• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding the Right Lid: Comparing Generation & Professional Pieces

In summary, the Generation and Professional lids are designed for Pampered Chef cookware, but differ in materials and features. They can be used interchangeably, but may not fit as well. Both lids are oven safe up to 425°F, but the knob handle on the Generation lid may melt. The best way to choose the right lid size is to match it with the size of your cookware. Both lids are dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity.
PamperedPrincess74
Does anyone know if the lids for the Generation pieces fit the professional pieces?

PamperedPrincess74 said:
Does anyone know if the lids for the Generation pieces fit the professional pieces?

I know that the family skillet lids are interchangeable. However, I do not know about the other pieces. Sorry!

I think if you use a lid from the same size pan it will work. I just put the Professional 2 qt lid on the Generation II 2 qt pan, and it fit. (I do not have both full sets to try all the pans.) Each set has slightly different sized pans, so those obviously would not fit. They also have some that are the same--the 2 qt and the 10" skillet. I know the 2 qt lid fits both and the family skillet lid fits both, so I assume the 10" skillet fits both. Hope that helps!

1. What is the difference between the Generation and Professional lids?

The Generation and Professional lids are both designed to fit Pampered Chef cookware, but there are a few key differences. The Generation lids have a clear glass construction with a plastic knob handle, while the Professional lids have a stainless steel construction with a metal handle. Additionally, the Generation lids have a steam vent and the Professional lids do not.

2. Can I use a Generation lid on a Professional piece and vice versa?

Yes, you can use a Generation lid on a Professional piece and vice versa. However, keep in mind that the fit may not be as snug and the lid may not perform as well as it would on its intended piece.

3. Are the lids oven safe?

Yes, both the Generation and Professional lids are oven safe up to 425°F. However, it is important to note that the knob handles on the Generation lids are not oven safe and may melt at high temperatures.

4. How do I know which lid size to choose?

The best way to determine the right lid size is to match it with the size of your cookware. Each lid is designed to fit a specific size of cookware, so be sure to check the dimensions before making a purchase.

5. Can I put the lids in the dishwasher?

Yes, both the Generation and Professional lids are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
mminikus
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies