• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will my non-stick cookware work on an induction stove?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Pampered Chef cookware on induction cooktops and the differences between non-stick and stainless steel options. It is clarified that only the stainless steel cookware is safe for use on induction cooktops. The brand Circulon is mentioned as having a non-stick option that is compatible with induction stoves. The use of magnets to test cookware for induction compatibility is also mentioned. The conversation concludes with a recommendation for hybrid cooktops that have both induction and other types of burners.
foodygirl
Trying to educate myself - It's my understanding that our non-stick cookware will not work on induction type stoves, but that our stainless will. Is this correct? Also, does anyone know of a non-stick brand out there that WILL work on an induction stove? Have a host that is struggling on what to purchase.

Thanks!!

Per Pampered Chef website (The Pampered Chef, Ltd.)

"Cookware may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil or gas burner range. Do not use on induction cooktops."

Our stainless is induction safe, but not our non-stick. I believe that Circulon has a non stick that will work on induction....What is the host's issue? Does she already have stainless, does she prefer non-stick?

Quick FYI...our Executive Cookware is made with Annodized Aluminum. Even with the titanium addition, it is non magnetic. You can check any pan's ability to be used on an Induction Cooktop by seeing if a magnet sticks to the base of the pan. If it does not stick, the pan will not work on an Induction Cooktop.

Induction Cooktops use powerful, high-frequency electromagnets to induce a magnetic field. When a metal pan (cast iron, quality stainess steel) is placed in this field the magnetic field transfers its energy to the pan in the form of heat.

There are some that both sets of our cookware will work with mine is a hybrid electrolux the stainless works on all 4 burners the non stick on the left 2 only

There are a couple of threads at the bottom of the page in "Similar Threads" with past discussions of induction cooktops.

This one has quite a few responses: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/induction-cooktop-does-anyone-have-one-67977/

Bottom line: Induction cooktops work using magnets, so if the cookware is made of non-ferrous metals, it won't work. Hybrid cooktops have induction burners as well as other kind of burners (probably electric).

1. What is an induction stove?

An induction stove is a type of cooktop that uses electromagnetic energy to heat up the cookware directly. This means that the surface of the stove remains cool to the touch, making it safer and more energy efficient compared to traditional gas or electric stoves.

2. What type of cookware can I use on an induction stove?

Only cookware with a magnetic bottom will work on an induction stove. This includes stainless steel, cast iron, and some types of enamel-coated cookware. Non-magnetic materials like glass, aluminum, and copper will not work on an induction stove.

3. Can I use my current cookware on an induction stove?

If your current cookware has a magnetic bottom, then it can be used on an induction stove. However, if it does not have a magnetic bottom, you will need to purchase new cookware specifically designed for induction stoves.

4. Is induction cooking faster than traditional cooking methods?

Yes, induction cooking is generally faster than traditional cooking methods. The heat is directly transferred to the cookware, which means it can heat up and cook food more quickly and evenly compared to gas or electric stoves.

5. Are there any safety concerns with using an induction stove?

Induction stoves are generally considered to be safer than traditional stoves because the surface remains cool to the touch. However, it is still important to use caution when cooking, as the cookware itself will become hot and can cause burns if touched. It is also important to remember to turn off the stove when not in use to prevent any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalf
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • cntrygirl'skitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • beckysuem