS! With returns like that there's no wonder that HO is getting stricter.

Yeah, I was shocked that people would send that back! Crazy! It's sad when people do stuff like that, that essentially ruins it for the rest of our customers (and us). I've never had so many questions asked when I did an adjustment, at least they are asking them now vs once they receive the piece back I guess :)

So, what gets me is the "normal wear and tear" line. It shouldn't be called a "lifetime guarantee" if it can't live up to normal wear and tear. It should be called "manufacture defect guarantee".

pamperedlinda said:

Where are the photos?

Deb-the photos were linked at the bottom of the cookware returns section of the newswire today.

I don't get lifetime guarantee and excludes normal wear and tear. How does that make sense? We have been taught to tell our customers they will never have to buy cookware again and now I can't say that anymore. What about the young married couple that expects to keep their cookware for their lives based on the statement lifetime guarantee?

Damage covered by our Lifetime Guarantee, due to manufacturer's or materials defects such as dents or scratches upon delivery, a broken handle or a silicone tear on the handle. In these instances, we'll gladly replace the customer's product or issue a refund.

This realy upset me. It sounds like a "we guarantee it will get to you in perfect shape after that too bad" promise.

I sent them an email about this:
Cookware - I totally get why you need to clarify and restrict the guarantee. Your statement sends a big mixed message though. You did not say it's covered if the non-stick develops bubbles from defect, for example - those do not always show up enough for a person to notice right away. The paragraph in the newswire made it sound like there's nothing to do with lifetime anything involved.

1. What is the new return policy for "News from the Loop"?

The new return policy for "News from the Loop" is that all items must be returned within 30 days of purchase and must be in their original packaging with a valid receipt. Returns will only be accepted for items that are defective or damaged upon arrival.

2. Can I still return "Pro Pan" item # if I am not satisfied with it?

Yes, you can still return the "Pro Pan" item # if you are not satisfied with it. However, it must be within 30 days of purchase and meet the criteria of the new return policy.

3. Will I receive a full refund for my returned item?

If your returned item meets the criteria of the new return policy, you will receive a full refund for the purchase price. Shipping and handling fees will not be refunded.

4. Can I exchange my "Pro Pan" item # for a different product?

No, exchanges are not allowed under the new return policy. You can return the item for a refund and then purchase the desired product separately.

5. Are there any exceptions to the new return policy for "News from the Loop"?

Yes, there are a few exceptions to the new return policy. Items that are marked as final sale or clearance cannot be returned. Additionally, any personalized or customized items cannot be returned unless they are damaged or defective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Back