• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Cookware Steam: Tips and Advice for a Common Kitchen Issue

J
jjhoo01
I had a customer tell me that she has the cookware set and she really likes it, but she doesn't like how the steam runs over the pan. She said that when she has the lid on, even if the water isn't boiling over, the steam runs off the lid down the pan and into the burner. I didn't really know what to tell her. I don't use my lids much, and when I do the stuff usually boils over. I never noticed her problem. Does anyone know about this and what I can offer her for advice. She booked a show-so I'd like to be able to tell her something. Thanks.

Is she sure its steam? I have had that, but it was a boil over type. :)

I was reading some product reviews on www.epinions.com last night. Someone there was complaining about the same problem. I don't have the cookware yet, so I can't speak from experience. It was mentioned that it would be handy if there was a little vent to open/close on the lid to help some of the steam escape. I know that lids to electric frying pans have a vent (at least the older models did.)

I think the only solution would be to offset the lid a bit so some of the steam can escape. I have sent an e-mail to head office - I'll let you know what they say!

Last edited:
Steam - cookwareThanks for sending a note to HO, Sandy. I'm curious about the answer, too. Although I've never had any customer complaints, I have the same problem. I've been just off-setting the lid. If it's any consolation, I have Calphalon pots that do the same thing, so maybe it's not a PC problem, just a venting problem with this type of lid.

Thanks for sending a note to HO. I agree that it may just be because there is no vent in the lid to let steam out. Thanks for getting back to me.

1. Why is steam running over the pan when using the lid on my cookware set?

This is a common issue that can occur when using cookware with a lid. The steam from the boiling water can build up and create pressure, forcing it to escape from any available openings. In this case, it is running down the sides of the pan and into the burner.

2. How can I prevent this from happening?

One solution is to slightly tilt the lid to create a small opening for the steam to escape. This will release the pressure and prevent the steam from running over the pan. Another option is to use a lid with a steam vent, which allows the steam to escape without creating pressure.

3. Are there any other potential causes for this issue?

Another possible cause could be the size of the lid. If the lid is too small for the pot or pan, it may not fit securely and allow steam to escape. It is important to use the correct size lid for your cookware to ensure a proper fit.

4. Can this issue be resolved with any specific cookware set?

This issue is not specific to any particular cookware set. However, some sets may come with lids that have steam vents or fit more securely, which can help prevent steam from running over the pan. It is important to research and carefully choose a cookware set that meets your needs.

5. Are there any additional tips for troubleshooting this issue?

In addition to the previously mentioned solutions, another tip is to keep the lid slightly ajar to allow for proper ventilation. You can also try adjusting the heat to a lower setting to reduce the amount of steam produced. If these solutions do not work, it may be helpful to consult the manufacturer or a cooking expert for further advice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies