1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rant Cookware returns

1. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

There must be something in the air, I've had 4 people in the last week contact me about returning their cookware Since the new return policy (or I should say enforcing the original return policy) I direct them directly to PC w/ the number and any info they may need if they purchased the cookware through me.

But what's killing me is people are getting upset w/ me and the return policy. I didn't make it. I try to direct them to complain to PC themselves, because they need to hear it from the customer themselves.

Okay I feel a little better, I needed to get it out. LOL

Feb 2, 2011
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Well, your saving grace is it is written down. You can't make them read it. Short of making them sign a piece of paper acknowledging they read it (which obviously you can't do), there is little else. We are not their mothers.

It stinks that people have to be that way.

Feb 2, 2011
  3. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

Can you explain what you mean by the "new return policy". Somehow, I have not heard about it. I have an Executive 10" saute pan that is showing signs of wear in the bottom, and it has a "06" date on it. I have always hand washed and dried. Only used a few times in my oven to demo garlic pull apart biscuits at 350 degrees, otherwise always on glass stovetop, or propane stove in our RV.

Feb 3, 2011
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think the "new" policy has been in effect for about a year now. Basically, HO will request that you send in the piece, and they will inspect it before they determine if the damage is covered by the guarantee. Basically, the generous policy was abused for too long, and now HO is doing what they need to do.

Feb 3, 2011
  5. ChefNelson

ChefNelson Member Gold Member

I've got to admit...I'm scared of the new policy. I have a problem with one of my pots and am about to send it to HO to inspect/replace, but I've been burned by other companies before and am worried they'll tell me I'm SOL with my pot.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

Feb 4, 2011
  6. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

Yes it's been in for about a year, when you send your pan in they will inspect and take photos of the cookware. If they feel you have not followed the use N care, they will send your pan back w/ a letter.

Thanks to too many people abusing the policy, it is a little more work.

Feb 4, 2011
  7. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

They just have to send the one piece, though, right? Not the whole set 9if it came from a set)?

Feb 4, 2011
  8. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Right, but if the piece includes a lid, then you must return the lid as well. I think the old Professional 10" Skillet falls into that category.

Feb 4, 2011
  9. JennyJennJen

JennyJennJen Member Gold Member

If they complain tell them the other big companies all do teh same thing with their lifetimes. I have a lifetime calphalon pan that started peeling, always did as was instructed, and had to send it to them for inspection before replacement as well...and had to pay return shipping for it. So, it is not like they can say that we are the only ones that do it.

Feb 4, 2011
  10. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

I've been a PC consultant since May 2005. In that time, I have sent back at least five pots and pans, after sending them photos I took before sending them. They have been very kind in replacing all of them. One of the faults I found on the Executive pots was that the center disk on the bottom was not smooth with the outer rims of the pan, so the butter in center of the 12" skillet did not melt, but if it was along the edge, it would melt. My husband is an Engineer, and held a Steel tee Square across the pan, and used a steel ruler to show the 4/16" of an inch gap at the bottom center of the pan. See attached photo. This flaw was found on several of that production line.

Attached Files:

Feb 5, 2011
  11. Malinda Klein

Malinda Klein Advanced Member Gold Member

I agree, i've had a 12 inch pan that has NEVER cooked evenly. I do love my pans, but i don't want to pay shipping for them to return it saying i misused it. And no, it has never been dishwashered or turned up on high...

12. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm the same way Malinda. I have a few minor spots on my 12" skillet, but don't want to send it in to have it rejected. I also have a few spots on my sauce pan. Mostly coating coming off the rim area which doesn't ever touch my food.

I like the idea of sending in a pic first. Smart!

Feb 7, 2011
Have something to add?