• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Gen II Cookware Be Safely Cleaned in the Dishwasher? | Expert Answer

In summary, it is not recommended to put all types of cookware in the dishwasher. This includes materials such as cast iron and non-stick coatings, which can be damaged by the high heat and harsh detergent. It is also not safe to put cookware with wooden handles in the dishwasher, as the high heat and moisture may cause the wood to warp or crack. To prevent damage to your cookware in the dishwasher, use a gentle cycle and avoid harsh detergents. It's also important to properly stack and space out your cookware to avoid scratches and dents. Additionally, it is not recommended to put cookware with burnt on food in the dishwasher, as the high heat and water pressure may not be enough to remove it and
chefpenny99
Gold Member
Does anyone remember if the old Gen II cookware can go in the dishwasher or the Exec for that matter? My DH was asking me today (as I was handwashing a frying pan) if they could go in the dishwasher and I told him that i didn't think they could. Was I right?

The stainless steel can but the non-stick cannot... something about the anodized coating reacting with the cleaning agents in automatic dishwasher detergent... it's what leaves that white gummy residue.

The Generation II isn't anodized (it's enameled), but the nonstick shouldn't go in the dishwasher anyway. The water pressure and abrasive detergents will damage the nonstick finish.

Thanks for the answers! My gut reaction was that they weren't supposed to go in the dishwasher but I couldn't find anything to back that up. You guys are great!

Hi there! Yes, you were correct, the old Gen II cookware is not dishwasher safe. It is recommended to hand wash them to maintain their quality and prolong their lifespan. The Exec cookware, on the other hand, is dishwasher safe. Hope this helps! Happy cooking!

1. Can I put all types of cookware in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put all types of cookware in the dishwasher. Some materials, such as cast iron and non-stick coatings, can be damaged by the high heat and harsh detergent of the dishwasher. Always check the manufacturer's instructions before putting cookware in the dishwasher.

2. Is it safe to put cookware with wooden handles in the dishwasher?

No, it is not safe to put cookware with wooden handles in the dishwasher. The high heat and moisture can cause the wood to warp or crack. It's best to wash these types of cookware by hand.

3. How do I prevent my cookware from getting damaged in the dishwasher?

To prevent your cookware from getting damaged in the dishwasher, make sure to use a gentle cycle and avoid using harsh detergents. It's also important to properly stack and space out your cookware to prevent scratches and dents.

4. Can I put my cookware with burnt on food in the dishwasher?

It's not recommended to put cookware with burnt on food in the dishwasher. The high heat and water pressure may not be enough to completely remove the burnt on food, and it can also cause damage to the cookware.

5. Should I pre-rinse my cookware before putting it in the dishwasher?

It is generally not necessary to pre-rinse your cookware before putting it in the dishwasher. However, if your cookware has a lot of food residue, it's a good idea to scrape off as much as possible before loading it into the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefpenny99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefkeri
  • Products and Tips
Replies