• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Layaway Cookware for Pan-O-Rama: Get It Paid by May 15th!

In summary, the layaway plan allows customers to put the cookware on layaway, but it has to be paid for by May 15th in order for it to count towards the incentive. Customers can choose $25 in free product value, 1 half priced item, and anything else they want.
cajunchelle
Gold Member
I am thinking about offering a layaway plan for the cookware to get my sales higher for the Pan-O-Rama. They could put the cookware on layaway but it all has to be paid for by May 15th for it to count towards the incentive we are doing. Anyone else thinking of doing this?

Attachments

• s Layaway Plan.doc
    598.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
I do like the idea but the flier didnt come through for me. Could someone else convert it please. Thank you :)

I made it in Word. Do you have Microsoft Word?

I also made a flyer for Executive Cookware. Help yourself if you would like to use it.

Attachments

• Executive Cookware.doc
    525.5 KB · Views: 801
Last edited:
That's an awesome flyer and idea! I might have to use it too!

Thanks!

ange

cajunchelle said:
I am thinking about offering a layaway plan for the cookware to get my sales higher for the Pan-O-Rama. They could put the cookware on layaway but it all has to be paid for by May 15th for it to count towards the incentive we are doing. Anyone else thinking of doing this?
Spelling error on the attached. Should read by cash/check, not my cash/check.
Great flyer. Thanks for sharing.

This is a great idea, and I am definitely considering allowing a layaway option now. Forgive me for showing off my rookiehood, but how does it work if they're the host of a catalog show AND the customer? I mean, they make the $150+ order, which is enough for a whole show, but will pampered partner let the host and the customer have the same name? If someone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Maren Kreun
[email protected]

I've only been selling for a little less that a year but as far as I know the host and the guest can have the same name. Meaning the host can also place an order and pay full price as a guest.

Yep, a host can be a guest on their own show. I've had hosts do that a few times and haven't ever had an issue.

I really love the layaway plan. Great idea for boosting cookware sales!!

Great Idea!What a great idea! I am definately going to do it. Thank you!

Layaway plan!I am a new consultant and love this website. Everyone here is very helpful and I would say that PC has one of the best families as far as helping out others. I have been an independent consultant with other companies that are no help at all.

Can someone tell me exactly how this plan works, please? I love the idea but am not sure I understand just how it works.

Thanks in a advance,

Cindy Steiner
pamperedchef

Here is how I am doing it. Say they purchases the Executive Cookware 7 piece set (not available yet just using for example) at $345.00. I will add tax and shipping, total comes to $376.38.

I make them put at least 20% down- $75.28 remaining due is $301.10
They have to pay out the $301.10 in 3 more payments,
first-$100.37
second $100.37
third- remaining balance-$310.10

They have to make a payment at least once a month. When they have paid for the set in full I will send the order in as a Catalog Show. They will then get to choose $25 in Free Product Value, 1 Half Priced Item and anything else they should choose to buy at the time they will get the 20% discount on. Hope that helps!

Layaway planJust to be clear...
When you take their order and first payment - you hold the order and hold onto the cash (or deposit/cash a check) until you have full payment. Are you flexible with how long you make the layaway terrms for or do you generally try to do 3 months? Then when you have full payment you submit the show and they are eligleble the the host benefits for the month you submit the show. So if you do not have full layaway payment before the end of Feb. - they would not be eligible for the Feb. Guest/Host specials.

Sorry - just want to make sure I understand this as I have never offered but would like to promote it.

Thanks,
Leea

Harrle said:
Just to be clear...
When you take their order and first payment - you hold the order and hold onto the cash (or deposit/cash a check) until you have full payment. Are you flexible with how long you make the layaway terrms for or do you generally try to do 3 months? Then when you have full payment you submit the show and they are eligleble the the host benefits for the month you submit the show. So if you do not have full layaway payment before the end of Feb. - they would not be eligible for the Feb. Guest/Host specials.

Sorry - just want to make sure I understand this as I have never offered but would like to promote it.

Thanks,
Leea

That is correct. As far as how long you let them put it on layaway is up to you. Some people may not be able to afford $100 a month like in the above example, you make it as you see fit, you can change it for different guest just make sure you keep a note of how long you are allowing them. Now remember if you set one up in April they will have to have it paid off by MAY 31st for it to count towards the Pan-O-Rama so I am going to push this more this month and next .

I printed out a flyer a couple of weeks ago from another thread and I love it! I just started offering this plan on January 14th and I love it! Just before I was leaving my cooking show I had a guest approach me and he and his wife are purchasing the EXECUTIVE Cookware (both sets) and want to get some of the open stock pieces too. They are very excited about the prospect of getting FPV, 2 half-price products/combos and the unlimited discount by entering it in as a catalog show. I have printed out a list of everyone who has purchased any of our cookware from PP and will be sending them a copy of the flyer then following up within a week to make sure they received it. This really is a great opportunity for everyone! My goal is to earn both the 5pc and 7pc set of the Executive cookware and with this layaway plan I should be able to achieve it plus earn more! :)

I'm probably going to do something like the layaway plan also. I think customers may be more willing to buy cookware if there is a layaway plan. As far as when they make each payment I would think you would need to deposit it as you get it otherwise if you wait to deposit it when they have made all 3 payments it defeats the purpose of layaway because thats alot of money coming out of their account all at once which is what they were trying to avoid. (sorry that was a long sentence) I'm thinking of maybe opening up a separate bank account to put layaway money in that way I won't spend it from my personal account. Of course if they pay you in cash you could wait to deposit it till all payments are made. I don't have many people pay in cash though.

Even if they paid by check you could get it cashed and put it in seperate envelopes that is labled "Jane Doe Cookware payment" and put it into a seperate place. If you are worried about your house burning (praying it doesnt of course) you could put it in a small lockbox or something like that?

So do they order the cookware at someone elses party or they consider booking a show off someone and then layaway the cookware as their own party. I guess I am not sure how this works because that will take sales away from the show they are at.

Thanks,

pamperedchef :)

cajunchelle said:
Here is how I am doing it. Say they purchases the Executive Cookware 7 piece set (not available yet just using for example) at $345.00. I will add tax and shipping, total comes to $376.38.

I make them put at least 20% down- $75.28 remaining due is $301.10
They have to pay out the $301.10 in 3 more payments,
first-$100.37
second $100.37
third- remaining balance-$310.10

They have to make a payment at least once a month. When they have paid for the set in full I will send the order in as a Catalog Show. They will then get to choose $25 in Free Product Value, 1 Half Priced Item and anything else they should choose to buy at the time they will get the 20% discount on. Hope that helps!

The host of the show that they are at would get a booking from it. You can give the host a $5.00 discount on her order or something of that sort to compensate for her loss. It is really up to you. Its your business run it like you wish!

Man, I'm excited about this, guys! How are you all planning to promote it? I heard someone planning to mail out flyers, and of course we'll all mention it at our shows. Any other ideas? I thought I would print flyers and stick them inside the catalogs on the cookware page. I'll probably put a blurb on my website, too, and in my newsletter. I would appreciate any other thoughts, too.

Let's all earn the executive cookware for FREE!!! It's going to be so great!

I think I'm going to buy the sample package with the executive small saute pan. I'll take it to my shows and promote the layaway plan that way. I may also make an e-mail to send to past hosts maybe offering a small discount on cookware sets and tell them they can also use the layaway plan with the discount. At your shows maybe try to find a guest who has some of our cookware and let them talk it up. I also think the idea about every guest bringing their worst piece of cookware to the show and having a contest. Anyway, those are just a couple of ideas to promote the cookware.

Goodbye Gen II?I was just looking at the Special Ed. Kitchen Cons. News that's posted on CC. It says that Gen II is going to be 'phased out' but it doesn't say when. Has anybody heard a timeline on this? It isn't listed on the "Spring/Summer 2006 Drop List" in the same issue. Does anybody know if it will last all the way through our cookware promotion? Or should we drop it from the layaway flyer? I just don't want to print up a bunch of copies only to discover that Gen II should be excluded.

You can order GEN II until Sept 1, 2006

Which Flyer?
pchefmomof2 said:
I printed out a flyer a couple of weeks ago from another thread and I love it! I just started offering this plan on January 14th and I love it! Just before I was leaving my cooking show I had a guest approach me and he and his wife are purchasing the EXECUTIVE Cookware (both sets) and want to get some of the open stock pieces too. They are very excited about the prospect of getting FPV, 2 half-price products/combos and the unlimited discount by entering it in as a catalog show. I have printed out a list of everyone who has purchased any of our cookware from PP and will be sending them a copy of the flyer then following up within a week to make sure they received it. This really is a great opportunity for everyone! My goal is to earn both the 5pc and 7pc set of the Executive cookware and with this layaway plan I should be able to achieve it plus earn more! :)

Which flyer did you print? Was it for the Pan-O-Rama?

I love all of the new ideas and need to put them into action. I've been struggling the past couple of years :eek: but haven't wanted to let the business go. I love the products way too much. ;)

There is actually a pretty good one at the beginning of this thread but the one I saved and tweeked a bit was from around the 5th of January. Either flyer would do and you can tweek it to fit your business.
It has really helped me and has gotten a lot of attention at my shows. Guests are starting to ask more about the cookware now. Hope it helps you out!
The file that is attached is the orginal file. I did make changes once I saved it but I am not at home to get the file that I changed.

Attachments

• lay it away flyer.php.doc
    39 KB · Views: 517
I actually have a layaway plan. The flyer is similar also. The guests at the shows get really excited about it. Granted, I havent had anyone take me up on it yet but a buzz goes around the table when I say the word "LAY AWAY!"

Shannon Robare

It works!I just had to post. I initially saw this thread awhile back and took the idea to my shows. It is paying off.

In the last three shows I have done, I have sold a generation 2 cookware set on layaway and an executive cookware set with open stock items!!!! I was well on my way to my own FREE cookware before the pan-o-rama ever started!! The other great thing is too, both of these hosts have turned their lay-a-way into their own kitchen show because they want to earn even more free and discounted items. We've set goals for them too so they could get the executive cookware at half off instead of paying the full price!!

It really is amazing how to get people excited. Today I started my first lay a way plan. His total came up to over $200! I did tell him he had to pay w/ in three months and thats when he booked a party for April. Especially when he saw the bbq set for the hosts!!

Shannon Robare

1. What is the Pan-O-Rama layaway program?

The Pan-O-Rama layaway program allows customers to purchase cookware and pay for it over time, making it more affordable and convenient.

2. How does the layaway program work?

Customers can put down a deposit of at least 10% of the total purchase price and make payments towards the remaining balance. They have until May 15th to pay off the full amount.

3. What products are eligible for the layaway program?

All Pampered Chef cookware products are eligible for the Pan-O-Rama layaway program.

4. Is there a fee for using the layaway program?

Yes, there is a $5 fee for using the Pan-O-Rama layaway program. This fee is applied to the final payment.

5. What happens if I don't pay off the full amount by May 15th?

If the full amount is not paid by May 15th, the deposit and any payments made will be refunded in the form of store credit. The cookware will also be made available for other customers to purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
newbiePC
  • pchefinski
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • Ginger428